Introducing the EQ2 Discord Chat

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Feldon, Sep 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jrox Well-Known Member

Probably because there is way too much to read through daily and the "Official Forums" is where important info should be divulged, not some random conversation you might or might not catch depending on your schedule.
    GrunEQ, Mizgamer62 and Feldon like this.
  2. Kioske Well-Known Member

Honestly, just from what I have noticed, the only dev who has bothered to have any sort of conversation in the forums the last few months has been Gninja.

I got kicked from the discord for suggesting fixes to focused casting (in a polite manner, mind you) and then banned when I returned to the discord and asked why someone who was being completely civil having a conversation about a broken mechanic would be kicked. So as far as I am concerned, it's a wasted effort, mostly what the devs do in the discord is troll anyway.
    Mizgamer62, DoomDrake and Feldon like this.
  3. Feldon Well-Known Member

With Discord, we've gone from a little bit of dev communication on the forums to almost none. Meanwhile, anyone who gives any other feedback than glowing praise is shown the door. I left the chat before that temptation came around to landing on me.

By the way, Discord for H1Z1 and DCUO has worked out quite differently and has greatly benefitted both players and developers.
    Iglu, -Soteria-, Phaedrix and 4 others like this.
  4. Jrox Well-Known Member

Because we have next to nothing for support in the game that gave way for the rest. We have become the redheaded stepchild no one cares about. Can't wait for Pantheon to be honest. This is just to get me through at this point I guess. Absolutely zero communication from the EQ2 team as to what the plans are or if anything is going to be worked out outside of rumor I hear from friends who attempt to follow discord. We don't even get newsletters with real information anymore. Every since Holly left it's been utter crap imo.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  5. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Holly left?
  6. Malleria Well-Known Member

No, she's just producer of EQ1 now as well, so splits her focus.
  7. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

That is what I thought.
  8. Tupperbeast Active Member

Kiosks it has actually brought on point because the only one where sensible Devs speaks is Gninja. If I look at Kander there can not be taken seriously, let alone ask yourself what Daybreak to him finds someone who is more open-minded to the players community and at the same time as people are as stupid or stupid in such a position Nothing to look for.

Man simply take the situation it should be talked about the current Xpac all suggestions of the players base will be more or less crashed off or if it is too much to them also a spell from the forum happening already happened. I am wondering what should be for a service there, only the money of the customers take but nothing to do is not exactly a super great solution, which is also the reason why more and more the game leave the service on the part of Daybreak is bad.

The Discord Channel was a good idea but in the end, it is more the way out of Devs around here in the EQ2 forum nothing more to write or times to enter the Gamerbase, we say it honestly as it is we are left to them. Allies if you talked to bugs in the game they are annoyed, these would not be available and all on the live server tested. Comic only the time and again which are present and partly the fixed still spin.
  9. Jrox Well-Known Member

I am lost, this is gibberish to me and makes no sense. Can someone please translate this for me! And don't take this wrong, I am a fan! I have been to SOE live events and met these people. All for the most part seemed to be pretty cool. I don't know that the issue or blame belongs in one pocket. But it sure feels like there is total neglect being served up hourly on the EQ2 player base.

Go to discord and be banned for asking legit simple questions, then re-banned for asking why you were banned to begin with. Or get complete crap for information that is most likely completely false and be expected to accept it. Honestly, I think they really don't give a crap and this is what we should consider the norm moving forward... I of all people wish I was so wrong in this...
    Meneltel likes this.
  10. Jrox Well-Known Member

Yea sure, splitting time... Where is the portion of time that should be focused on EQ2? I haven't seen it, have any of you? Being a producer requires lots, and I mean LOTS, of time!
  11. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Don't disagree with you on this point, I just thought you meant that she was no longer employed by DBG lol :p.
  12. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Holly's been producer of both EQ & EQ2 since February, 2015.
    Jrox and Shmogre like this.
  13. Jrox Well-Known Member

I know :). It's not a poke at Holly. She has more on her plate it appears since the major downsizing, and I just can't help but think this is the reason for a loss of communication, or connection if you will, with the community. Do you disagree?
    Meneltel likes this.
  14. Dude Well-Known Member

What happened to this?
  15. Tyrus Dracofire Well-Known Member

Discord for voices? it is useless for deaf like me.
  16. Iglu Active Member

Says it all about the EQ2 developers really.
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

well since the first time I posted something on this thread I got 3 logins on Discord
    I still don't know why I should use it for EQ. I don't use the message function only the voice chat ,because I am forced to
    I think the forum is fine for everything else, I don't like to look around on all media to find news about the game
    I am happy to say that we been informed on some things better on the log in page.
    Don't get me wrong Discord works I just don't see what's better for my personal use.
    Meneltel likes this.
  18. Bella222 Active Member

I agree. It is so much easier to just quickly check the forums to see what is going on. This is the game. We should get the info here first.
  19. That guy. Well-Known Member

The devs like Discord because any promises disappear in the chat scroll, they can't be held to anything down the road because there's no proof they ever said it; unlike the forums where it's easy to dig stuff up via internet archives.. Probably main reason they got pissed at Feldon for wanting to transcribe Discord chat to EQ2wire.
    Tekka, Feldon and Meneltel like this.
  20. Gninja Developer

Folks quote us out of Discord all the time. Feel free to. We have only said not to quote us a couple times and it was because what was being said was very subject to change. It is rare that we tell anyone not to share things from Discord. In fact we tend to treat it like any other social media. Once something is said we expect it to be quoted just about everywhere.

We still use the forums... Or at very least we keep up with them. Its tough to respond to some hot issues as the thread pretty much instantly dissolves into chaos. I personally don't see a problem with using multiple venues for feedback and discussions.

We didn't get upset because we were quoted. We reacted poorly to it because it was presented as if we always tell folks not to quote anything we say in there which is not the case.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.