Is anyone experiencing problems with Ethershadow Assassin?

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Anaranj, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Anaranj Member

Recently I have obtained the spell lv 6 of Ascension Etherealist EA; I have tried it in heroic instances and also with a dummy in the GH. The spell does damage approximately 20% of the time. I have checked this with a dummy; I always have 100% power available; I have checked with pre-clicks and without them. 80% of the time the result is the following:
    - Power drops to 20%.
    - Spell enters in recast 3 min.
    - ACT shows 0 dmg; Ethershadow Assassin does not even appear in the listing.
    My guild mates do not have this problem. My disruption skill is even higher than theirs. I have EA in journeyman, while they still have its in apprentice.

My apologies for bad English. Regards,
  2. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

Yes, I've seen it happen, too, exactly as you describe.
  3. Ebarel Member

dont worry, spells will be fixed today and with the usual "fixes" wont be worth casting anymore anyway. prolem solved ;)
    Snikkety and -Soteria- like this.
  4. Notagain New Member

I am glad it was fixed.We are into May now and still happening with 3 characters. Does not trigger at least half of the time. Am I missing something?
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

Assassin can be parried/blocked.
  6. Mandoblast Active Member

Also, EA has line of sight issues. This is especially noticeable in a raid setting. What happens is that players between you and the target prevent the spell from landing.

The part that is really annoying about that scenario is that even if it doesn't land, it still kicks off the reuse timer as if it did.

What I usually do is start the EA cast and run around to a side with no one on it so it lands. All ascension spells will continue to cast while you move.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  7. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

Also, a guildie of mine has been having problems with ACT lately where he says his spells aren't hitting, but on everyone else's ACT they are hitting. So, it could be an issue with your logs on top of any issues with the spell.
  8. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

I am second on start casting EA and run to direct sight spot to lad the hit on full
  9. Notagain New Member

Thanks for the suggestions. I think the parried/blocked info is the most likely. I will try checking closer and see if i can find that happening. Thanks again.
  10. Fairin Active Member

i find if i cast it as the first spell to enter combat it does zero damage. but if i debuff a mob first. or ethermancy it or whatever then it will land 100%. regardless of los issues.

feels like a candidate for cannot cast this spell outside of combat ive seen on something else.
    Xerikton and DoomDrake like this.
  11. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

I am second that
    I usually fire Dagger Storm first before anything else (after RT) - I actually did it always for different reason (DS tend to proc often ethereal ravaging) but now you mentioned it - yeah in the past I seen this also, can enter in combat with EA - have to cast something else first
    Fairin likes this.
  12. Fairin Active Member

even more important to trigger celestial gate if they don't let it proc off melee..
    DoomDrake likes this.
  13. Fairin Active Member

now its even more important to fire it off to get celestial gate to proc. was using ranged auto for ravaging.. sigh.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  14. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Ravaging still procing ... if you know how to make it so :)
    Fairin likes this.