Fixed Internally Investigate heals rolling over into damage

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Ziefren, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Ziefren Active Member

Noticed in Shade weavers thicket raid that the Templar cast *heal* mark of divinity actually murders player summoned pets including dumb fires.

Any chance we have this looked at?

Server Name: Skyfire
    Player name: Zyfrennn (Templar)
    Zone: Shadeweavers thicket raid zone (cant think of the exact name)
    Frequency: Always happens when i cast Mark of Divinity on an enemy, the spell is supposed to proc a heal but it murders player summoned pets instead
    Time i noticed it: 01/08/2020 between 6 PM PST to 9 PM PST
    Garthan, Twyla, Bludd and 13 others like this.
  2. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Very good reporting here of the problem .. very accurate and detailed. That's cool. Hopefully the devs can pin it down and fix it for you fast.
    Garthan likes this.
  3. Bentenn Well-Known Member

been doing this for awhile now.. last expac as well. probably not high enough on their important list..
    Garthan likes this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

There's something else going on, too. I *think* it had to do with another class of healer in the group with the Templar. I've pinged our Templar and asked her to post her observations here when she gets home.
    Garthan likes this.
  5. Madelinerose Member

This has been happening for years. My templar cannot group with a Fury. Has something to do with one of their epic buffs. Heads up on this too...even if they move you out of the group, you have to camp to get rid of it or you will continue to kill the pets.
    Garthan and Whilhelmina like this.
  6. Madelinerose Member

Fury in my raid guild said it was the level 80 spell of Wrath's blessing. They really do need to fix it because it will help the other healers in the group but it cannot be used with a Templar because of mark of divinity.
    Garthan likes this.
  7. EmJay Well-Known Member

This has been tested with my fury when I raided in PoP. When wrath's blessing is casted on a Templar or Inquisitor.that healer would kill pets. When it is casted on a defiler, their wards were broken to where they warded for less than a thousand damage points. So, yes, this has been reported many times over the past four years.
    Garthan and Sigrdrifa like this.
  8. Ziefren Active Member

Yea confirmed that it was wrath's blessing that was causing this. Mark of divinity alone wasn't causing issues.

Thanks for the information, the fury is just no longer putting it on me.
    Garthan and Sigrdrifa like this.
  9. Clintsat Well-Known Member

Wrath's Blessing is a completely worthless buff at end-game. Abmod to heals doesn't really do anything as heals are mostly soft-capped. It just shouldn't ever be cast and should be changed to something else.
    Garthan, Bludd and Priority like this.
  10. Ratalthor Developer

11. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Wardens - Bulwark of Faith - has done 18 billion plus damage to me as the tank when a warden has cast this on me. Enough to the point, that the healer has taken it off their hotbars.

I suspect most of these issues is a 32 bit vs 64 bit number crunching issue.
    Garthan likes this.
  12. Ratalthor Developer

If anybody has additional abilities or reproduction steps, please share them here.
  13. Niniel New Member

The Fury mythical buff is broken after doing the Epic Repercussions conversion. Playing on Kaladim the buff on my fury worked as intended when connected to the weapon (or at least was not causing detrimental effects).
    Garthan likes this.
  14. Ratalthor Developer

Can anyone PM me your character name and server if you can reproduce this issue regularly?

Please include which AA you're running on or which you encountered the issue on.
    Twyla likes this.
  15. Ratalthor Developer

We have not been able to reproduce this issue. If anyone can share additional information (spells, builds, gear, etc.), please let us know.
    Twyla likes this.
  16. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I will let Madelinerose know you're asking, but she's got some stuff going on right now and may not be able to respond immediately. That is her toon name, and she's on Maj'Dul. I can't see her AA build on EQ2U or I'd point you to it. Platovias, also on Maj'Dul, would probably be the fury in question.
  17. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Ameth - Bulwark of Faith - the healer doesn't use it on me anymore. Has killed more than a few times in raid.
  18. Sepulchrum Member

Not sure in this particular case, but there are some fights that have mechanics that debuff your crit bonus to be a negative number (such as the mob with the display cases for the rubber ducky and such). If you cast this spell while your crit bonus is negative, your heals will actually go negative and inflict damage. Curious if that is happening in this instance.