Inventory OVERLOAD !!Heeeeeeeeelllllp me DEVs!!!

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

please. Please. PLEASE! DEVs
    I beg of you!!! Please make for us a Armoire for our armor/clothing sets!!
    A depot, if it would be easier, with 5,000 slots (or "drawers" of 100 slots so we could keep things organized?) that we could store the various armor and clothing sets.

As I am managing the Regional Armor & Weapon Museum on the Maj'Dul server, and have made near-complete sets from various zones, I have need of a place to store the sets, and I keep track of what parts are missing/needed when I get a new item via the item search function.

But all of my bag space, in bank, shared bank, house vault are all >98% FULL!!!!

I have need of the Armoire Depot! Please! make one of these for us!! I, and I am sure others, would be most grateful!!!
    Moonfyre, Seni, Finora and 5 others like this.
  2. Merriel Well-Known Member

I've been pleading for one of these for a while now. The character wardrobe is sadly less than efficient for those who would like to have full sets of armor for mannequins and house actors. While it's nice for those who just want a few appearance sets to change their characters into, it in no way, shape, or form comes close to helping many of us decorators who have shared banks, banks, and house vaults jam packed full of gear across a number of alts on several accounts. I even have broker boxes jam packed full of stuff that is not heirloom or no trade, simply to have a place to store it.

It would be so much more convenient to have a single, very large wardrobe to keep all these items in, if only to avoid possible duplication of items. I'd even be willing to 'destroy' the items, so long as I could use the wardrobe to dress my house actors/mannequins in the gear without having to use my meager number of appearance gear wardrobe slots that I extremely rarely use anyways.

I don't tend to change my character's appearances very often, and only make changes to their appearance when I find a new item or items that I think look better on them. I don't need this wardrobe to be accessible to my characters for appearance purposes...just to mannequins and house actors.
    Moonfyre, Finora, Simparri and 5 others like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heck, if the mannequins and house actors would only KEEP their outfits, instead of a copy of something that's still cluttering up the inventory, that would be awesome... :)

Uwk
    Simparri, Merriel, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I think we're supposed to be using the Wardrobe feature for this, no?
  5. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

uh, no.
    as the museum in question, currently one of two, currently has >1,000 mannequins, many of which sport incomplete armor/weapon sets, the wardrobe function is totally inadequate.
  6. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I totally get that. Even though for me the wardrobe appearance function is sufficient (I use my alt clothing just for character appearance), I know that some people like having RP setups in their homes and/or guild halls.

A house item wardrobe for the home and GH would be very useful in this circumstance. While I probably would personally prefer that it NOT destroy the item in question, I think it would be useful even if it did.
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

We are looking at a game that is approaching 14 years old, there are many, many more armor and clothing sets that are useful for decorating, house actors, museums, etc and to destroy the item hoping you get a drop again in the future is ridiculous. This depot in no way would cause an unfair advantage to anybody.

It would be useful as a GH amenity and as a depot players could craft, perhaps a small craftable version for homes and a larger version purchasable for DBCash.
  8. Merriel Well-Known Member

Because most of the pieces are heirloom/no trade, as a guild hall amenity it wouldn't work...unless by allowing it to destroy the item so no one else can use it for their own character's appearance, they could then remove the heirloom/no trade tag when it is added to the depot and anyone with trustee access to the guild hall could use the wardrobe. I don't see how that would work, however, when it comes to our own homes.

Whatever the case, the depot would need to be something we can add heirloom and no-trade items to. It could act in much the same manner as the house vault...where my main, Daemora, can enter a house owned by herself, a house owned by one of my alts, a house owned by a friend, and even the guild hall, and only Daemora can access her own wardrobe, therefore only she can add items to her wardrobe. This resolves the heirloom/no trade issue. Each individual character would have their own wardrobe.

If by storing those items, it makes more work for the server to populate the wardrobe each time it is loaded, perhaps that can be alleviated by the destruction of the item itself when it is added to the wardrobe, with it's 'appearance' being unlocked in the shared database of all wardrobe items, so that each item does not have to be populated on the server individually for each character accessing it, thereby reducing any lag that might be created if each item had to be populated individually. Basically it would work similarly to our personal wardrobes, except the items would only be able to be used on a house actor or mannequin, instead of our character, and the wardrobe would need to hold many, many more items than our personal wardrobes can hold, because of the many years and extensive collection and accumulation of armor and weapons we have already built up.
  9. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

you see? this brings to light the whole point I am trying to get across with the Regional Armor and Weapon Museum:
    That there are SOOOO many, Neat, Spectacular, Detailed, etc., etc., etc, armor sets and weapons in the lands of Norrath!

I would that everyone be made aware of these sets,
    for what is a "role-play" if one is wearing a brown paper bag, and wants to portray a Knight in Shining Armor?

p.s.
    the video referenced is a bit dated, as the museum has recently undergone a massive remodeling and has dramatically less lag, increased frame rate now!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  10. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

/sigh.
    my, what an a-typical response to presented wisdom and encouraged self-evaluation,... hostility.
    You want an answer? It shall be given(again):
    That unlike many who are self-centered, only thinking of themselves, *I* choose to think of others, in service to their needs, assisting them in discovering (in this case) that there is such a bountiful resource of neat and intricate armors and weapons that many would prefer to wear.
    It is the assistance in the logistics and organizing of the displays until they are completed.
    THAT is why.
    :rolleyes:
    Simparri likes this.
  11. Dude Well-Known Member

You shot him/her down on his/her post about wanting something. He/she did the same to you and you want to claim your personal request is for the betterment of all. Throwing the BS flag on this one.
    Xianthia and Soara2 like this.
  12. Merriel Well-Known Member

I can assure you that Ceyarrecks reasons for his request are not at all "BS" as you claim. He and many other decorators, contrary to what you seem to think, appreciate decorating for the benefit of all. If such a depot were created, it would help to reduce the amount of lag experienced in said Armor and Weapon Museum, which has been such an issue that he was forced to move the displays further apart in order to address those issues of lag. He takes great pride in providing this museum to Norrath and often expresses his hope that many will find the museum to be useful in deciding on appearance armor for their characters...so yes, he is quite serious in his response. The current wardrobe system is severely lacking to the decorating community, and ONLY meets the needs of those wanting appearance gear for their characters. This, unfortunately, is not enough. I am sorry that you feel his response was offensive, but I support him 100% in his endeavor to make improvements for the decorating community.
  13. Juraiya Well-Known Member

That's not exactly what Dude was talking about. Soara requested something he/she wanted on another thread; Cey shot Soara's request down. Soara was responding in kind here. It's a situation where neither can see the other's viewpoint. Or perhaps Soara was just being spiteful; as Soara's post appears to have been deleted, and I don't recall specifically what he/she said, I couldn't even guess what Soara was thinking.

I personally think Cey's museum sounds like a great idea. I have never visited it personally, but I've heard about it from others. I have no idea how easy or difficult programming such a wardrobe would be, but I know I would also find it very useful.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Dude like this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen! So do I. Many's the time I've had awesome armor/clothing/etc. pieces that I would love to be able to just display, but to do so and take it out of my various inventory bags/boxes/etc. without destroying them, as the Wardrobes do now. I actually tried that for the first time the other day, and made sure that they were just silly little T1/T2 items that could be easily made, rather than something truly cool and worth putting on display, nothing that I would grieve over losing permanently. :-/

If the mannequins and house actors would actually take up their "clothes," that would be great. If we had a depot that could hold just Appearance items, even, that would be a big step in the right direction. :)

Uwk
    Simparri likes this.
  15. Austerity Member

Imho...the wardrobe was made to fix this problem. You can outfit house actors and mannequins from the wardrobe. Yes, you are talking about 14 years worth of items. I have 4 alts with maximum bag space which I use to gather appearance sets. I have one for each type of armor (plate, leather and cloth) and one who holds weapons, bows and shields. When I have a complete set I move it into the wardrobe. It works very nicely for me. If you are willing to buy a depot for this, I'm sure an extra character slot wouldn't be too expensive. One character with only 48 slot bags is capable of holding 1152 items. Be reasonable.
  16. Seni Active Member

Austerity: you obviously do not have the need for RPing much, and do not show off many outfits on mannequins. I don't even RP and I have more than that, spread out over multiple storage mules or alts with room.

Let's see.. we have feet, legs, chest, shoulders, forearms, hands, cloak, and lid - then weapon and shield (or bow). Weapon and shield bring us to 10 slots, so the capability of holding 1152 items works out to the capability of holding 115 complete sets.

As Cey previously stated, one of the two museums has over 1000 mannequins for the sets being displayed. Assuming one set per mannequin, 1000 sets would require the purchase of 9 character slots*. I do not know how many the second museum holds, but let's assume it's at least half as much as the first one. In total, that would require the purchase of 13-14 character slots to hold what is being shown in the museums now without room for expansion**.

Be reasonable. :)

*Yes, many pieces could probably be moved to characters on multiple free accounts. However, this does not take into consideration the vast amount of heirloom and no-trade pieces, and would present a logistical and organizational nightmare - something that could be alleviated quite handily by the suggested armoire.
    **As always, my math is open to correction, as it is early and I have not had enough coffee yet.