Inquisitor's epic 2.0 buffs.

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Beyoncia, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

This is just ridiculous!

Seriously? Our 30 autoattack multiplier versus 20 fervor and group ward for Templar?

Combat mitigation debuff versus pasive deathsave?

So you are basically telling us that Inquisitor should just stand and spam two buttons: Prestige hp buff every 3 second and cm debuff every 9? No wonder there are only defilers and templars around.
    -Soteria- likes this.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

With auto-attack being essentially useless, they really gave an auto-attack multiplier as an epic 2.0 buff? o_O
    -Soteria- likes this.
  3. Lemilla Active Member

Autoattack is not useless if you include those buffs. Base autoattack multiplier is seperate from DPS mod and base weapon damage bonus. Most classes are at 1, while some can go to around 1.3 with AA. Adding 15 (or 30 for the inquisitor) is huge.

Duration of the debuff is 26 seconds, so no need to spam it every 9.

That said, Templar do seem to get the best buffs out of all priests.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

Auto-attack is doing 2% MAX damage.. auto-attack IS essentially worthless this expac. 30 times a small number is still a small number.
  5. Lemilla Active Member

2% times 30 is 60%, or a 58% increase in total dps. That's a bit more than 20 fervor gives.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

That's not how the math with percentages work.
  7. Lemilla Active Member

Ok, you are doing 200.000.000 dps. 2% of that is from autoattack.
    2% of 200M is 4M.

You improve your base autoattack multiplier from 1 by 30 (epic buff), so it ends up as 31.
    Your autoattack now does 4M * 31 = 124M.

Your total dpsis now 196M from things other that auotattack and 124M from autoattack, or 320M. That is 60% more than without the epic buff. Your autoattack now does 39% of your total dps.

Or, you could just use math directly on the percentages and get the same result.
  8. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

Yeah, the HP buff made inquisitors necessary and at the same time made gameplay completely un-fun. This combat mit debuff is just more of that. HP buff that makes the other healers better, and now combat mit debuff that makes everyone else better, but inquisitors are the only priest class with zero wards and zero good offensive spells. Of all the things Inquisitors needed, a combat mit debuff was not it.

The auto attack multiplier will only matter to people who reforge into auto attack stats, I kinda doubt most classes will reforge into auto attack stats on the off chance they happen to be in a group with an inquisitor...so putting that on fanaticism seems on initial consideration kind of ... well, cruddy?

At the very least, they should either allow it to apply to spell weapons or make melee auto attack uninterruptable. With the huge cast times on HP buff, ascension spells, group reactives... I've switched to ranged auto because I interrupted my auto constantly.
  9. Earar Well-Known Member

true, while the lvl 3 geomancer buff is useless mostly . it's nice when u do a PQ and wanna slack .. u cast the buff, got stiffled but your base attack modifier is increased by 45 in apprentice, and u dps quite well while being stiffled. and if with that u cast some other AA based buffs, it's nice. sure the stiffle part is annoying but the AA multiplier is still usefull
  10. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

You know... if they put some nice damage on the combat mit debuff I think it would help it to feel much more like an "epic" spell, and less like a new chore to maintain...
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

At least you gots a combat mit debuff wardens get a limited pet to go with their auto-attack multiplier :p
  12. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

Until cancelled fairy pet... may well follow you around casting wards ...
  13. Mermut Well-Known Member

Pet is the temp buff. It's a 'limited pet'.
  14. Anaiul Member

The ancient version says "Until Cancelled" on Tunare's Chosen.
  15. Mermut Well-Known Member

Yeah, I went back and realized that I'd simply assumed that the auto-attack buff was the permanent and the pet was the temporary... because that would have made MORE sense.
    But, no, it's a short duration boost to auto-attack and a permanent pet that does 'nobody knows what'. I admit that seems to make even LESS sense to me :p
    For whatever reason, epic 2.0 seems to make wardens a pet class.. though we have no idea what the 'pet' does.
    -Soteria- likes this.
  16. Anaiul Member

lol, no worries. I've only looked at the ancient version so I thought it could have been that the pet was limited duration at apprentice.
  17. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

I did some maths, probably badly, but if I'm anywhere close to right, then the auto attack multiplier buff for inqs might be pretty strong. It'd be passive dps, which isn't the direction I would've liked them to go with the class at all but... I guess kind of a throwback to a few years ago with the high auto attack damage...

I still feel like the combat mit debuff should've gone to like... Defiler... or something. Since they used to be all big with the debuffs and all... I'd be more excited if they put some damage on the debuff, kinda like Dispatch... would make it more exciting to cast instead of giving us another new chore.
  18. yondii Member

Well you can be a channeler and get absolutely nothing but a pet heal and Point Blank Range but WAIT all channelers have this from level1 so yeah EPIC.
    Pixilicious likes this.
  19. Obadiah New Member

To be honest it will be quite nice Inqis going back to how we used to be - always used to feel like we were more of a support healer/buffer/debuffer. I know lots will moan about this but then I enjoyed playing my Inqi when we weren't FOM (which I know we haven't been for quite a while now!)

And I really can't wait to start smashing things with a big mallet again - hate all this pansy wand stuff.
  20. badname912 Active Member

being said all of that yes its amzing dps buff.. but what are we... healer class last i checked.. templars are now essentially shamman with the new epic adding basically all dmg types to the ward plus alot other healers getting actual heal stuff.(maybe the pets heal). so yea we spam our 1 hp buff and chilling invig once ever1 and half min.... templars basically get there own version of chilling vig in the prestige every 6 sec recast where as we have over a minute on ours... yea back in the day inq were the top parsing melee healer.. but after all this they have the "healer" part removed and now basically melee autoattack class?? so old style scout