Instances With Respawns?

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Coladar, Mar 10, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Coladar Guest

I returned to the game recently after a couple year abscence and am at a point now where I want to grind AA's in my mid-70s with a group of four friends before we hit SF content. And while there are a couple dungeons to grind at that point, I was curious if anyone had a list of instances that respawn? For example, Firemyst Gulley and Cazel's Mesa are two that come to mind. Do these types of zones even continue to exist post DoF, or is it a thing of the past toward linear, clear once and done instances that seem so prevalent? Like I said, shared dungeons are probably what we'll end up doing, but I was just curious if there are any higher level respawning instances anymore, and what they are. Thanks in advance!

Coladar
  2. ARCHIVED-Arastir Guest

With the amount of quests in the game, it's not necessary to grind camp a dungeon. Get your quests for a zone, do them and move on. If you find that your AA is not moving how you'd like, hit L and move the slider.
  3. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

the answer is no. RoK/EoF/TSO instances all once they are dead, they are dead...and in SF too, once things die, they die. there are however a few specific missions, that spawn mobs in the zone that do respawn, but they are few and far between and there not many. usually it's like if you need 7 mobs, there's 7 in the zone, but they respawn.
  4. ARCHIVED-MurFalad Guest

As Rainmare said mobs don't respawn in instances, if you want that sort of thing then head to a shared dungeon (mistmoore castle sounds just perfect for you since last time I went there the mobs respawned so fast we were wading through them on the way back!).
    And I definitely would also recommend not grinding, there is just too much to do in EQ2 to ever require you to grind the same mobs endlessly, hitting a fresh new zone will get you more named kill AA and discovery AA, and lots of new and interesting ways to die :)
  5. ARCHIVED-MarkOrganon Guest

You could try Befallen: Cavern of the Afflicted - the damn skellies in there respawn over and over as fast as you can kill them until you kill the Maledictive Terror.
  6. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

Ravasects in the Den respawn.
  7. ARCHIVED-Coladar Guest

Befallen was exactly the type of thing I was thinking of, so there are at least a select few instances that respawn. Thanks, much appreciated.

And yeah, I do realize it's probably slower to grind, and I certainly make a point to kill all named/get discovery while running a dungeon/instance. But it seems the quickest/most popular way for AA are quests, and as an old-school EQer I just can't bring myself to spent 80% of the time running from NPC A to B to C. I'm used to the days of camping in one room and non-stop pulls, and do plan to go back and chronomage most of the quality quests I missed. But for leveling up something as massive as 100-150+ AAs, I'm just too used to grinding/dungeon runs to change my ways. Thanks again for the help answering my question.
  8. ARCHIVED-hortefoutre Guest

Vastidy 3 repops too, and quite close to the evac/entry point, but you can run and they leave you as long as you killed the 1st and may be second Boss.

Doing some afk after a wipe or and evac is quite not reasonnable.
  9. ARCHIVED-JesDer Guest

Odys@Storms wrote:
    I was thinking about this one yesterday as well. They are 95^^^ ? with really low HP and a fast respawn.. Should give decent XP grinidng them.
  10. ARCHIVED-DarkDragonVvvV Guest

Befallen seems like a good grind spot due to respawns, but the xp in the instances in TSO/SF is very low, you'd make more going to an open dungeon such as Karnors, seblis or chardok.

However, another respawning zone is COA in seblis, the skeletons/romers respawn.

[IMG]
  11. ARCHIVED-Coladar Guest

I just thought I'd add to my own thread. I just finished running Nek3, and it has a very limited number of hallway roamers that respawn as well.
  12. ARCHIVED-vexation Guest

One of the Guks does too (can never remember which is which) - think it's Guk: Halls where they follow an exact path and continally respawn (before the named where if you kill any of his adds, they do a big aoe)
  13. ARCHIVED-Detor Guest

vexation wrote:
    Guk: Halls of the Fallen. Like everybody else says though it's far better experience to work through a dungeon (or heck even sit at a specific name in a dungeon) than to do anything in an instance.

When you hit 80 start doing battlegrounds. You'll end up with loot that's better than the legendary stuff from the hardest instances, and with the experience they give they are one of the fastest ways to level up as well.
  14. ARCHIVED-eqaddictedfool Guest

can do chelsith and kill the blobs from the deep one
  15. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

I can't think of a single instance that would spawn fast enough to give a good grind, aside from Befallen: Caverns.
    There are a few instances with respawns, but nothing fast.
    Unlike EQ1, where a single mob could actually move your XP bar, it takes many mobs to do so here.
  16. ARCHIVED-Harowen Guest

Mentor to 55 and go to Clefts of Rujark, pull 20-40 mobs at a time. Clear top floor, go down 1 floor and clear it, go back up and clear it, etc. Do both the instances as well.