Instance AA and Gear suggestions

Discussion in 'Guardian' started by ARCHIVED-asthra, Nov 6, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-asthra Guest

Returning guardian, in all honesty the last time I consistantly tanked on my guardian was ROK, roflmao attempted to in TSO but enjoyed my ranger more. I'm lvl 87 with some legendary gear for when she tops off to 90. Currently she's has 187 AA. I dont really wish to raid tank at this time so i'm looking for single group AA specs and any suggested items. I've trolled through the class forums here as well as Flames, but holy crap i have no clue what's relevant anymore or not. I would appreciate any assistance
  2. ARCHIVED-Emlar_from_Halas Guest

For instances, unless you plan to restrict to buddies groupe where one is a dirge/coercer, you need to maximise 2 things:
    • Dps
    • Hate
    The most important AA for hate is Improved Moderation (after spending 70 AAs in Guardian Tree), which reduces your group hate generation by 25%. That alone would probably not be enough, therefore I sugest a few AAs in Executioner Anger (Sta line from Fighter tree).
    From a dps point of view, your target is : Take as much as you can from Fighter tree.
    Depending on your gear level, you may have to take some Weapon Expertise AA (sta line also) for up to 22% crit chance.
    Of course, 10 points in Dragoon Cyclones for max AE auto attack and Relentless Assault (Int endline in Fighter Tree) to minimize recast.
    Plant has been changed and provides a very helpfull tool in instances. But spending AAs in it in worthless from my point of view.
    Stick with the zerk approach, but don't expect to reach a zerk dmg output, you would be pretty badly disappointed
    With less than 220 AAs, you gonna have to make some tough choices. Work on your AAs :)