Inquisitor / Templar

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Jordus, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Jordus New Member

I am going to be Moloing with Lady Liae Croae The 10 year Vet Paladin merc and was wondering if one type of plate healer would be that much better than the other at high level? As I understand it the Templar is more buff and the Inquisitor is more debuff.

Thanks.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

If you're just solo/molo.. I'd go inquisitor. Both healers are plenty sturdy enough to survive well, but the inquisitor will go through the content MUCH faster due to a significantly higher dps output potential.
  3. Dead Alt Account Well-Known Member

I recently betrayed my Inq to Templar after playing the Inq for over 10 years. The Templar does 25% to 30% more DPS than the Inq and has much better heals. The only thing an Inq is good for is their HP buff and Verdict which is really only needed for raids.
    I'd also recommend using an Inq merc for its Verdict if you are molo-ing. The tanks cant hold agro, do little DPS, and the DPS mercs do very little DPS to be useful. The Inq mercs Verdict will effectively do more DPS than any other merc class.
  4. Earar Well-Known Member

yeah but always say for what level ?

I can understand the templar does more damage now with the epic 2 .. but does the templar do more damage at low levels ?
    I guess pre-KA .. the inquisitor is still better to dps than templar. after it's debatable, but betrayal can be done later
  5. Jordus New Member

So if pre is Inquisitor and post is debatable. It seems like the Inq would be the choice. I mean if they are that close then I guess it really does not matter. But 25% to 30% is a pretty big gap.
  6. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

It all depends on your level, gear, ascension class and the level of content you do.
    1)In pre-ascension and pre epic 2.0 era Inquisitor is defenitelly better dps wise and clears trash packs faster and easier. The only thing to consider is that at some point, probabbly around Altar of Malice expansion, mele autoattack and combat arts start falling behind wand and spells. Switching to them is up to you, since it's the old content and competition/progression does not matter. The dps increase is not that meaningful either because for the last 4-5 exansions Inquisitor is the worst dps and healer among all the priests.
    2) When you get epic 2.0 as Inquisitor mele autoattack becomes a thing again. It is worth investing into mele stats and wdb. The choice between combat arts and spells does not matter anymore because they both do near zero damage. I use Combat arts; feels more convinient.
    3) Ascension class means everything. Elementalist, or Etherialst is probabbly the best choice for a templar. Just do not take Geomancer as a templar, that class has the worst dps. For an inquisitor it's not that simple. Geomancer gives you a masive autoattack buff (Terrene Destruction) to already huge autoattack numbers, but I still have a feeling that choosing elementalist would give me more dps overall. And do not forget the tier of Ascension spells means alot. The difference between apprentice and grandmaster is huge, really huge.
    4) Unfortunatelly in the curent end game realia Inquisitor is worse then Templar dps and healing wise. Even if they are equally geared and have the same ascensions class and so on, Templar would still do at least those 25-30% more dps on a solo target, heroic target and raid target. Only solo trash packs will go down faster as Inquisitor; you can pretty much one-two shot them with your autoattack.

That being said, I still remain Inquisitor. I left serious, competitive raiding, I do not need to be "the best" anymore and there are a few things I like in my curent class: mobility, hp buff and crazy autoattack numbers.
    Jordus likes this.