Inquisitor Mythical Cloak Needs Serious Revamp

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by ARCHIVED-peevsieleah, Aug 9, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Karimonster Guest

Dahmer wrote:
    I still don't see why it would be overpowered even if it was changed to an "if equipped" versus the possible "click the cloak"
    Unyielding Benediction manages to not be too powerful, but Inquisition is?
  2. ARCHIVED-tomsky Guest

Most, if not all, of the mythical cloaks need looking at again.
    From what I remember, the best ones by far are Dirge, SK and Templar.
    Some are pretty worthless (Inqusitor, Conjy, Assassin), and all need to be brought up (or down) to a similar level for all classes.
  3. ARCHIVED-Trinral Guest

Dahmer wrote:
    If you review my post above, you will see that I suggested a small base % increase to the trigger chance of unyielding benediction, so it provides some benefit against all content, not just some of the higher end content. While the Templar cloak has a smoking hot proc against high end content, it would be nice the cloak had some more universal appeal.

So, you deem it unbalanced, because a Templar would not have a power proc, and an Inquisitor would not have an enhanced group wide stoneskin buff? Looks quite reasonable to me. Both clerics getting a single target buff made group wide, is hardly an outlandish angle.

Regardless, the Inquest modification is but one of several ideas presented to improve the lacklustre Inquisitor fabled cloak. One thing we do agree on, is the cloak needs to be revised.
  4. ARCHIVED-Arynai Guest

Dahmer wrote:
    Only harder raid encounters (in and outside of PoW) benefit greatly from 2 tank MT groups. Only harder raid encounters (in and out of PoW) tend to give you trouble with power. The only people who will see those cloaks are endline raiders.
    Either way, I think the true test of the cloaks' usefulness is to step into the shoes of a class and ask yourself whether you would spend a hoard of DKP on the cloak for that class. As a templar I would, as an inq I would bid like min DKP. Druids I think are treated even worse than inqs though!
  5. ARCHIVED-Dahmer Guest

Avirodar@Oasis wrote:
    It is made grp wide~ But you don't seem to comprehend that it will not benifit anyone in the grp unless your a tank.
    Again that stoneskin ONLY procs on melee attacks.
    Even in Pow content~ Yeah, your rocking two tanks in MT grp~ but that second tank is just there to eat the death touch, or to pick the name up from hate drops. They are only actually tanking the mob for maybe 10 seconds tops. To give you some addtional perspective we one pulled glokus the other night with an app tank in aids gear~ Because they were rarley tanking it. It really isn't that amazing, so stop trying to make it sound like it's better than it actually is.
    And also~ Several other classes are in the same postion as yours in terms of there myth cloaks, and i fully support them getting adjustments to their cloaks~ but if maintained unlimted power and even more grp utilty is what your begging for. Be real, That's just way to much.
  6. ARCHIVED-Karimonster Guest

Dahmer wrote:
    Nah, we don't stand behind mobs because they AE auto attack ever, right? That's just silly.....

Oh wait....
  7. ARCHIVED-Trinral Guest

Dahmer wrote:
    Some Templars complain when Inquisitors get shared (cleric) healing/defensive abilities, so splitting the myth cloak benefits to be defensive(Templar) and offensive(Inq) makes a lot of sense. It seems we do not agree on the value of 2% Flurry/SDA. A couple of expansions ago, that being group wide would have been amazingly hot. But now, it barely rates a blip on the scale. We're not talking 10% group wide... We're talking 2%. 1 in 50. Hardly game changing.

You are of the opinion that the power regen would be too much. All power to you. I beg to differ. It would simply be on par with what defilers and wardens do, which has not caused balance issues. Either way, if I was asked to pick, the Inquest modification would not be my first selection.
  8. ARCHIVED-Neonblue Guest

I can't believe this is the proc for th Inquisitor cloak. I am not looking forward to looting this at all, which of course means that they did a horrible job on the Mythical Cloak ability. Of course, I am sure by the time I get it there will be better cloaks out there anyway, but still.
    One I HATE these long recast, short term temp buffs, like on the Skyshrine crafted charms, they are not fun. Unless the proc is something very useful, like someone here brought up Spirit Tap, and I am sure there are a couple more.
    Second, there is no benenifit for being over the AE auto cap. If maybe 200% ae auto gave you two AE auto hits, maybe. But it doesn't, this proc won't even be that useful (of coure, most Berserkers are nodding their heads, saying your preaching to the choir).
    And what is Dahmer's problem? We are totally right their is a mythical cloak problem, throwing out sme suggestions, and he is in here constanly trolling and shooting down every idea. Its not helpful at all, and just adds a bunch of posts that will cause the devs to start igrnoing this thread now.
  9. ARCHIVED-Chalmo Guest

Dahmer wrote:
    Procs on successful melee attacks, then eats any damage — which can be completely insignificant (commonly) or massive (rarely) depending on luck. How you use your tanks in a dual tank group depends on the encounter and script; I wouldn't call it as clear cut as having a primary tank/backup tank for 10 % of the time on all fights and all setups.
    It can be argued that the templar cloak is not powerful enough either compared to the best ones (like Dirge). I guess that's reasonable, depending on how good you want the cloaks to be. I don't really have a strong opinion on how OP they need to be across all classes, as long as it's useful and balanced.
    The idea to give each class a unique and interesting element on the hardest to obtain items is a very good idea in principle. It's certainly superior to getting the same 0.6 CB/pot upgrades from every named on every tier of playing the game.
    If there's going to be more of that on future content, especially hard contested mobs, it might be a factor in making some of the more competitive people who have previously left the game and are retrying it to actually stay in the game. It might definitely stop some others from quitting.
    And this is why I'd rather see the good basic idea we have here get the proper implementation it deserves across all classes, every time it's done. Something that makes every player think "wow" when they see it.
  10. ARCHIVED-Enderbsd Guest

tomsky wrote:

I don't know where to even start with this thread. As Tomsky said, several cloaks are really really bad. Conjuror, Inqusitor, ect. Some are really really good (and should stay that way) Wizard, necro, ect.

Also the drop rate needs increased on the cloaks. Some (top end) guilds have been farming PoW for 6 months and even if the drop rate is 50% guilds will be in that zone for over a year before a handfull of people have cloaks.

What is the point of even making the gear and content if no one gets to use it before the next expansion?
  11. ARCHIVED-Sigmaz01 Guest

Enderbsd wrote:
    Wait so the myth cloaks from general are not 100% drop chance? lol...thats just gonna be a farming hell to get 26+ mains or so cloaks >.>
  12. ARCHIVED-Enderbsd Guest

could be even worse, could be 1 cloak per server period.

Not very motivating to keep progessing for all the guilds working their way into PoW is it?
  13. ARCHIVED-agovu Guest

Enderbsd wrote:
    The box the cloaks come in is Artifact tagged.
    Don't artifacts only drop one time per server?
  14. ARCHIVED-Trinral Guest

The Inq cloak giving a toggle-effect clicky, to make Fanatical Devotion proc of beneficial spell casts instead of attacks, would be a nice alternative to the current offering.
  15. ARCHIVED-Hennyo Guest

Avirodar@Oasis wrote:
    An effect like this seems like a reasonable suggestion to me. It's useful, doesn't seem over the top, and is unique to the class. On top of it all, I don't see an effect like this, stepping on another classes toes, which is important.
  16. ARCHIVED-diabloii Guest

From comparing cloaks, it almost seemd like they were trying to balance classes some, giving classes that are generally considered stronger like inquis sort of lame affects and the weaker counterpart like templar something more useful.
  17. ARCHIVED-Hennyo Guest

Loldawg@Nagafen wrote:
    While it does seem this was done to an extent, it still doesn't excuse completely horrible cloaks, like the inquistor one. Also the templar one isn't that good really, when you consider a few things. First off, the templar stoneskin buff only procs off of melee auto attack, only primary hit as well, at best you have two tanks in the mt group, so at best the buff doubled in usefulness. The only place the templar mythical cloak will REALLY SHINE, is in pvp, which is quite funny to me.
  18. ARCHIVED-Chronus1 Guest

\aITEM 512665082 -249160643:Guilded Cloak of War\/a So the cloaks can drop more than once (artifact one is just a reward for killing it server first). But the drop chance isn't exactly high so far it seems meaning classes like inquisitor, warlock, conjuror, druids etc will never have a decent a reason to go for these cloaks compared to a guardian, dirge, sk, pally etc.
  19. ARCHIVED-capricorn23 Guest

That inquisitor proc is one of the worste ive ever seen, and considering alot of high end clerics have 100% melee AoE self buffed..

I play a Illusionist and my proc is pretty horrible too, for roughly 12 seconds all the power i use if converted to the group after the time frame, and in that 12 seconds i can barely use any power at all, it's like one manaflow divided by 6 compared to a coercers groupwide manaflow, lol...
  20. ARCHIVED-Irgun Guest

At least yours is working - paladins one is broken entirely...