Inquisitor DPS

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Tllat, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Instagib New Member

Inquisitor DPS is a lot of work these days. It's either a decent 400-450mil or it's (no matter what skill rotation you use) a 25mil parse. It's very hit or miss for so much work. As a raid main inquisitor, I've honestly not had much fun playing one after experimenting with other classes.

Inquisitors are very melee dependent (max flurry, wdb, 2k+ dps mod, accuracy) as this xpac pretty much craps on melee stats, Inquisitors work a lot harder than others to DPS effectively. My inquisitor's ascension class is Thaumaturgist, so I don't have many damage ascension skills and can still pull off a decent 400mil parse solo healing heroics, it's just a TON of work..

Confirmed: Auto-Attack is a huge part of Inquisitor DPS. You want to hit the enemy on every swing!

In my opinion: Terrene Destruction didn't seem to help my parse at all. Even overcapping crit bonus up to 5k (with group buffs from others) it was not very impressive.
  2. Cunning Member

While I freely admit Terrene Destruction is very situational(especially when solo healing) if you aren't seeing it benefit your parse something is up. Are you letting it run the full 40 sec, and do you have something to hit the whole time? Also, what level have you managed to get it up too? Though even at apprentice, with the stats you're listing, it should be noticeable if it's getting used fully.
  3. badname912 Active Member

are u actually using your melee attack and not ranged? as all the autoattack damage comes straight from melee and not ranged. its not hard to dps on an inquisitor at all. so much u should actually top the healer specific dps parse.
    Alway likes this.
  4. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

I actually love the new Inquisitor. Back to roots. I wish I could use 2-hander though. Terene Destruction is also very powerfull with good mele stats. I saw some over a billion parcers with it, and my spells and stats were not capped yet.
  5. Alway Active Member

like he said, inq dps is mostly a mix of MELEE auto and ascension nukes

unfortunately, our actually class abilities are pretty much trash / filler buttons to click
  6. Tooloose Active Member

I personally think outside of the morality of whether or not to be a Templar or inquisitor, it's the plate armor. Yes appearance gear exists and the plate wearers can pretty much wear everything to cover it up, but I think the general community doesn't like plate armor due to it being so heavy or dense in their mind's eye. On top of that, when I think of Inquisitors, I think of the Spanish Inquisition, which then makes me think of inhumane acts of torture and mutilation. Which to me is why I love the Inquisitor. But might also be the same reason not everyone likes clerics. They're the most historically religious classes in game.

All in all... Who's to say? I personally think the Inquisitor is the most badass class in game. But that's because of the history behind the class name.

As for difficulty, I can't say I agree completely. With clerics and their cast time, it's really easy to get swamped if you're not paying attention and your e heals are down. Because of that I typically stay a couple paces ahead of the tank and keep pre heals going when I think there'll be a fight.

Honestly I think the mystic is the hardest healer. And not because of skill rotation or anything like that. But because when I play them, they feel weak.
  7. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

A typical mistake, a rumor created by some plolitical forces for propaganda. The rumor that became truth in the eyes of many people.
    First of all Inquisitors were Investigators, moreover they dealt with religious cases only. They never touched accused themselves. Torture was a legal tool of courts all over the Europe, it was a standart procedure. Inquisitors din't not judge or made verdict, they investigated, made their conclusion and then the case was moved to civil court. Pretty much like the police do now day.
    The amount of victims is also exagerated. Confiscation and money penalties were the usual sentences. Inquisition was here for over 700 years (actually it is still here but the department was renamed in 1908) and during that time fire took around 18 thousand people. Most of them were people dangerous to the regime or Church, like Giordano Bruno who put the whole system of christian values into question, created a teaching and was spreading it.
    Wich hunt is the same, basically women were made guilty to calm down people who began to ask why priests lived so good and common people did not.

Everything written above has nothing to do with Inquisitors dps in the game, but I think it's allways good to know some history:)

As for dps, it's actually moved a bit behind other classes, behind furies at least, after the last update. A huge boost to potency and ability mod was in favour of everyone but Inquisitors. I still like our numbers though.
  8. Tooloose Active Member

How strange... I don't remember saying the inquisitors themselves did the torturing. Only that they remind me of it.

For a person who claims their history as fact, you sure did make yourself look silly when you misinterpreted what you quoted from me. What a typical human mistake.

By the way, care to cite your sources? I'd love to see where you get your data. I'm certain that inquisitors have never picked up heated irons with intent to torture just like how I'm sure men of cloth don't molest children.

*Cough*
  9. Fleurs Active Member

If inquisitor dps is crap via auto attack it is because without modifier, your higher rating Epic 2.0 do less damage than your wand, even with same Delay. They halved melee auto attack damage by halve.