Insane health on character

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Sweett, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Sweett New Member

Just coming back after 9 months. I see players with really high heath. My health is on at 5 million. I have very good armor. Is it the reforging that’s bringing up their health. Also their stamina is always in the read. What am I doing wrong?
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  2. Shmogre Well-Known Member

What level are you and do you have KA gear yet? Health, potency, and other stats took a huge jump with KA, so the stats can look a bit bonkers if you haven't reset your brain for them.
    Prissetta likes this.
  3. Nero Active Member

Its a combination of infusing, the new purple set adorns, certain armor pieces with large HP bonuses (my helm, ring, ear along with the white and orange adorns that you acquire running he PGs.
    Sweett, Prissetta and Shmogre like this.
  4. Bhayar Well-Known Member

It's also the "divine diety" points that can be put into stamina as well. Many returning players are completely unaware of the Divine Diety: CB, Pot, and Stam that is available at 100. One of my first conversations with new players is about this feature and most are completely unaware of it. Check yours by opening up your EQII icon, scrolling down to deity and opening it. You can only have 10 points accumulate before you have to spend it. It doesn't continue to accumulate until it's spent.
    Sweett likes this.
  5. Sweett New Member

I have never run OG. Will start today. Thanks!!!
  6. Sweett New Member

You are so right. I never knew! Thanks!
  7. maxximum Active Member

Stuff like deity will make a tiny bit of difference to HP. The simple answer to your question is gear and adorns.
  8. Melt Actually plays the game

Ehh, most of your hp comes from enhanced vigor, which is directly affected by your potency tithe.
  9. GuMeshow Member

If you are just coming back, make sure to run the Days of Summer quest line so you can get the nice stuff off the panda merchant...

High Health is a combination of high STA, +Health, %Health and like Snikkety said, Enhanced Vigor is huge when you get Pot up (and CB capped). These stats all affect each other to form your total Health pool ... STA is the base, +Health adds to the total before %Health and Enhanced Vigor gives you more %Health based on your Pot+CB.

So for getting really high STA, Plat Infuse your gear and item infuse your gear (they are separate layers) and slap on a Bolstered Attributes. It is expensive to plat infuse at first and at the start of an xpac but once you get the ball rolling, only have to do it on upgrades.

The biggest boosts to %Health come from (in kinda descending order) :
    - In the Prestige (class) tree - 8 points in Enhanced Vigor (the higher your Pot+CB, the more % you get).
    - 2 PG adorns Rune of Glory [IV] and Rune of Championship [IV] (200% each).
    - The Rune of the Celestial you can get after getting your Epic 2.0 (100%).
    - The purple rune set Pingyuan Diqu (25% + 250 000 Health).
    - Armor pieces with Mit / Block always have %Health (Chest, Forearms and legs always have %Health regardless).
    - Green adorns like Et'Kalysh, and white adorns from PG Proven Adornment of Nerve (I only use 1 or 2 on non-fighter characters I plan on bringing to a raid zone).
    - Some other AAs might give you a little bit, relative to your total.
    - Divine STA is tiny at 1% per point but the 1st 10 are easy enough to get until november 28th.

You can see your total %Health and how much base Health you have by putting your mouse over your health in your character window (my Troub is around 1100%, 5% more makes no tangible difference at that point). Note that you have to check in game, websites can't pull the real value.

+Health mostly comes naturally on gear and the baseline is higher for better tiers, some items with really high Health are either out of reach for you right now or have garbage stats other then the high +Health. You want to ignore this stat when choosing gear and go for highest Pot regardless of +Health (or Resolve to some extent) so you don't handicap yourself. (had to rephrase because some common slang being filtered).

Next xpac has better itemization that wont mislead people like KA gear does and even gives you a gear pack that is better then raid gear bellow T4. This week is double currency so grinding PGs for the 4 orange adorns is probably the best thing you can do right now. =.=
    Fairin and Shmogre like this.
  10. Vunder Well-Known Member

Like GuMeshow said.

This week...focus on grinding PG...nothing else matters at this point
  11. Odenor New Member

In GuMeshow's list (very helpful by the way), what about the white +health% adorns from PG? At level 1, they are only 10 coins each, and 10 of them make over 100% health boost. Or do people always have better things to do with white slots?
  12. Fairin Active Member

never enough hp >: ) other posts nailed it all, the end.
    The_Real_Wurm likes this.
  13. Anunnaki Active Member

This. With good gear you end up getting like 400-500% max health from this AA alone.
  14. Melt Actually plays the game

a 10% hp increase vs 290% potency before bonuses
  15. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

I'm at 47 million self buffed on beta and I like it...
  16. Nero Active Member

Having a hard time coming up with your numbers....

Lvl 1 Nerve adorns give out 12.2% Max Health
    The crafted potency adorn from BETA gives 109.8% potency... and those aren't even in game yet. The PG lvl 1 gives 28.8%.
  17. Melt Actually plays the game

28.8% is approximately 29%. He was talking about having 10 PG whites, so that is either 120.2% hp, which at 30k potency is realistically a 10% hp boost, and 10 potency adorns, which would give you 290% potency before being multiplied by potency bonuses. I see that I wasn't clear in my original post.
  18. Rougez Active Member

Which would equate to maybe 600 potency when most people have 50k+. As a T1 dps I'll still go with HP% over Pot% as I can do more damage alive than dead.
  19. Fairin Active Member

your forgetting the panda whites take up the pg potency slots, so realistically you can only wear 2 pg potencys if i remember correctly since fervor is king.
  20. Steelviper Active Member

You can wear the Proving Grounds white adorns not only in armor, but also in earrings, rings, wrists and I think neck as well. And in primary / secondary / ranged weapons too. That is lot more pg adorns than just 2.