Insanely slow zoning or not at all

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Avithax, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Avithax Well-Known Member

What is up with the incredible delay with zoning now? Anyone have any info on why it either takes forever or doesn't zone at all?
  2. Arcturys Member

Yeah, the "receiving zone info" phase of zoning is getting ridiculous again - as much as 10 minutes long that I've seen so far. It's a hardware issue on SOE's side, and is related to having a large number of people logging in and playing all at the same time. They addressed it once a couple years during a really bad Erollisi Day event when RZI was running up to 30 minutes or longer. That was just insane.

The "waiting for zone server" hangs are getting ridiculous too. Happening far more than usual (which was already more than it should be). Forces me to completely restart the game.

Occasionally I'm getting kicked out while zoning or while switching characters and it tells me the server is down at the character screen, even when it's not. That also forces me to completely restart the game.

EDIT: Speak of the devil. I was checking out the forums while waiting on a particularly long RZI. I heard my character enter his house, so I switched back over. 30 seconds later it kicks me out to character select and says the server is down... yet again...
  3. Ladymist Well-Known Member

Reminds me when Freeport first went live. You sat and watched little dragon stroll along...now its just a black screen and hold onto your boots haha
  4. Faelynn Active Member

Yep... I'm gettin the long zones too. Called to GH from eidelon... 5 minutes. Called to Qeynos from the GH... another 3 minutes.
  5. eq2Liaya Member

ya this is just stupid every time i zone crash rcv zone info
  6. Mohee Active Member

10 minutes on receiving zone info... still not zoning.... /sigh
  7. IkseLent New Member

Is it just Freeport again? Or is everyone experiencing this?

Either way, ten minute zone times are absurd. It'd be nice to at least see some kind of recognition of the issue.
  8. StoneLegion Active Member

Wow 10min? Nothing like that here on AB or not yet for me. Sometimes I get slow zone times but only related to UI loading hehe. Either way the devs will see this and probably already monitoring the situation.
  9. Kalderon Well-Known Member

dont kill me for that, but on valor i zone in around 10 seks oO
    i just wonder oO (we do have much less peeps for sure ^^)
  10. Slydog New Member

I usually give up and use the ol' "three-finger-salute" after about a minute, and when I log back in to the game I'm in the new zone. If I just try to reload a toon from the character select screen, I'm told that I still have a character in the game; exiting all the way out is the fastest solution. I find most of the crashes occur when I try to zone into my house, or into a location I haven't been to before.