Intercepting damage

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Zenji, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Zenji Well-Known Member

Any fighters out there able to shine some light on how the damage you take from using Intercept on another tank can be mitigated?
    Does my Intercept targets defensive temps. lower the damage I take from intercept?
    Does my mitigation/resistances/avoidance impact how much damage I take from intercepting?

I play on the Fallen Gate TLE server, so not many defensive temps. are available. So trying to use what I can to help reduce the damage on the MT/OT (I play a bruiser).
  2. Jaxxan D'Arkon New Member

I know that when you're doing a progression mob, and you're not the main tank, and you intercept the main tank, you usually die if your healers aren't ready (=
  3. Sounson Active Member

Unless you're a monk, then your intercept is 24% damage reduction to the other tank with no shifted damage to yourself + free reflect damage! #monklivesmatter #fixsharedcalmrune
    Ansom likes this.
  4. Zenji Well-Known Member

None of that applies to me since I am on the TLE Fallen Gate server.
  5. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Not much, you can't mitigate it because you're intercepting someone elses damage that has already gone through their mitigation. The only option is to use stoneskins but inner focus isn't available to brawlers until TSO. So at the moment unless you are pre-warded by a shaman or have enough HP to live through the hit you will die.
  6. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I've always wondered if those stack, because if you stand like outside of the intercept range the damage reduction sits there forever. If they stack just stack like 3-4 monks and never take any damage.
  7. Lemons New Member

They did briefly when the epic buffs came out but sense has been fixed and only the highest level one works.
  8. Naneeje Well-Known Member

Remember that this is a good thing!
    You dying instead of the main tank dying is the point of it. You have time to rebuff whereas your tank needs to be focused on keeping the mob. Great job if you do die!
  9. Naneeje Well-Known Member

On regular servers, when you raid, cast faith, and then intercept, and watch your dps skyrocket :)
  10. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

No, why would a monk kill himself and then have a tank without his avoidance buff on them?
  11. Furycai Member

Al
    Forgive my ignorance, what is Faith?