Inquisitor's Prestige Smite Heretic worse than the spell its replacing

Discussion in 'Inquisitor' started by ARCHIVED-nisbit, Apr 17, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-nisbit Guest

As the title says, is this an error?
  2. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

You'd get farther by explaining or showing examples of what is wrong. Or gasp, suggesting how to fix it.
  3. ARCHIVED-nisbit Guest

So I'm a newb at posting pics to the web. Both the AA and spell match exactly except for the damage component which is:
    Smite Heretic (Rank 1): Inflicts 4440-7245 divine damage
    Heresy (Master): Inflicts 4639-7576 divine damage
  4. ARCHIVED-manbearpig Guest

the prestige ability procs off all attacks, not just spell attacks
  5. ARCHIVED-Hardain Guest

Still it should do more damage.
  6. ARCHIVED-Spincatt Guest

It'll be going off more than the old one did. That equals more heals from aa and more dmg than before when it was usable on just casters. I guess that's just the tradeoff for utility.
  7. ARCHIVED-Encien Guest

This spell is still junk imo. Spec'ed into and played in the new group zones as well as the contested for 6 hours yesterday and it triggered a total of 4 times. I say fix it so it triggers more or replace it with something that works.
  8. ARCHIVED-KCD97 Guest

This ability still rarely triggers. Not to mention the AA buff to the original spell in the Inquisitor tree does not affect its damage like it should. Can we get this looked at and fixed ? It makes the right side Prestige abilities pretty worthless.
  9. ARCHIVED-Malleria Guest

manbearpig wrote:
    If this were true, yea, it'd be great.
    Currently it is not procing off of 'all attacks' as it should. Best estimates are that it simply works as Heresy does, and is only triggering on spell casts. Completely useless in its current form.
  10. ARCHIVED-Eskol Guest

I didn't see this before I posted a moment ago. I personally think Heresy is broken...I've been watching it for days and I can't get it to proc. I don't have the Prestige Abilities yet, but if it still counts as a punishment (for the little bit of healing) and procs on every hit...it's gotta be better than Heresy.
  11. ARCHIVED-The_Cheeseman Guest

Just wanted to say that I got this ability on my Inquisitor last night, and it was working exactly as described. It was triggering consistently on the MOBs in Chelsith that I was using to grind out my last few prestige points. It also does proc punishment heals like Vengence and Repentance do. Seems like it will be an excellent addition to my DPS rotation, especially as a replacement for Heresy, which has just never worked at all.
  12. ARCHIVED-Tekadeo Guest

Maybe it only procs off T8 mobs? Gotta say the people saying it isn't proc'ing off current-tier content is more condemning then your example of it actually working in Chelsith...
  13. ARCHIVED-The_Cheeseman Guest

It is quite possible that there is something different about how current-tier MOBs are designed that makes it less effective. I have yet to actually test it against recent content, but just thought I'd let people know that it does work, at least in some circumstances.
  14. ARCHIVED-Wraths Guest

Posted about this in the inq feedback. It has to be broken as the current tooltip reads the same as repentance. I cast it every time it was up and it was the primary cast for pulling mobs.
    It proced 12 times in 08:42 of fighting. Repentance, which was cast AFTER smite heretic each time proced 87 times. Average proc rate, 43.5 seconds for EACH proc of damage from Heretic. Every 6 seconds for Repentance.
  15. ARCHIVED-The_Cheeseman Guest

I tested this ability in contested Skyshrine today, and it's working great. It actually parsed just above Vengeance on my zonewide.
    You are aware that when checking your logs, you need to look for "Heretical Smite" not "Smite Heretic", right? You'll only see "Smite Heretic" listed a few times here or there (whenever the spell is resisted), the actual damage effect is the "Heretical Smite" proc. You can't always trust spell timer window trigger counts, because it tracks the triggers separately for each MOB affected.
  16. ARCHIVED-agovu Guest

The_Cheeseman wrote:
    It is not working. I've checked ZW after raids/heroics and rarely see anything more than 4 triggers accross a zone for Heretical Smite. I've never seen the maintenance window one go below the 3/6 trigger.
    It's broken, fix it considering out other AA is doody.
    Heres a Convenant Run, 143 Triggers from Repenting, 2 from Heretical Strike (both on Mirrakar). I spammed Smite Heretic for the purpose of getting this in ACT.. it simply DOES NOT go off as intended.

[IMG]
  17. ARCHIVED-The_Cheeseman Guest

I don't know if you posted the wrong logs or what, but you don't seem to be using Smite Heretic on that combat log. I am seeing two triggers of "Heretical Strike" which is the damage proc from the old ability, Heresy, which shares the same timer with Smite Heretic and is therefore mutually exclusive. You are aware that putting a point into Smite Heretic gives you a new ability in your knowledge book with which you need to replace Heresy on your hotbars, correct? Smite Heretic is not an upgrade to Heresy, it is a totally separate ability.
  18. ARCHIVED-agovu Guest

The_Cheeseman wrote:
    Would you care to post some logs of the trigger, I cut off the picture where the damage ended. Smite Heretic had a total of 0 Hits, 2 Misses, nothing else.
  19. ARCHIVED-The_Cheeseman Guest

Sure, here is the log of the Contested Skyshrine run I was referring to earlier. Please excuse my Inquisitor alt's gimpiness:
    [IMG]
    You'll notice that "Heretical Smite" hit 93 times in only 37 encounters (I didn't include the graph, but it was 3% of my overall DPS), and that "Smite Heretic" showed up 4 times due to being resisted.
  20. ARCHIVED-Wraths Guest

The_Cheeseman wrote:
    You will also notice that "Repenting Strike" hit MORE times, even though it is a single target only spell with the same amount of triggers. (119-109). Vengence proced an amazing 181 times. For contested skyshrine which 4/5ths consist of 3 group encounters, your "Heretical Smite" should have 9 triggers per enouncter, without the AAs doubling it. IF working correctly, it would have smoked both those in trigger amounts.

Edit to add that Heretical Smite should proc of any combat action (aka auto attacks) so should only be on the mobs for about 10 seconds total.