Instant Death Reprise

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by dorotea, Dec 3, 2021.

1. dorotea Well-Known Member

This was flagged as not a bug when reported by someone else and, quite reasonably, advice was given to use the free VoV gear. I hit the same problem once - a character simply died whenever attacked by anything - powerful mob or trash. It was not at all like what happened when I went in with old gear - it was instant death to any mob. This happened when I had the VoV gear equipped.

I tried to replicate it and couldn't so I assumed that it was simply an odd problem with one character's transition from live to beta and never reported it. Perhaps a mistake but this was right near the end of beta and it seemed a one-off since the same character transferred to beta had no problems an hour later when it arrived and did exactly the same things. I post this because the other player's report feels like the same issue and not a question of overlooking the free gear. When I didn't use the free gear I was *never* one shot or even two-shot or three-shot by trash.
  2. Bludd Well-Known Member

what does the log say?
  3. dorotea Well-Known Member

As I recall it said that such and such mob hit me for a specified amount of damage which shouldn't have been enough to kill me. Since previous ports to beta had not had this problem and I intended to transfer the same character over to see if it was a real bug or just a transfer issue I didn't keep a note of the details. Had any later character had a problem I would have bugged it then but we were right at the end of beta and I couldn't replicate it so I didn't. But with others reporting it I assume that it really was a bug not a beta transfer issue that is of no importance with beta over.
  4. Thatdarncat Active Member

I was posting about this in the General forum while I gathered more data. Here's what I wrote there:

" Whatever the problem is, it's not just in the new expansion. I took my Berserker to Echo Caverns and then The Blinding. Mobs that couldn't touch him before now kill him instantly.

In the free armor from the VoV box, fully self-buffed, he has 992,827,858 HPs.

Here's what he's being hit for:

Sand Rock Lizard , Svarni Expanse - 9,293,912,700
    Swamp Needler, Svarni Expanse - 4,215,656,200
    Rock Growler, Echo Caverns - 5,973,298,500
    Enormous Rhino Beetle, The Blinding - 2,947,716,400

I'm pretty sure trash mobs from the opening zone of expansions from last year and the year before that shouldn't be hitting for an order of magnitude more than the full HPs of a plate class in defensive stance wearing the starting gear from this year's expansion . I've never paid much attention to the mechanics before, so i don't know if they always hit for vast amounts and then our characters mitigate it down to manageable levels or whether these are just crazy numbers. They do look crazy!

He did not have this issue when I first started questing in VoV, even when he was wearing the Hua gear from this year's panda quests, or when I first swapped into the VoV stuff. It didn't start happening until I came back after having logged out for a couple of hours."

Since then I've taken my Necro to VoV and put her into all the same gear from the Tishan's box. She is having none of the same problems. The same sand lizard that hit the Berserker for over 9 billion hps only hits the necro for 23,637,282, an easily sustainable number against her 183,984,033. I have logged her out, left her for half an hour and then logged in again she's still fine.

Clearly there is something happening to the Berserker that isn't happening to the Necro.
  5. Cocosu New Member

i have the same problem on my SK
  6. o0lonewolf0o New Member

Getting the same issue, reoported it twice. I was able to kill some easy locusts in a quest last night. After finishing the quest I went back to test it out. They killed me instantly. I'm finding this issue with everything now and on very easy mobs. Even to gators are killing me instantly. I can't even play at this point, it's useless.
  7. Cocosu New Member

I went back and switched out to Panda Gear seems fine, im movine adorns one by one over to it from lock box gear too see what happens
  8. o0lonewolf0o New Member

yep, gear issue. I went back to my old gear and removed the VoV gear. No problem with my old gear.
  9. Cocosu New Member

Its specicfic too at least on me staff of stratagem, I can use every other piece of box gear fine as soon as i put it on boom i get clobbed, two hand axe is fine, sword and shield is fine
  10. o0lonewolf0o New Member

You're right. The VoV gear is fine, just the weapons are the problem. Thanks for saving my day!
  11. Cocosu New Member

I think it may be weapon VS class, Im using the staff on my monk no problem, on my SK its the only one that does it
  12. Thatdarncat Active Member

Thanks to everyone who worked out exactly what the issue is. My Berserker was indeed using the staff and after I swapped it out for the one-handed axe and the shield the problem went away. Luckily, when I benched my 'zerker after the last time I posted and moved to playing my Necro instead I didn't give her the staff so I've been happily leveling her and doing the Sig line with no trouble at all.

Other than this one issue, it seems like a very nice expansion so far!
  13. Cocosu New Member

Master Crafted Dreadfell Staff of Stratagem has the same effect on and SK