Inquisitor: Where are my heals?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Genetix, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

I played a channeler during ToV for a bit and the dps came mostly from auto attack and procs. Spells/CAs was very crappy and as he was in full dreadlord I had both the potency and the WDB so Channelers didn't impress me dpswise. Best dps healer I played with in ToV (heroics) was an inquisitor.

In AoM finding a healer doing any kind of dps is kind of rare actually, seems like more and more healers forget they have an autoattack and dmg abilitys aswell as beneficial spells. Believe it or not but the best dps healer I've grped with during AoM was Kokos warden. (heroics)
  2. Koko Well-Known Member

See mine was just three mystics and a defiler. I didn't even bother with clerics at all. ='(

Also sad to hear it Tharra, I run around in support gear 100% of the time. Q_Q
  3. Hammdaddy Active Member

it takes a very good mystic to solo heal the harder end game stuff as even defilers have issues, and also solo healing a tank is kind hard.
  4. Koko Well-Known Member

See I considered that then I realized I could fix everything by throwing more fighters at it.
    Need to mitigate giant spell damage group wide? -> get crusader prestige 2.0 temps!
    Need 24/7 temp rotation? -> get moar brawlers!

I'm like 5% kidding, but mostly serious. ;__; What has "traditionally" been powerful is less and less viable with each expansion, and maybe it is a good thing that "2x fighters x1 priest" is superior now. It has been the opposite for ...well forever.
  5. Hammdaddy Active Member

Honestly they need to change this game to 36man raids, 24 man raids is such an ****** number especially when you have to have 4 bards/4chanters/4-8healers and 1-3 tanks. It makes classes that don't have easy mode buttons (max hp debuffs/focused casting) have a hard time of getting into raids.
  6. Koko Well-Known Member

See I'd do the opposite, shrink raids down to 12~18 players. Not only does this make max hp debuffs less potent, but it would enable developers to push harder content as individual contribution is more more significant (i.e. see HM duo zones vs. heroic zones vs. raid zones).

If anything, it would lag less.
  7. Hammdaddy Active Member

In a game with 24 classes having 12-18 in a raid is a recipe for a bad idea, if they removed max hp debuffs i would just run six warlocks a brig and an assassin and melt everything in the game with broken focused casting.
  8. Koko Well-Known Member

Not remove the %hp debuffs, but they become significantly less important when raid EncDPS takes a major hit.

With 12~18 slots, the goal shifts from "everyone has a spot in this raid" to "everyone has a slot in a raid" which is easier to manage. For example guild A has an amazing brawler, and they tend to be scout focused. Guild B has a crusader (who have relevant mage buffs again) which becomes mage focused. etc.
  9. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Lol Sin Hemo is broken, its beyond ridiculous. FC istelf isn't broken, itemization is. Same can be said about hemo I suppose
  10. Avirodar Well-Known Member

I am not saying it proves anything, but I am curious...

How many Inqs (primary raid main only, not someones 20th side-alt) are posting on this thread, that have cleared the "Ossuary: The Altar of Malice [Raid]", or at least made it past the first named in that zone, that think nothing is wrong with Inqs in current raid content?

I would even open that question to anyone who's raid main is a cleric, and has made it past the 1st mob in O:AoM[Raid]?
  11. Koko Well-Known Member

I can't answer this directly, but I can provide a link to a study done by a swashbuckler regarding the popularity of certain classes for raiding guilds.

Obviously the data is a bit dated, and it only includes players who are unhidden in the census, but it should provide a good idea. There is a clear trend, classes without the ability to ward arcane damage are initially plentiful however greatly diminish in popularity as guilds progress through content. Also lol @ beastlords.
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

There are plenty of fights that do pulsing nox damage or pulsing elemental damage. Why the focus on arcane wards?
  13. Avirodar Well-Known Member

Define "plenty"? And why the focus on Arcane wards? Is that a serious question?
  14. Avirodar Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link. Even a bit dated, it shows the nature of my concern.

It reminds me of a time way back in the RoK expansion... Back then, Inqs were OK for solo play, generic level heroic play, and easy raiding. But I do not care a whole lot about that. What always mattered to me, was higher end raiding. Early/mid RoK, an Inq being viable for high end raiding was as much of a joke as the original Inq myth clicky. Most raiding Inqs I had spoken with prior to RoK either betrayed or quit. I created a thread about it, and after some time, the myth clicky was changed.

From late RoK up to early CoE, some bad game design (where tank temp cycling + fast curing contributed far more than healing output) resulted in a successful era for Inqs. Some Templars complained, and said they need all kinds of insane buffs to be viable, but I explained that it is simply issues with encounter design and tanks being overpowered.

From mid CoE and onward, content design, stat adjustments, and enhancements to other class types have left Inqs in a bit of a rut. Inqs no longer offer the meaningful utility to a high end raid group they once provided. The curing capacity of an Inq is no longer unique, or a noteworthy factor. The DPS an Inq can do is not going to win them a place on a raid.

To anyone still playing an Inq as their main, in a guild that strives to clear all raid content in a timely manner, and is happy with where the Inq class is at, my hat goes off to you.
  15. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

Verdict is basicly the only spell one might want an inq in the raid. But I'm absolutly sure, should I quit my guild would not recrut a new inquisitor. I I've done every raid encounter in the game, exept for the Avatars, and I'm absolutly sure that the class is so useless compared to some other healers. We need wards, both group and single target, or some insane group buffs.
  16. Avirodar Well-Known Member

Why haven't you betrayed back to Templar yet?
    Would be better for your guild, and you know the class...
  17. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

Well, until recently we had 2 active templars on the roster and the truth is, I like Inquisitor. A very convinient class to play...outside the new raid content. But I'm thinking about being a templar now.
  18. Mermut Well-Known Member

Yes, it is a serious question, that's why I asked it. Why the arcane ward while totally ignoring/discounting the mystic nox ward and the warden elemental ward?
  19. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

Because The Construct and The Drunkard are the only mobs I know, that require non-arcain resists/wards.
    Avirodar likes this.
  20. Avirodar Well-Known Member

After everything that happened back in DoV/SS, did you ever imagine a day where I was encouraging you to betray from an Inq to a Templar (without Templars receiving massive boosts to DPS and offensive buffs)?