Inquisitor's Prestige Smite Heretic worse than the spell its replacing

Discussion in 'Inquisitor' started by ARCHIVED-nisbit, Apr 17, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-The_Cheeseman Guest

Bear in mind that Smite Heretic has a significantly longer reuse time than Repentance, even with Heretic's Doom resetting it fairly often. Also, while the encounters in Skyshrine are mostly groups of 3 or more, they also have about 5 HP each, and were getting killed pretty fast, often before they had the chance to attack too many times.
    Overall, while it may not be doing exactly what is advertised, the performance of the spell as shown in the parse I posted seems to be quite good, considering it only cost 1 prestige point. I wouldn't expect it to suddenly become our highest-damage spell, and the fact that it was able to beat Vengeance is good enough for me.
  2. ARCHIVED-gatrm Guest

Ok, so the important question....Is it doing enough to justify taking it instead of the pot---->CB conversion end ability on the left side? Seems to me the 1.1k dps you got from the ability really isn't enough to justify taking it over the CB.
  3. ARCHIVED-The_Cheeseman Guest

Well, bear in mind that my inquisitor is only an alt, and isn't well-equipped. How much DPS the ability does will vary wildly based on how much overall DPS your character can generate. Personally, I think it's a useful spell, but then I find plain stat conversions boring, and usually choose more active prestige choices, regardless of their relative effectiveness. I just have more fun with a new spell as opposed to some amount of a passive stat bonus.
  4. ARCHIVED-Vidar64 Guest

Based on the tooltips, Heretical Smite does about 1% less damage than the expert version of Heresy IV. Based on combat experience, Heretical Smite is much better than Heresy due to it actually proccing on a regular basis. Of course it works best when cast early in the fight on a multiple mob encounter.
    The only complaint I have about Heretical Smite is it seems to have a fairly high rate of being resisted. But even with the resists, its usually number 2 or 3 on my zone wide raid parses due to all the muliple mob trash encounters.
  5. ARCHIVED-KCD97 Guest

Ok. Lets revisit this. This ability is NOT working as intended in two ways. One, it just does not proc like it should. Period. Two, Inquisitor Tree AA Enhance : Heresy also does not add to this ability, when every other class who has a similar "replacement" spell gets full benefit from the enhancement AA.
    This ability should "proc" EXACTLY like Repentence, given the tooltip.
    Our other "Prestige" line is utter garbage, sans the endline--which should be switched to the DPS right side tree anyways.