Inquisitor: Where are my heals?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Genetix, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Genetix Member

Testing training dummy with one of the items:
    * Shralok Totem of Diseased Blessings (\aITEM -391333838 789870358:Shralok Totem of Diseased Blessings\/a):
    - "Inflicts 4.5% of your max health in disease damage on caster instantly and every second"
    - "Inflicts an additional 0.9% of max health in disease damage on caster every tick".

Testing Zones:
    * Brokenskulls Bay (Adds AOE with '1 before last named', Captain 'Last Named fight')
    * Ossuary (Last named fight if adds are killed By AOE and named is targeted)
    * Highkeep Castle: Den (second named fight spawning after the spirits has been killed)
    * Those are just few good examples...:
    - Same affect happens with every zone since paineel with pulsing damage from named doing damage. No heals from reactives are applied, so, wtf am I supposed to do as a healer if I can't heal ? Click a my one group heal or the new 16s heal which was added to exactly these fights so Inq's could barely survive and hope not to die, while every other healer class gets their smaller heals through with no issue ?

Reactive description:
    * Divine Guidance: "When Any damage is received this spell will cast...."
    * Penance: "When Any damage is received this spell will cast...."
    * Malevolent Diatribe: "When Any damage is received this spell will cast...."
    * Chilling Invigorate: "When Any damage is received this spell will cast...."
    * Radiance: "When Any damage is received this spell will cast...."
    * Evidence of Faith: "When Any damage is received this spell will cast...."
    * Fanatic's Inspiration: "When Any damage is received this spell will cast...."

So, my question would be:

* Where are my heals, if I cannot heal with my primary heals as an healer ?
    * Also, would like to ask about Holy Shield., now wtf is the use of holy shield if every time you add an fight where you actually need it (Mage cure fights, old rare nameds and from 90's keymobs). It doesn't prevent AOE as the description states when I am behind of w/e casts the mage cureable elemental effects ?
    (I some magical way still understand the damage cap of healer and gear rating that with same potency/CB doesn't actually do same amount of heals and you die simply because you are with better gear combining DPS gear and previously you could heal something -100% of both Potency and CB but only because of wearing DPS gear you die. Even while that would not be lame enough mechanic of EQ2 I would atm just be happy to get my heals working.)

---EDIT---

Replication of this issue is so damn easy, would think devel / tech support team even could see it even before releasing last 5 expansions.
    Laiina likes this.
  2. Erevis Cale Member

I've noticed this on some fights recently while healing on my inq. I imagine templars might be having similar issues (maybe?) since they also rely on reactives. It's incredibly frustrating casting my reactive heals and watching the spell expire with most/all of the triggers remaining (when your group has incurable detriments on them that SHOULD be triggering heals).

Some of the named I've noticed that aren't triggering reactives are:
    Castle Highhold: Insider Treachery's Zona Centi'Kaas (Doom of Eom'Zon'Kaas does not trigger reactives)
    Ssraeshza Temple's The Vathis (Flaying Fangs does not trigger reactives)
    Sanguine Fountains' High Inquisitor V'Raudin (Priestly Suppression does not trigger reactives)

I'm sure there are more named that don't trigger reactives, but I can't remember right now

Please fix this.. :(
  3. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

Yes, it is true. Our reactives still do not work on some fights. Epic x2 mobs in Principal are irritating me most of all, especially keeping in mind, that they should have been fixed, according to devs' posts.
    There is allo anohter big issue with our healing. We do not have group damage reduction, or reliable wards. And it makes us a bit "unstable" on some raid fights. I can push over 800k hps, but it still won't save people from oneshot. Removing 50% trashold from Interrogation and reducing it's cd to 15 secods would greatly help here.
    Malleria, Laiina and duckster like this.
  4. Laiina Well-Known Member

I have been seeing quite a few instances where the reactive heals simply do nothing, such as described in the above and other examples. The Broken Skull Lady is the most common and obvious example. About the only thing that does seem to work there is the Warden group death prevent. The reactives on my Inquisitor do not seem to trigger at all. As the OP noted, the "any damage" part is NOT working in many cases.

This problem is not new, but with all the one-shotting in AoM it has become a lot more obvious and annoying.
  5. Smite Active Member

My original misunderstanding of prepared defenses notwithstanding - see other thread - here's my take on why things are this way for Inquisitors in AoM.

1. Developers deemed Inquisitors too strong in solo, heroic, and raid content in past expansion packs for different reasons in each type of content. As for what to do in AoM see other threads in this forum on previous replies about how to address Pulse Damage.

Answer: You have access to roughly half your heals since the class had too many tactical utility features which previously allowed you to carry bad Heroic groups last year no matter your "gear state" which was in direct conflict with company policy that gear (time spent) > abilities (thought used).

The class experienced an inflationary nerf that wasn't 100% apparent until we all got to 4/4 with AoM procs and still say - where's my heals?

Your heals are with the 2nd healer you still need as a partner for most of the Heroic AoM zones.

1/4
    _ _ _
  6. Smite Active Member

2. I used this ability last year along with Divine Aura to get around mob scripts in Heroics. The developers didn't like it and "fixed it" with AoM encounter design.

Divine Aura is nearly worthless now due to the one-shot crap in most of the zones. Last year only VD made it obsolete. There is nowhere HS would be of critical value in AoM that I've seen since it didn't block the lockup from the 3rd to last name in Bilgewater. Int endline has little mathematical value and there are heroic procs that do more than exorcism.

The wish list thread near the new year has our desires to "update" these endlines and I'm certain they're thinking about what they're going to adjust for November.

2/4
    _ _ _
  7. Smite Active Member

3. Gear wise if you don't run with the same people in AoM on a regular basis I would strongly recommend to get all the +health gear so that you are north of 1.2 million alone. Split-Second Salvation will help with single-AOE one-shots in some AoM zones to make it so just you and the tank are still standing. Of course 140K from 21K resist items are big on the list as well.

The DPS mindset for healing really is about stacking the debuffs, making your items proc (Unity III is big for me), and getting enough of the other +pot/cb procs 'up' so that you at least sitting 800/800 with ~15Kish in ability mod 30s into a fight.

Whether I have 100 DPS mod or 600 DPS mod won't make me do 10 million DPS so the DPS of an Inquisitor really won't change the tide in PUG like it could have in ToV. This is why I go 1H instead of 2H since my personal DPS just doesn't matter. Back in SF/TSO I was 7K DPS and running around 5th on the raid parse but that got "fixed" and arguably it should have. In AoM numbers that would put me at 7 Million DPS in a Heroic Group with Heroic Gear and a 2H. Since that isn't possible I ignore the magnitude of DPS output.

3/4
    _ _ _
  8. Smite Active Member

4. It was done on purpose.

In my book making Divine Aura worthless was the hardest hit from ToV to AoM. Anti-reactive pulse damage to counteract Divine Guidance in the Heroic Game was a close second. Raising the hit points of the mobs so my 500K-1M DPS was completely worthless was third. Scripts don't lend themselves to our fear or root to - stop - the encounter if you're the only one standing like they did previous years. I wouldn't mind an AOE fear that spreads the zillion little adds out to reduce the healing needed on a heroic group that has bitten off more than it can chew.

What we lost vs encounter design in AoM from ToV wasn't made up with stat inflation or Divine Waters.

Prepared Defenses being "always" up might band-aid the issue but then it would be what every Inquisitor would have to take just to "keep up". Since they don't want to give Inquisitors the Templar style stoneskins why not just give Inquisition, Malevolent Diatribe, Alleviation, and Divine Guidance wards of various values to help us "make it" to the next ability. That or let left side be Guardian Sphere for Inquisitors if right side becomes too good to be true. That or give us some serious control effects like an AOE fear every 15s for 5s that doesn't go poof if the mob takes damage - epic mob immunes only.

4/4
    _ _ _
  9. Smite Active Member

In case it wasn't clear enough to the Developers, I, a 4/4 Heroic Inquisitor still feel very uncomfortable solo healing many zones and will actively avoid any attempts to do so no matter who is in the group.

Zones I don't Mind Solo Healing with a passable tank and 10-15 million DPS groupwide:

Zavith’loa: The Lost Caverns
    Zavith’loa: The Hidden Caldera
    Castle Highhold
    Ossuary: Resonance of Malice
    Zavith’loa: The Hunt
    Ossuary: Sanguine Fountains (if - Chanter - with chain-stifle)
    Contested: Bilgewater

Zones I avoid as Solo Heals and why:

Brokenskull Bay: Bilgewater Falls (2nd to last and last name)
    Brokenskull Bay: Hoist the Yellow Jack (last name)
    Ssraeshza Temple (the giant stone mob)
    Castle Highhold: Thresinet’s Den (2nd to last name)
    Ssraeshza Temple: Inner Sanctum (All)
    Brokenskull Bay: Bosun’s Private Stock (de-target name and last name)
    Ssraeshza Temple: Taskmaster’s Echo (too much work solo heals)
    Castle Highhold: Insider Treachery (not in a PUG)
    Ossuary: Choir of T’Vyl (still haven't completed it with 2 heals)
    Contested: Ossuary (surges are quite large and DG isn't always up for unexpected trash repops)
    _ _ _

What the encounter design team did to the class, Inquisitors, in AoM paled in comparison to what they did to the collective casual Heroic PUG playerbase of all classes.

If I wasn't playing with who I had been playing for months in AoM I doubt I would have made it to the Heroic Pool this year.

And shame on the Developers for making the casuals loose access to Square Purples by not putting them on the merchant like previous expansion packs. The Heroic game was hard enough without spreading out the acquisition of Square Purples by plat (loyalty bag rate) or grind (faction, dailies, and adorning). The gap between the weekend warriors and the daily players got larger unnecessarily.

I'm self-sufficient now but what a waste of my time when I should have been able to buy Square Purples for Ferrin to begin with from an NPC. Empyrean Lands was a huge boost for me in the Heroic game (depending on the zone/mob) and I'm sure lots of solo/casuals are running around without square sockets yet you want them to get /smashed in their early PUGs?

Bonus/4
    _ _ _
    Kittybock likes this.
  10. Koko Well-Known Member

There is a common misconception what constitutes as "damage received" in this game. For the game to recognize a damage source, it must be the initial combat hit.

Examples of damage sources
    Aauto attack
    AE auto attack
    Ability cast (e.g. spell or combat art)
    Examples of "not" damage sources
    Incremental damage of an already applied damage source (e.g. Damage over Time or DoT)
    "Multi hit" type damage (e.g. Multi Attack or Flurry)
    Procs on existing abilities (e.g. Peace of Mind, Stampede)
    Ability double casts

These distinctions are important to classes with reactives, stoneskins, or "damage charged" abilities (e.g. Victorious Concerto). Reactives are not, and have not, been broken. I'll agree that the wording is confusing, but if a damage source was "reworked" to account for external damage... then the game simply doesn't work anymore (e.g. hit something with inspired daring/stampede up together for infinity damage!).
  11. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

And what about wards, damage reduction and interception still working for "not" damage sources? What about hots still healing up while reactives do nothing?
    Malleria likes this.
  12. Koko Well-Known Member

If you are debating what constitutes a damage source I can continue to clarify that.

Historically, some forms of incremental damage has been modified to count as a damage source (e.g. Klandicar). It is evident that it must be done as a case by case basis. This change to select encounters made clerics very happy and everyone with stoneskins very sad.

As an aside, wards are great, interception is even better, reactives are situationally powerful, and heal over times are terrible. Clerics are more than capable of solo healing all heroic content, possibly excluding healing through the choir failure condition in RoM. I'm certain it is possible given sufficient time between 20% hp thresholds for Divine Waters/Equilibrium to refresh, but groups that want to bypass the failure condition and low dps rarely overlap.
    Tsurupettan likes this.
  13. Avirodar Well-Known Member

Koko is on the right track. If the EQ2 team provided a fully detailed explanation of the trigger requirements of reactives, along with a detailed list of conditions they would not trigger, the spell descriptions would be a small novel. It is my opinion that the way it is currently worded, is the lesser of two evils.

At the end of the day, sometimes things trigger effects when they are not supposed to, and sometimes things do not trigger effects when they are supposed to. If you believe something is not acting properly, it is fair to ask the question. Just do not be surprised if the answer is that it is working as intended.
    Tsurupettan likes this.
  14. Genetix Member

Quite good comments here and probably even really good Inquisitors considering situation. There is few of answers I would like to address:

Now, why the hell do developers think I pick this class originally? Inquisitor is te strongest healer in entire EQ2. Its purpose is to be OP healer class and it should have exactly what the spells and buffs read. Today even learned they f'ed up my Mitigation buff on top of other developer screw ups.

"Half your heals":
    * Ok, wtf, strongest and supposed to be strongest healer according to any Everquest 2 selected character and I get "half the heals". I mean omfg, make harder fights then and give me my damn heals so I can actually use them.

"which previously allowed you to carry bad Heroic groups last year":
    * Isn't this the ***'n point of being a healer, carry out the lame *** badly geared tanks around new stuff and rez the trouby's when you can? I mean wtf, I wanna see this topic and the developer who ever f'n answered this crap from SOE/Everquest 2 development team.

"no matter your "gear state" which was in direct conflict":
    * Heck I ran yesterday a zone almost thru with in full crafting gear. I'd say if this is correct mayeb you should f'n take a look to your DPS gear rating screwing up as, with +150% potency using your DPS BP on an Inq, Inq heals 1/5th roughly compared of using potency gear. I mean if you wanna shoot screw ups on new gear might wanna take a look at that. I am currently barely making through zones and wearing AE+Attack no potency BP.

More nerv'd crap...

Sacred Armor:
    * Increases Mitigation of group members (AE) vs. physical damage ###
    Then below: - If not Fighter

Now, WTF needs mitigation since paineel, if it's not gonna apply for only group member who actually needs it ?

-----THE END-----

Well, I thank everyone for the comments, zone lists and specially the developer answered quote. Now, I do understand developers point of view on the matter and I do understand that they have no reason to fix matters above.

I have one thing to say to developers in response:
    Why the f' do you give tank classes every piece of gear, atm, at lvl 92 Hell you even sell adorns to tanks 4 times more powerful than any other class from your merchant, tanks get all the gear at first nameds of zones and raids then blame the healers for having OP features ? I mean I see that as rather idiotic development, if nothing else.

I have less to heal while tanks goes with full mythicals?

Sure, that is the way to go... Bravo, 7th, 8th, 9th 'n 10th expansion! No need for healers any longer.
  15. Mktavish01 Member

Its just the eventual outcome of the devs needling the simple triangle mechanic between dmg/health pool/ health replenish.

Wards are obviously nerfed because they jump over the health pool and intercede between dmg and health.

And if you think about it ... stacking reactives is just lazy hot stacking.

There is 5 points to heals ... wards/intercept/reactive/direct/hots ... maybe we need a sixth point in there?

Or just let wards and reactives do partials so they can have more use ... while still letting the other heals down the line be of use.
  16. Mktavish01 Member

What I think we need to untangle the complex mess created by just tacking on stats ... is if healing was customizable by the player for the type of damage dealt. Something as a whole healing stance , or maybe per healing spell.

But then of course every class needs something comparable.
  17. Smite Active Member

I'm not sure I set you on the right path given your tone above. Let adjust some of the finer points above:

1/4
    _ _ _
  18. Smite Active Member

1. Inquisitors grew to overpowered status - in the background - over time culminating in ToV Heroic performance as a sleeper class. Raids were about the cure advantage for years - less so now.

The strongest healers by reputation have always been Templars and Defilers. You don't have half the heals per se but many fights don't use all your heals to the fullest in AoM.

2. The ability of a healer, especially an Inquisitor, to carry bad groups last year was Epic.

Defilers couldn't do what I could do and I didn't realize there were Developers in that infamous Stratum group until it was too late. Just like I didn't realize a Developer with me in DOV's TOFSx2 didn't like Cleanse and Endline Group-Immunity on the original Wisdom line as it let me "break" itemization with abilities. Who was I to be in PQ gear with a 2H going neck and neck with the Sorcerer in raid gear on the parse... Policy policy policy...

2/4
    _ _ _
  19. Smite Active Member

3. Last year not this year.

The gear state I was referring to was that my heroic potency gear let me do things other healers in raid potency gear couldn't do since I had tactical abilities they didn't have. Gear didn't matter, my Inquisitor abilities combined in certain ways let me step outside their gear progression box. If there is one thing they cannot have - even in a F2P game - is to have anything undermine raiding. In this case raiding didn't allow non-Inqs to trivialize Heroic zones and people like myself weren't punished for not raiding.

4. See Bilgewater: Other group members need to care about their incoming damage.

5. The thread at the top of the forum has lots of quality of life issues in AoM for healers that they'll put on their adjustment list for the next expansion. It is a certainty that things will change.

From your tone I'm not sure if you got a Free 90 and powered it to 100 and are going WTH... but overpowered classes regularly change since it forces their top heavy game to switch characters (re-Mastering among other things $$$$).

3/4
    _ _ _
  20. Smite Active Member

6. What happens is when a class or archetype is underpopulated they deliberately overpower it to shuttle players over. When they fix tab-targeting more non-tanks will find tanks enjoyable.

7. They made this whole expansion pack about at least 3 players forming a group instead of 1 superstar in a PUG. I assume they thought if they made it hard all the hardcore players would return, instead their casuals avoided the Heroic game.

8. There are alot of twink tanks carrying PUGs and you should be thankful like I am that you don't have to tank and still have access to a group here in late February.

9. The healing tanks are quite absurd this expansion pack but they can't keep the other 4 players up - only a real healer can do that. None of them are rocking the 15M DPS required to run the zones 'solo' either.

** Don't forget Devs play all the classes but many of them play them in certain ways which is why they sometimes get surprised since ACT often inhibits their creativity. Trees from the Forest and whatnot...

4/4
    _ _ _