Interest Check - Faydwer Faire - AB Server

Discussion in 'Roleplaying' started by ARCHIVED-SkyheartSilverwing, Dec 29, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-SkyheartSilverwing Guest

Hi Gang, yes its that time starting up again when I get my fingers into the Festivals! So this is the first announcement for the Faydwer Faire where I'm looking for folks interested in helping out.

What is the Faydwer Faire people might ask? Well its a three day festival held in Kelethin to celebrate spring! This is actually a lore based event, because every spring in Kelethin they would have a Fair to celebrate the beginning of Spring. There was lots of singing and all that kind of stuff. This will be year Three for us putting it on as a Roleplay event. Its a good-neutral event, and as long as everyone at least pretends to behave everyone is welcome to come and have fun!

I plan on doing every other week meetings alternating Friday evenings with Sunday afternoons. You are not required to attend the meetings if you want to help out but you are highly encouraged to do so.

Typical Events for the Faydwer Faire

Bardic competition
    RP Dueling
    Candy/Dessert Eating Competition
    Flying competition
    Cooking Contest
    Eating Contest
    Wishing well
    Wayfinders (Which we hope will come again this year!)
    Hunting Contest
    Archery Contest
    High Dive

Any good-neutral guild is welcome to fly their colors and sponsor/run an event. Individuals are also welcome on their own to sponsor/run an event. You would make my day if you decided to come in and participate. New events are also welcome and encouraged!

I'm tentatively scheduling the first meeting for Friday January 20th at 9:30pm eastern/6:30pm Pacific.

Tentative dates for the Faire will be either March 17,18, 19 or March 30, 31st and April 1st. - I'm not scheduling an event like this on a day that falls on my Mom's birthday! Which is the weekend in between. I'm looking to have the bulk of the work planning it done by the end of February so the Festival of Unity can start planning soon too!

If you are interested but can't make meetings .. PM Me! We will need event hosts, heralds (event promoters), Volunteers to help run events and/or promote rps.
  2. ARCHIVED-Banedon_Toran Guest

Elements Guild (formerly Elements of Arcadia) will be very interested in helping run an event again, and I'm sure Warbler is looking for a chance to reclaim his 'Faydwer Faire Bard' title.
    So count us in, and we'll make a note to attend the planning meeting
  3. ARCHIVED-Arbreth Guest

Bring it on Warbler! Slipps will be there!