Inquisitor: Where are my heals?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Genetix, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Lol, fml! Just deleted lvl96 channeler to make a fury! >_<

What makes you say this btw?
  2. Hammdaddy Active Member

Shamans/templars/channelers have way superior heals atm as basically everything end game will one shot kill you if you don't have stacks on stacks of wards and having to rely on a proc to keep your group alive in a druid isn't nearly as effective. Also shamans are a lot more versatile, they can heal basically any group but a druid is only good in specific groups, the utility they bring just doesn't cut it anymore :/
    Koko likes this.
  3. Koko Well-Known Member

QFE.

You "could" try to organize %spell DR from prestige 2.0 abilities with PI and rotate it with Tshell//equilibrium/blade dance [presuming everyone times stuff right, does not miss a rotation, and is within the radius]... or just spam a group ward with a 6s CD for superior effectiveness. I want to try solo-healing OSS Event doing the former for funzies, but its really just for funzies. In all practicality, non-ward healers are just bards with cure spells.

Yay CB/P stat inflation.
  4. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

It was so nice that Druids were useful again, and then I read this thread and I am sadface. So basically we've gone from Wards being stupid OP, to being useless, to being stupid OP again? Forgive my ignorance - I quit a few months back.

Also, hey Koko.
  5. Hammdaddy Active Member

I mean i'm pretty sure i could solo heal the end game stuff on my fury because i'm really good at keeping wards up etc but an mediocre fury couldn't do it no way, and even then it would be extremely difficult and if **** hits the fan we are basically screwed
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

Druids ARE useful. I solo heal most heroic zones (only one I haven't managed is ossuary event heroic) and have zero issues healing in mid-level raid zones. I can't speak to top end raiding, but don't believe the doom-sayers here saying druids are useless, it's not true.
  7. oranges Member

Off the top of my head there are I think two, maybe three raid fights that hit too hard without wards. Everything else is druid solo healable.
    Mermut likes this.
  8. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

Well, I would say 5-6, excluding avatars. The problem is a defiler does it easier, and he/she can't solo heal only one encounter in the instanced content-V'Derin. Neither druids nor me as an inquisitor can do it.
    I like my class, but since ToV it is irritating me more and more. I hate being useless, helpless. Seeing how easy a defiler or templar manages his group or tank, while I use everything I can and still people are dieing...seing this makes me real sad.
  9. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

Seriously, how can you compare 300-500k reactives to a wide array of over 1 ml wards. And on top of that defilers have several group healing spells and a very good dps.
  10. Koko Well-Known Member

Just because I can solo-heal heroic zones on a beastlord does not indicate that they are useful//balanced class.

Ability does not directly correlate with power level. It helps, sure, but when other classes are equally able and better qualified it is next to meaningless. It follows that while most raid encounter are able to be healed by a druid, there is no reason to gear one when every encounter is able to be healed by a shaman.

Hi Mount.
  11. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Defilers have good dps now?
  12. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Ty

I can see how channelers and shamans have the upper hand as they prevent dmg. What makes a templar any better then the druids tho? The arcane ward?
  13. Koko Well-Known Member

Yup. Values shown are at 180k arcane resist. The variance is from massive %DR (e.g. bulwark of mana, unholy warding, howling with the pack), I forget which one this was and I'm too lazy to check. For all practical purposes build your composition around mitigating a 1.4m hit.[IMG]
    You can orchestrate a rotation of Tshell/Equilibrium & other skills to beat the choir, but spamming wards is easier and safer. As for DPS, non-druids have always been superior due to %hp debuffs from a raidwide perspective.
  14. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

Yes, a very good dps, at least for a healer. Most time over 6-7 ml on a single target and over 10 on groups. You just need to spec right and have the right gear.
    I'm sure I can do more in a dps mod gear, but as long as we both wear hp items, he overdpses me most of the time.
  15. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Fury still top healer dps?
  16. Mermut Well-Known Member

CAN you solo heal heroic content (and raid content) w/o being massively overgeared on your beastlord? Currently all of the healer classes can do that for most heroic zones and all mid-level and below raid fights.
    I am not saying druids have the easiest time of healing content this expansion. I'm saying they (and inquisitors) can do the job quite handily on most fights.

On a side note, why does the templar arcane ward make then 'good' but the warden elemental not do the same for them?
  17. Koko Well-Known Member

Absolutely. The character is in hiatus (again) with what I consider to be minimal heroic equipment, most of which was obtained doing exactly that.
    Because the flavor of the expansion OHKO AEs happen to be arcane damage.

As for "priest DPS tier lists", fury is highest due to access to temps and a plethora of ways to proc them (i.e. lots of blues and mage group). Wardens perform similarly with melee compositions, although these tend to be far less plentiful in terms of temps. The ST "buffless" EncDPS trophy belongs to the inquisitor due to largest AA multiplier and flurry proc. Similarly the AE "buffless" EncDPS trophy belongs to shaman because Avenging Ancestors is a thing.
  18. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

I would say Channler is the best dps with Fury is very close, followed by defiler,warden, mystic, inq, templar. Yes, I rate both clerics pretty low. Again, with an ideal situation, when you can use a dps gear and don't need to heal the order would be different.
    But the first three classes don't need to change gear or AA to be equally good at dps, healing and surviving. Simply because Fury and Defiler are spell based, and Channeler is Channeler:) The other 4 classes are mele based, and they have to wear wdb gear to be able to push good dps numbers. A dps geared templar can do 8-10 ml dps, while I, as an inquisitor in hp gear, stack somewhere near 5-7.
  19. Hammdaddy Active Member

Lol Channelers aren't even close to furies on the spectrum of dps, furies are so stupidly overpowered dps wise. I was doing about half of what mogrim was doing on single target in ToV, and about 2/3 of his dps in aoe on a healer class, also i'm always in the spec that heals every encounter in game and outparse scouts in the same spec. Also templars are good because of their arcane ward,repent, and stoneskin buff for tanks, they also pair well with an shaman. An ideal set up for healers would be like:
    Defiler/Templar Group 1
    Shaman/Templar Group 2
    Defiler Group 3
    Defiler Group 4
    Tharrakor likes this.
  20. Hammdaddy Active Member

Yes also their defensive buffs beat a wardens for a tank significantly.