Inquisitor DPS

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Tllat, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Tllat New Member

Did not see a thread on this. Was wondering what high end raid Inq's are still out their and actively raiding. What kind of DPS they are doing?

Tallt
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

I don't think there currently ARE many high end raid inq's right now.
  3. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

Mermut is right, I am probably the only one high end raiding Inquisitor.:p

And dps has never been my priority: I wear mitigation gear, I lack dps stats and AAs. But the thing is we are at a very bad spot anyway. Huge potency buff made spells superior over combat arts; they never were very strong tbn, but right now they are obsolete. New damage procs are better then autoattack. I still use 2h-weapona and there are some reasons for it, but if you are min-maxing and fine with having and switching different weapons for different fights, 1h+shiled is better; simply because of two procs versus one. Crit bonus and wdb cap have played their part as well.

So to sum it up. Right now Inquisitor has probably the worst dps among healers. Even Templar can do more (Divine Punishment and Divine Light are very strong), though it would require more buttons.

As for numbers (just keep in mind I'm not fully dps speced and I switch some jewelry in raid):
    On hard fights, like hm Goortuk or Weeapon, I do around 20-25 ml. On solo mob encounters in the previous zones I'm around 35 ml I think, sometimes more..it depends on the setup and vc. On aoe encounters I can do up to 100 ml, but usualy it's around 50-60 ml.
  4. Erevis Cale Member

Kinda depends on what you consider "high end" because I'd include myself in this sort-of, but meh. And I do more than Beyoncia. Don't have exact numbers because I am at work and don't have my ACT files but I know it's higher. But like they said, it depends on group setup and vcs n such. And if I feel like caring. And if the lag is cooperating, and....etc..

People actually playing inquisitors as mains are rare at this point. I've looked through the top guilds and if they do have inquisitors, they're either alts or they are hidden on eq2u. Or (more likely) just don't exist.
  5. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

Nice to see there is another Inquisitor. It makes two of us now:p
  6. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

Just did Psyonists: 94 million; Devastation Strike 14 ml (15%) , Crush-8 ml (9%), Ward's bane-8 ml (9%), Exorcise-6.5 (7%) Heretic's doom-6.5 ml (7%), vc-5-ml (6%), Decesive strike 5 ml (6%). All combat arts together, including Intrrogation, hardly made 15% . Same as just one proc.
    Laiina likes this.
  7. Healious Active Member

Recently went full caster spec for the reasons already mentioned. 1 handers are the way to go at this point for procs. I only occasionally use my 2 hander for resolve reasons. But yeah we're in a bad spot atm. I do more dps on my defiler without trying too hard.
  8. Rapa New Member

People actually playing inquisitors as mains are rare at this point. I've looked through the top guilds and if they do have inquisitors, they're either alts or they are hidden on eq2u. Or (more likely) just don't exist.[/quote]
    My main Character is an inquisitor (Rapa) and i Raid him :p
  9. Rammz New Member

What do you think is the reason for the small number of Inquisitors? Personally, I've played a healer class in most MMOs the past 10 years or so, mostly through the end-game stuff, and I find Inquis among the most difficult classes to master - which is a good thing. Training your brain to think of damage avoidance with runes is very different than chain casting straight heals.

I'd be interested to hear what others think though?
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

Actually, with the changes to the left-side inqy prestige, most raids run with 1-2 inqys to keep max health up.

Aside from that, shaman are king to an extent I haven't seen since before. They've almost always been the strongest healers due to game mechanics, but I have never, before, seen a case where other healer classes were incapable of doing the job a shaman can. In the past it took more effort, some times MUCH more effort, but in many cases, now, it is impossible.
  11. Derfel Active Member

The potency bomb definitely changed the Inquisitor role in the game. All isn't doom and gloom though. The "hammer time" days of using reactives plus flurry and battle dressing to get the job done with ease are gone, but I'm still able to solo heal most of the heroics I've run so far. If a mob has a roid rage mode you may have to call 1 800 shaman, as no amount of stats will let you heal someone who has been one shotted through reactives plus fanatics protection. I raid I'm more of a utility + curer + supplemental heals than major medical, which keeps me busy. We might not be main heals anymore but I've yet to have a tank object to 10% damage reduction and 45% max health, or a dps ask me to leave the mobs mit and combat mit left at max.
  12. knine Well-Known Member

I know an inquisitor that pushes over 500 million in raid.. it can be done and inquisitors are right up there with wardens for DPS.
  13. Malleria Well-Known Member

The question is what is the parse breakdown like? ;) Good odds it's almost all ascension abilities.
  14. Cunning Member

Inquisitors actually don't fall fully into the potency>all formula that most classes do. With their epic spell, melee stats matter. There is actually a good chance that a large chunk of the parse on a high DPS inq is coming from auto attack.
  15. Daryl Member

So those who are parsing well as inquisitors, how are ya'll statting to get decent numbers? Like Cunning said, I'm assuming a lot of it is coming from Auto attack and auto attack stats, but am curious as a comprehensive breakdown.
  16. Cunning Member

It's about what you'd expect. Cap crit bonus, wdb, ae, and flurry. 200+ multi attack and 2k+ DPS mod. You'll also want your weapon skill upwards of 2k. If you're counting on auto attack you can't afford to miss. All that, and the epic spell at ancient (assuming you've can get very lucky with the drops) should have your normal swings hitting pretty hard. Think mine lists as 2 to 4 mil in the character sheet. Actual outgoing to the mob I'd have to look up, but it's significant. It'll also help any other melee in your group.
  17. Alway Active Member

Inq dps is Auto attack and ascension nukes, nothing else does a ton of dps
  18. Alway Active Member

also have heard Terrene Destruction or w/e and epic buff with 2300 dps and capped wdb. is a ton of dps
  19. Observing Active Member

So, does the half of the epic buff that affects the group affect mercs or other people's pets?
  20. Malleria Well-Known Member

Yes to mercs, and yes to pets. Just keep in mind it only affects auto attacks, which may or may not be their main source of damage.