Into the spire problem...

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Reggie777, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Reggie777 Member

Does anyone else have this problem? I've released Awellie..(sp). from the binding stones, and have spoken with her. She transports me to Obulus. But the goblin that usually gives me the next quest in the line does not have a feather over his head. And the log still says I need to speak with Awellie..... I've tried three times already. And all with the same results. Am I missing something? I've already done the Tradeskill signature line, with 5 of my other toons. Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong with this one. Any suggestions would be gratefully accepted. Thanks.
  2. Eliziana Active Member

I had that happen on one of my characters. I seemed to fix it by going back to the spire and speaking to the Queen again, then when I returned to the beach the goblin was ready to talk to me, and my quest had updated.
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

There is a specific spot on the beach that you have to hit for the update. 99.999% of the time you land right on it so you get the update when Alwenielle teleports you in.

The rest of the time, folks are either running around on the beach to find the trigger, or they're going back to the spire and re-chatting with her.
  4. Reggie777 Member

I've been back to the spire three times, and spoken to Alwenielle three times. But the quest helper still says I should speak with her. And she keeps sending me to Obulus. Anyway, thanks for the input. I'll keep trying. And when I do get to Obulus, next time, I'll move around a little to see if I can hit the spot that triggers the quests. Thanks for all the suggestions.
    Niami DenMother likes this.
  5. Iglu Active Member

Can you speak goblish ?
  6. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Goblish is not required for the guys on the beach whatsoever, so that isn't what the problem is. It is the darn trigger from the Arcanna'se Spire to the beach below Twark that is the problem. It gets ... sticky ... for some folks, but not others.

Once you manage to trigger the beach quests, when you're sent up top, you'll need to know goblish. The quest "Requesting Blessing" checks to see if you know it, and if you don't, goblin territory markers become visible around Twark so you can finish the language quest as a non-combat crafter. But again, the spot where the OP is having issues is the trigger between "Into the Spire" and "Not Dead Yet".

(Quest names provided so if any dev wants to look into why this is causing a small grouping of players to have issues, they know what step is causing the issue.)
    Crastinal likes this.