Intended or Bug? Blinding 2 has no shadow harvest nodes

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Semperfifofum, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

After the PQ I ended up in Blinding 2 with two other people. I was like, great time to go shadow harvesting!!! But, no nodes. :eek:

Maybe it's anti exploit, or it's just a bug. Does anyone know?
  2. Melkior Well-Known Member

As far as I know, a newly spawned zone won't have any shadowed nodes to start. Every normal node you harvest is supposed to have a chance to spawn a shadowed. So I'd try harvesting for a half hour or so then try to shadow harvest.
    Breanna and Semperfifofum like this.
  3. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Ah that explains it. I did find one, and it was on the edge of the map so I thought, hmm, maybe there's a suppression area and that piece was missed. Very interesting.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

Also, shadowed nodes De-Pop after 30 minutes (because reasons). So if nobody has been harvesting within the last 30 minutes, there won't be any shadow nodes, even if the zone is days old.
    Breanna, Melkior and Semperfifofum like this.
  5. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Oh that's why Mum was saying to harvest normally first. On Test, that's essential info ;) And why people say the Blinding is much better for shadow harvesting I guess more people harvest there.
    Breanna and Mermut like this.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

It's also better for shadow harvesting because there are much large swathes of non-aggro harvesting locations
    Breanna and Semperfifofum like this.