Introducing DaybreakGames.com

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Bashem Well-Known Member

All I can think or say now is WTF!
  2. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

3. Sambril Well-Known Member

I have to agree. Using an acronym like that is not 'hip' or 'cool' or whatever people say these days, it is completely unprofessional.
    duke68, Wintir and Azeren like this.
  4. Atan Well-Known Member

My thoughts that flowed immediately after receiving that emails...

Wow, some spammer is already impersonating DBG to try to fish me...

I wonder if they just got hacked again...

OMG, they actually sent this, WTF are they thinking?
    Finora, duke68, Mizgamer62 and 2 others like this.
  5. Merriel Well-Known Member

So I see the zombie face is still on their website...they obviously do not take their customer's (many of whom are parents and grandparents) very seriously, if they have not taken steps already to remove that picture from their site. Seeing what Smedley had to say about the future of mmo's...like this one...well I had little faith in DBG from the time they took over from SOE, and that faith has been reduced yet again. If the staff has lost faith in this game that they worked so hard to create, how are we, the paying customers expected to keep faith in this game? Yet, this game has so much potential, but they just simply refuse to believe in their own game...well, perhaps if they had replaced those who made so many unpopular decisions which led to the state of this game today, maybe, the new people would see the potential that these others do not. :/
  6. duke68 New Member

Hi
    Been playing EQ2 for 8+years.
    Don't ask questions the forum is full of the information you need to play. Great group of helpful people.

I was really bothered by the wtf e-mail. Very unprofessional. And the zombie on front page doesn't belong there.
    There are a lot of families and younger players that play EQ2.
    The remarks about the game dying is worrisome. Why buy a game that you think is going to fail?

Thanks for the xp week :)

BigDad
    Kittybock likes this.
  7. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Well....I don't mind the zombie, but we watch Walking Dead and don't have kiddos. Btw, if you don't care for the zombie, you can click on the dots (lower left) and advance to next pic in carousel.

That said, I don't go to the main page much, BUT if they just swapped the rotation of the pics in the carousel, so Mr. Zombie guy did not hit folks desktop first, before the delay kicks in and the rotation starts. The others are all pretty vanilla. Just my 2c. I do like the "Gaming is in our blood", though...nice tag line.
    duke68 likes this.
  8. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I saw those words, but it is a shame that the site its self does not back those words up. I doesn't feel like a "gaming" site to me.
    duke68 and Kittybock like this.
  9. Ahava New Member

New logo sort of looks like something from LoTRO. (Smaug's eye.....) Cool though, so EQ2 is no longer under SOE anymore. Good! Maybe this years PAX Prime, you guys will have more at your booth, sort of disappointed by the lack of EQ2 representation.

Other than that, looking forward to playing many more years with you all.

Spindle likes this.
  10. flameweaver Well-Known Member

IF they do go to Pax this year, expect to see more about H1Z1 and PS2, with precious little about either of the EQ titles. It's a long time since Smed saw EQ1/2 as the company's flagship titles.
  11. Spindle Well-Known Member

Seriously. I remember when Smed was all over Landmark and EQN; sandbox games were THE THING and he was taking gaming to the 'next level' with EQN. Then he bulked up, shaved his head and embraced the slimy slope of zombie-land. I pity the poor sod.

Yeah, I bought the DLC too, /sheepish Norrath junkie grin
    flameweaver likes this.
  12. flameweaver Well-Known Member

I too ponied up for the DLC on my main account, as I only have level 100's there.

I also remember the EQN hype and the "we got this wrong and are starting it again" messages - what was 3 or 4 times ? I wonder how much money that wasted and I'm not expecting EQN to see the light of day any time soon, if ever.
    Moonpanther and Spindle like this.
  13. Almee Well-Known Member

What the heck is going on with DBG? It seems like they have lost their collective minds.

Professionals don't send out WTF emails to their clients. It's really bad form.

The logo is way too close to another game company's (as aptly illustrated by other posters). It also has nothing to do with daybreak so it is very confusing as a logo.

The remarks about the game are staggering. Nothing like tanking your own game. "Don't buy our game: No one plays games like this anymore." Are they going to use this in their non-existent advertising?

And to access their website we are greeted by a gratuitouly icky zombie just to make us feel good about the company and restore our confidence in their ability to make wise business decisions about the game we love. Boy are we all in trouble.

I hope they haven't wasted too much money on items containing the logo. I suspect it will be short lived.
    duke68, Wintir and flameweaver like this.
  14. Wintir Active Member

Profane acronyms are low rental and unappreciated. I play EQ2 not Trailer Park 2. :mad:
    duke68 likes this.
  15. Plays4fun New Member

Kudos to DBG for actually getting me to post on the forums.

I deleted the email without opening it.

Seriously? WTF in the subject line? This seemed to fit in more with the spam email I get about legal help, enlargement stuff, and dating people from diverse racial groups.

I look forward for what the future with DBG will be, and hope to continue to play EQ2 for years to come, but let's try to to be cool AND professional..mmkay? It can be done
    duke68 likes this.
  16. Kittybock Well-Known Member

hehe, me too.

Personally, I have this sneaky feeling that Nibbles is Qho in a Bird Suit.... Just saying. ;)
    HaphazardAllure and flameweaver like this.
  17. Beee Well-Known Member

[IMG]

As written one week ago:

This game is PEGI 12 and I do not think that the Zombie on the "Game is in your blood" FrontPage meets this criteria.

:eek:

Second Point: A Newsletter with WTF in subject goes to trash without beeing read
  18. Ogren New Member

When I saw that email... and then saw the Eye Cog logo that DBG obviously "borrowed" it really hit me that this isn't just some slow and painful death we are going to suffer here. Things have truly changed. And not for the better. This game is going down ... fast!

I stopped playing almost 2 months ago, but I still have a Krono stashed with the hope that some time soon, I might be able to enjoy the game for a little while more if some new content comes out. And by content, I mean content that I should be getting for my $40 payment for AoM and not some bait and switch like the RC is.

What was one of the first things DBG did after the sale? Fired most of their customer relations and customer support staff, created a new GM matrix that basically says they won't help you with anything and terminated phone and live chat support.

What does the CEO of this company think of his premier assets? He thinks the days of this type of game are over. Nice support for the products that have supported you for over 17 years Smed.

What does DBG games use as their new corporate identity? A logo that is almost a direct copy from some indie Android App developer... Hmmmm

And what is one of the first emails we receive from this new re-branded company? "WTF is happening at Daybreak" - This, from a company that used to be so worried about its ESRB rating that they would be check every update to make sure their were no content violations.

My prediction.... DBG has no intention of either developing new, or supporting existing, MMO PC titles beyond the minimum maintenance necessary to keep collecting subscriptions and SC purchases for as long as the games are "viable". And while milking this SOE stable for every last ounce of cash it can, it will go full bore into the Android and iOS game market.

Next Superbowl, you watch... "Clans of Norrath" - the exciting new F2P game, available on Android and iOS, with Justin Bieber as spokesman, instead of Lien Neeson.
  19. Lilaeth Member

I assumed it was some kind of spam, and deleted it unread.
  20. Crafti New Member

like the logo don't like the zombie picture you see when you go to daybreak games scared my daughter like the double exp when we can get logged in to play and when servers aren't down for updates. and the rum campaign didn't soe do things called adventure packs or something which were the same thing but cost a lot less and also don't like how you pay loads for the merc crates and limited to a healer or dps but no tank merc and how they're limited to the character you buy it on and not account wide like mounts are on wow they're way overpriced for what they are imo. Sorry daybreak but with all this + a bad response i had from a GM to a ticket my really high rating of daybreak is rapidly going downhill