Invaders in Lavastorm

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Daryx, Mar 14, 2021.

1. Daryx Well-Known Member

I went to finish off efreeti L&L on a character and found a bunch of nonattackable "invading Sathirian" NPCs massed outside of Solusek's Eye. I don't think it's been that long since I've gone in there for something, so I was surprised to see this. I don't see any indications of what they are doing, other than their raving about "Empress Sathir". Is this related to the fabled Solusek's Eye somehow and I really just haven't been there in over a year??? Or is there something upcoming, anyone know?
    Kaitheel likes this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I'm guessing this has something to do with the Shissar trying to invade Norrath again from their stronghold on Luclin. Not sure what kind of alliances the shissar and sathirians may have.
  3. Kaitheel Developer

Breanna and Daryx like this.
  4. Daryx Well-Known Member

Thanks, Kaitheel. I see that the last time I went in there was the beginning of September and prior to that was basically during Tinkerfest. And the NPC emotes are in my log on Sep 5, so obviously I was not paying enough attention to have it register. :rolleyes:
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

To get you caught up on the story of the game, Emperor Venril Sathir has used his power and influence to rule over the Iksar on Kunark for centuries. He's also full of himself and believes himself to be an actual god, because his necromantic powerful always bring him back to life. His son, Rile Sathir, still holds onto the believe that the rightful ruler of the Iksar empire is whoever wields the power of the mighty Greenmist blade, blessed by Cazic Thule. Long story short, the Kunark Ascending expansion sees us helping Rile Sathir as we actually banish Venril Sathir to another dimension where he cannot escape, but now there are still legions of Iksar who choose to believe that Venril's wife, Queen Drusilla Sathir, is the right full heir to the empire and that Rile's claim is not valid. Thus, you have Sathirian invaders in Solusek's Eye who's presence was never actually explained in that game update.
    Daryx and Breanna like this.
  6. Daryx Well-Known Member

I suspected Drusella, but since she's a skelly detritus thing, are they planning on resurrecting her? (I have not gone in the fabled SE if there is information about that in there). I know we had to go get her bones in the Kunark Ascending timeline and then get "tricked" but I don't remember seeing her otherwise in that.

One of my favorite mercs is Ursalled, just because she is like you know who (anagram fun), and Drusella was so annoying to kill back when 80 was the level cap.
  7. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

The Sathirian Invaders are never really explained in SE. They make up the upper half of the zone with no context of why they're actually there. Halfway down, you start fighting Giants and Efreeti who have a more defined purpose for trying to take over while Nagafen is away from his lair.
    Breanna and Daryx like this.