Inquisitor: Where are my heals?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Genetix, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Koko Well-Known Member

The tl;dr version is the arcane ward prevents everyone from getting one shotted, the elemental ward does not.

That is how the dice fell with respect to encounters this expansion. Arcane AE damage is a big deal, other AE damage not so much.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

There are more then those two that have nox or elemental damage. In addition to those two I can think of 8 off the top of my head that have either nox or elemental just in Pool, Highhold and Rum Cellar. And, yes, I know that for high end guilds those fights don't matter any more. Even for our mid-range raiding guild those fights are easy.... now. But before we were geared those wards made a difference. We've yet to run into a fight where it's arcane ward or die.

In Ossuary the 4 grimmlings fight.. the elemental pulse is the one that hits the hardest, by far, of the 4 dots (I usually end up 2nd on the heal parse even though we kill the elemental guy first and there's little healing for me to do after he dies). The dispel fight in there the pulses are nox, and the mystic nox ward makes a huge difference
  3. Avirodar Well-Known Member

I am curious..

In Cathedral of Bones, have you made it beyond Sacrificer Aevila D'Serin?
    In the Temple of Ssraeshza, have you made it beyond Ka'Rah Ferun?

I ask, simply because I have the suspicion that your perspective is based on content that is not designed to pose a significant challenge.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

No, we haven't. I did mention we're only a mid-level raid and 'challenge' depends on your gear the the players in the raid. Without changing our player-mix significantly, we're never going to be a high-end raid. I don't have time to raid more then 2-3 times a week, so a hard-core force isn't an option for me and I've been raiding with some of these people since Temple of Veeshan was current level content, so the comradeship (usually) makes up for the lack of progress.
  5. Healious Active Member

An inquisitor can do fine in any and all raids. Will you have to work harder and know your class better then other healers? Yes. Will it be fun? No. It will suck. As far as DPS goes, someone said "Channler is the best dps with Fury is very close, followed by defiler,warden, mystic, inq, Templar" That is just stupid. A fury or channler are the only 2 that can possibly outparse a proper Inquis. with warden not far behind. Defiler/Mystic and Templar are not in the same ball park, and I have all but a channler.
  6. Avirodar Well-Known Member

Working harder and knowing your class better than other healers only go so far, when pulse damage is 1 shotting your group. However, I have the feeling you're speaking more from the perspective of a casual heroic style player, or someone who is not currently nor never played an Inq as their main. My concerns are not with mid or low level raiding.
  7. Healious Active Member

Actually my main is an inquisitor. And I have been in raids all throughout this xpack up to Ossuary AoM/PoP. So, minus those 2 I just havent seen a lot of my group being 1 shotted by pulse damage. I will say that running my defiler if much much easier, if that is the rout you are looking for.
  8. Avirodar Well-Known Member

Fair enough. So are you comfortable using your Inq to solo heal a raid group on Ka'Rah Ferun, Villandre, and Ritual Keeper?
  9. Healious Active Member

Those 3 mobs as you well know would be a challenge for any healer to solo heal. More so depending on the group I would be healing. But in short, no I would not, although Ferun I could potentially do.
  10. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

Our defiler solo heal Ferun and Villandre.
  11. Healious Active Member

I have no doubt a defiler did. And? Defilers are the flavor of this xpack.
  12. Avirodar Well-Known Member

Templars, Mystics and Furies can also snooze through Ka'Rah. They can also do the same to Villandre, if it is a timely kill. Templars are just as much flavor of the xpac, if not moreso, than defilers. And the furies, people must be underestimating what they can do, the damage reductions are incredible.
  13. Jenkzz Member

Avi, what is your toon name and what server are you playing on, I'd love to catch up and chat with you.
  14. Avirodar Well-Known Member

Sent you a PM :)
  15. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

This is realy annoying and unbalanced as hell.
    Today our defiler basically solohealed Ritual Keeper, the other healer did 200k, while the defiler got 2.3 ml. I had 1 ml as an inquisitor and our templar did 1 ml as well.
    Let's compare spells:
    Soul Shackle- 640k hps. Divine waters-118k.
    Carion warding-385k, Atoning faith-187k
    Shround of armor, another pasive ward?-255k, Prepared defenses-120k
    And the thing that irritates me most of all, while solo healing Defiler does more dps then me. Twice as much on aoe encounters.
    Spiritwrath does a few million alone (I saw 3-4 ml from it), while my endline presitge, additional strikes..haha, together with Interrogation are hardly over 300-500k.

Seriously, why do we need other healing classes in the game? Four defilers, two templars that's all you need in the raid.
    I understand you can't please everyone and balance everything, but that is just too much. The difference is too huge. We have never had such a situation before, every healer was able to heal. Some did it better then the others, some had better buffs and automatic raid spots. But again, every priest class was able to do his main job. Right now we have a defiler, a paired healer by the original desighn, who soloheals what real solohealers can't do.

I like heal intensive fights and I like many curent encounters, but please give everyone equal tools. Some time ago you said there will be no one-shot on tanks, and still they recieve 5 ml+ hits. The only way to deal with it is wards and damage reduction. Pulsing damage-wards again. My 300 k reactive and 500k group heal simply can't win here.

I don't know what else to add. Healing as an inquisitor frustrates me a lot lately.
    Malleria, Koko and Flatline like this.
  16. Koko Well-Known Member

To be fair, we've gone from one shotting tanks to one shotting groups. So technically different!
  17. Hammdaddy Active Member

Dps goes:
    Fury
    Bad furies
    you tried furies
    Defiler
    Channeler/Inq/Warden/Mystic
    Templar