Introducing DaybreakGames.com

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Apr 27, 2015.

1. d1anaw Well-Known Member

Not really a fan of the logo. I would have expected something more in keeping with the name.
  2. Merriel Well-Known Member

Thank you for the info. Much appreciated. :)

I asked Dexella in my original post if this site belongs to them and she replied by saying it does. She also stated it will receive a new url soon. Hence why my question...why a new site? If this site belongs to them, there is no need to create a new site as we already have an existing site now. I think my question to be quite valid. :)
    Nazztee likes this.
  3. Merriel Well-Known Member

Omg, I absolutely HATE the new website. The homepage is MUCH too busy, too much social stuff that I will NEVER participate in, and that zombie is way too graphic.

I have grandchildren who visit me and the last thing in the world I want to do is open that homepage and have them see that zombie face.

Please...keep the home page simple.

Put the social media info stuff on a separate page for those who actually like that stuff, please. It doesn't need to be BAM, in my face when I first open up the website.

Thank you for hearing me out!

Edit: Ok I posted just a little too hastily...just thought I'd let you know, I do like the new logo, though. It's about the only thing I like. :D
    Lilaeth, Kittybock, Tkia and 4 others like this.
  4. Atan Well-Known Member

It is 100% crystal clear the CEO of Daybreak Games does not believe in this game anymore, couldn't possibly be more clear from his own statements.

I do believe though, they'll keep this thing churning as long as they can maintain a positive balance sheet.
    Kittybock, Losadunai, Alarra and 4 others like this.
  5. Xirena Member

Yeah, that zombie is larger than life and disgusting as all getout on my 23-inch widescreen. Does the photo truly need to be that enormous and hideous? Very much a turnoff, and I closed it without looking at anything else. Yuck.
    Lilaeth, Losadunai and Nazztee like this.
  6. Wintir Active Member

The owl eye logo is nice :) I like it. Maybe we can ask the "all seeing" Eye where you hid all the T11 foundations :p

Thanks for the double XP this week, too.
  7. Alarra Well-Known Member

I just read the write up on the link from Atan.
    Yeash, if they don't want to invest in this game further from a personal point of view, it doesn't bode well for the future of this game.

I find that a lot of CEO's have a foot in mouth issue, they say what they mean, and sometimes backpeddle.

I found the zombie not so shocking, just would not recommend it to people with small children. I will not be accessing the site while my 2 year old daughter is about.

When this game hits a certain threshold of pay to progress, I will leave the world of MMO's and focus on single player games/more real life stuff. This was my first and only MMO.

The logo looks like something I have seen before, couldn't say where. It seems very menacing to me.
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

Yeah... that was very disheartening to read. His comment about '45 minutes' also says that he thinks all games have less attention span then the average TV show watcher (60 min). This doesn't bode well for any engaging game-play in new games from Daybreak :(
    Apparently I and my friends and family are not 'today's gamers' even though we play games today.. since most of the time we play for more then an hr at a time...
  9. Bekkr Well-Known Member

It's... make-up.
    /boggle
  10. Malleria Well-Known Member

Daybreak Cash...

Must've come up with that one on a Friday afternoon :rolleyes:
  11. Awkk Well-Known Member

[IMG][IMG]

????
  12. Badwolfe Member

Just received an email titled "WTF is Happening at Daybreak?" I am not one bit impressed getting emails with a title like that. I had to come all the way to these forums just to see if it was a genuine email. So unprofessional and not something I would expect from a company.
    Lilaeth, Wintir, Sambril and 5 others like this.
  13. Breta Well-Known Member

14. flameweaver Well-Known Member

With you on this, but the statement that made me sit up in that interview was:

How many people do you still know that are still raiding in WoW every night, or EverQuest and EverQuest II?

If it's really that bad, why oh why do the devs focus almost entirely end game raiding content ? There's a huge disconnect somewhere between what Smed says he wants and what Windstalker is delivering. No wonder this game is in a mess. :confused:
  15. Wurm Well-Known Member

Just received an email...

Seriously? Since when is it sound business practice to use an acronym with a swear word in it?
    Wintir, Losadunai, Sejreia and 4 others like this.
  16. Breta Well-Known Member

I thought I saw the logo before.
    [IMG]
    Losadunai, Kuulei and Pipsissiwa like this.
  17. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

hummm pretty darn close....
    Pipsissiwa likes this.
  18. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I'd love to see where he gets his "stats". I know quite a few folks that raid all the time! Heck if he looked at his own forums he would see lots of serious raiders out there. And don't forget SWTOR. So he throws his cash cows under the bus? Interesting position. Meanwhile hoping his console planetside 2 will recoup the money spent on it. The PC game is none too healthy so it will be interesting to watch that one. All I can say is wow...thanks for the love there boss...:(
    Losadunai and HaphazardAllure like this.
  19. Xalo New Member

Worrying like that :

[IMG]

[IMG]
  20. Pipsissiwa Well-Known Member

The thing that amuses me is that if we use that abbreviation here in a post we risk a forum violation because it is inappropriate. nice double standards.

It is unprofessional to use it in a promotional email that way, it really turned me off - and I am far from a prude. I'm 43, female and I swear pretty much as punctuation in RL lol.
    Lilaeth, Wintir, Pantz and 3 others like this.