Internet connection speeds

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by bardkin, Feb 16, 2017.

1. bardkin New Member

I did a couple searches and all I could find were issues pertaining to slow connection speeds.

I recently upgraded from 20mb DSL to fiber optic gigabit speed.
    (not through a phone or cable company. It's fiber all the way from my modem to anywhere in the world that the connection will take me)

Ever since I have had a lot of lag issues:
    If I fight off a mob, then loot it and start heading in a different direction, I suddenly take damage sometimes 2-3 times AFTER I have killed the opponent.

Likewise, when I use combat skills, they sometimes don't cause any damage yet the timer is still going. I have actually died fighting mobs that are several levels lower than I am, and once I died after the fight was over.

These issues can happen as much as 8-10 seconds after combat is over.

Other issues include long login times, long wait time going in and out of instances as well as crafting damage/failures.

Any way to know what the servers are using? I'd like to know where the bottleneck is happening at. Is it lag reversal? Is there some router tweaking I need to do?

I'm on an AMD A10 @3.4 Mhz, 8 GB ram Windows 10 64-bit system, 10/100/100 networking.
    I typically see 750+ Mb/s download, and 900+ Mb/s uploads. (In the fiber optic world, uploads are faster than downloads..)

My router is an Asus rt-AC66u and my gaming PC is physically attached with Cat6.

I know.. What a cool problem to have right?
  2. Finora Well-Known Member

I hate to say it, but if you were fine before switching internet providers, then suddenly developed problems associated with slow internet speeds, then it's probably a good bet something isn't right with your provider.