Is anyone able to use the Expert Elixir to run an Expert?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by CoLD MeTaL, May 25, 2018.

1. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Meaning, that you don't have an alt in gear that could run the Experts without the elixir, but the elixir has made it so that you can now do experts.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Actually, I am in raid gear, and I wasn't able to do a plain [Expert] solo or molo, even with the potion. It probably would help an alt in a heroic expert group, but I haven't tested.
  3. semisus Does not play this game

well the potion is not there so you can solo a expert , its meant for ppl who join a grp but are not geared
    some of the t1 expert has some rough pulse dmg but the event experts seems easy enugh , id suggest if its a grp of undergeared people using the potion to run event disease expert
    Mermut likes this.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

Unfortunately the elixir doesn't do anything for health.. so if you're under-geared, you're going to need a shaman in the group or some of the AoE pulses will put you on the ground.
  5. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Hope the potions last thru death, or one death and the run is over for you... and me!
  6. semisus Does not play this game

thats why i suggested this zone , something like tower breach is not gonna work for undergeared people but this event one dont have a pulse i belive
    Mermut likes this.
  7. Leed Active Member

It persists through death.

It does 'Reduce all incoming damage' so while you don't have more health, everything is doing less damage to you than it otherwise would.
  8. Benj Well-Known Member

My guild has already run a few experts with undergeared players/alts. The potion put them above the "less casuals" who run every day. If everyone in the group activates the potion, the zone is no more difficult than the original heroic.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  9. Kraumer New Member

This buff potion stop working for me after the patch today. The buff icon shows but the stats never change.