Insta-Level 85 (280 AA?) (Heroic Characters)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Daray, Aug 3, 2013.

1. d1anaw Well-Known Member

[I remember thinking that level 1-70 was long road...even 1-50...but seriously, I am quite sure they are losing potential players by having them getting bored with lack of groups in the level 1-89 range. I've just played up a zerker to level 87 so far and it has been a long and lonely road. Even with guild members coming to help me out every now and then. Though I am pretty sure if the clock turned back to a few years ago I would not be even level 40 by now, but that road didn't seem so long since I always had groups.

Though to be honest, I think the level 85-90 road is going to be the longest one of all...a lot of these dungeons are hard to do with a merc. Well, parts of them. Like the black smith in Runnyeye the gathering for example will summon hammers and even with poping every AoE attack and encounter taunt I cannot get them off of my Merc...plus then there are too many mobs so Stamper will just sit there and be afraid. I think stopping that would be enough make level 85-90 road shorter and less worrisome...and would do a lot for the level 1-85 road too.

People who are easily bored are going to be bored no matter what you do. It's no different than the ones who constantly complain about everything, even when what was done was exactly what they asked to be done. Sure there are zones that I hate doing on my alts because I hate the zone for whatever reason. But people get bored because they have nothing better to do in their lives. Some of them spend almost their entire life playing games. You are never going to appease or appeal to these people. And some just like to complain for the sake of complaining. Like merc, sc, or anything else in the game, you, the individual have the option to use or ignore any feature. I hate the way they've done the tradeskill apprentices. So in spite of the fact that I do a lot of tradeskiling, I've chosen not to use the apprentices. Others apparently love them, but it has zero impact on my game. So if I choose go through a zone with a merc or buy sc, that's my choice. It's my time, my money and my game. And maybe those who are so bored after 10 mins of anything new should find a life.
    Violin likes this.
  2. Elestria Member

The big question will you to be able to get 1 free heroic level 85 per account?

Will more then 1 be free, 2nd, 3rd,4th etc or will you have to buy them?

I would do this anyway cause I have been playing since alpha and still want to get some of mine in the 20-30s to level 85 then 95.

I am all for this even if its 1 free or few free or many or if its 1 free and we have to buy the rest.

I see players all the time in the game selling power leveling this would help get them more out of that.
  3. Elestria Member

I want to know if there will be heroic 85 crafters as well?
    Feara likes this.
  4. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Not likely. Such a thing just isn't necessary. It's much easier to raise crafters than adventurers.
  5. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I'm curious if the Heroic characters will come with the quested languages. Imagine a newbie's confusion when people say to do the quests at Fort Ry'Gorr, and the quest giver won't talk.
    Feldon and Kraeref like this.
  6. Kraeref Well-Known Member

It's not really a"worked for" concept especially when we talk about vets it's rather how long "paid for supporting this game" concept.
    Feara likes this.
  7. Vagrant Storm Active Member

Heh, speak for your self. I can't craft for more than 30 minutes without getting sleepy. If I could have the option to insta level trade skills to level 85 over adventure level there would be no decision to make. Perhaps if they made crafting dangerous again I might get a little excited but it...my first death in EQ2 was at the hands of the Forge, but it was rather silly that a friend of mine died while making a cup of coffee.
    Feldon likes this.
  8. Ealthina Member

I will ONLY support Insta-toons once said players has leveled a toon to 90 by him or her self... The idea of somebody who just bought the game and can then pop on to an 85 makes me want to punch a kitten.
    Feldon, Gash and Ajjantis like this.
  9. Deveryn Well-Known Member

The crafting game doesn't really change from 1-95. You make things a bit faster, but it will still induce sleep if you already have that tendency. Besides, there are plenty of crafters out there already who you could buy goods from.
  10. Feara Well-Known Member

This is true but its still a grind. I think someone new zapping in is not gonna wanna grind tradeskill when they have all this new obtainable end game content to drown in.
  11. Rotherian Well-Known Member

It would have made perfect sense, however, if that friend died while drinking the cup of coffee*. :eek:
    _____________________________________________________________________________

Regardless, I guess we will have to wait until it goes to Beta before we can really tell if this is going to be a good or a bad thing***.

* Especially if that cup of coffee happened to be made by me**. :oops:
    ** It isn't that my coffee is poisonous, it is just that it is so strong that it requires a System Shock check. :p
    *** Not that I expect those that normally start prophesying the end of the game with every announced change to wait until we actually see what those changes are before they begin their usual routine. ;)
    Alenna likes this.
  12. Deveryn Well-Known Member

They don't have to grind through tradeskills. As I mentioned earlier, there are plenty of people out there to fill any crafting needs.

Instant 85 adventurers are about promoting more social interaction by putting people closer to where the action is. Instant 85 crafters pretty much do the opposite because when you're self-sufficient, you don't need to talk to anyone else about anything.

Making these instant crafters 85 would be silly anyway. They may as well be 95 since there's absolutely nothing to learn between 85 and 95.
  13. Mermut Well-Known Member

Especially since if your adventure lvl is 85, there is zero incentive to start TSing at because it will take so long to get your TS level up to a level that is useful for your character. If they're going to 'insta level' adventure, TS should be included (at least optionally) as well.
  14. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I was reminded of a killer coffee discussion I had once before. I brought up the point that those commercial espresso machines are capable of doing some damage.

I submit to you, Exhibit A :eek:
  15. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Did he happen to be using a pressure cooker to boil the water? :D
  16. Vagrant Storm Active Member

heh it was in game. He died while trying to make coffee and had the stove crit him for failing to do a react. They used to do some real damage
  17. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I know. Some of those stoves ingame have some fancy fixtures, so I was thinking pressure cooker one might explain.
  18. Ahupu Well-Known Member

Dang gnomish stoves :D
  19. Atan Well-Known Member

Not me, I look forward to puging with said player a week later instead of a month later.
  20. Rotherian Well-Known Member

[IMG]

:D
    Alenna and Arielle Nightshade like this.