Inquisitor Discussion

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Davito, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Davito Active Member

Guess I will just post to start the thread.
    MarcMc likes this.
  2. Lleskia New Member

I've got a lvl 24ish inquis, any suggestions on AA builds for her? I'm really wanting to run her as a full on battle cleric and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    MarcMc likes this.
  3. Leeroy 16 year vet. Forum lurker. Altaholic.

As you said, battle cleric (which is the only viable choice for an inquisitor), and also in cleric tree take Steadfast (far left line, bottom ability). This will enable you to stand still and cast heals/cures/whatever and not be interrupted unless you are knocked back. That starts the two-second timer again. Go down other cleric lines that have multi attack (battle fervor) and autoattack multiplier (severe judgment) and critical chance (inspired renewal). The WIS line contains two handy AAs, first one is an encounter AOE that cannot be resisted; the second is a damage proc.

In the Inquisitor tree, besides each combat art (there are five), and battle cleric AA itself, be sure you max out fervent faith for faster reuse. This little spell will break you free of control effects except charm. VERY handy tool!

As you gain AA points and levels you'll gain certain abilities like Fanaticism that have an AA for enhancement; in its case power usage reducer (important).

Also, I recommend for soloing a 2 handed weapon, as the inquisitor's damage is weighted toward damage spread especially as you get more crit chance and crit bonus/potency. Those need raising anyway as they are what will determine the size of your heals (WIS doesn't do that, but it does help increase dps). You can use a onehander/shield combo in groups for the stats and if you plan to take the Shield Ally AA in the cleric tree (without a shield you won't be blocking attacks for the tank).

Hope this helps a bit!
    MarcMc and toves like this.
  4. Fleurs Active Member

You can copy my AAs on http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/aas/1297081084995t , these are my inquisitor AAs, extremely offensive while still having lot of healing AAs.
  5. Tigerr Well-Known Member

The person that was asking was a level 24 Inquisitor. There is NO reason for them (or you, unless you are running bunch of AoE zones) to have exorcise. The damage "increase" from it is minimal. At level 24, you want to max out the intelligence side, will give you a good casting speed base and give you "Divine Recovery" which will be completely useless by the time you get to max level. Those points into the health increases are much more worth it than the offensive skill reductions. Steadfast for the stun immunity and Divine recovery line for the casting speed at lower levels is 100% legit. For lower levels the AA into the single target heals might be beneficial as your choices are limited but, at higher levels all of those AA are just pointless. (Specially 10 points into reuse while you'd be at 95% without it).

http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/2168961456861
    Is my spec. For the lower levels, put points into Fervent faith ( You'd have no need for it by the time you are max level). I'd also go down the Intelligence line for that 15% casting speed. Might have to chance stuff around obviously but, offensive wise this is what you'd be aiming for.
  6. Foosbooty New Member

I have been told that SK is the best merc for an Inquisitor. But being of the good persuasion and not wanting to go through the hoops to get one, what would be the next best one? Berserker from Gorowyn? Paladin from Qeynos? A dps merc? Not really sure which way to go.
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

For most content, except some of the harder dungeons, an inquisitor doesn't need a merc.
  8. Foosbooty New Member

While I appreciate that you replied, it didn't answer my question. I didn't ask if I needed a merc, I asked which one would be best with the consideration that I don't want to or can't get one from the evil side.

And this would be mostly for use in the harder dungeons or, in some cases, to burn through mobs quicker.
  9. Silzin Active Member

pre 90+ i would recommend the Necro or Conj for dps and power. for needing help tanking get the Monk or Pally. the monk has more health but the Pally holds agro better then anything.

Edit: after you get to 90+ i think a tank is best for that.
  10. Occam Well-Known Member

I'd say that unless you have the CoE CE pally merc, the SK is by far your best bet.
    She's really easy to get even if you're on good faction since she's really close to the entrance when you first zone into Neriak.
  11. The Jones Active Member

Most people seem to say the SK is the best all purpose tank, but yeah the paly merc is the best for holding aggro. The monk merc does the best single target dps and should hold aggro against single target stuff fine until you are in end game gear. The monk is also great at using his heal as a death save (much much better than the paly uses heals)
  12. Rael Member

If you don't want to get one from the evil side I would have to agree with Silzin and go with conj. I got the necro purely for extra power (and not expecting him to be that great for anything else) and I wouldn't swap him for anything right now, he does immense damage, though he can be a little squishy and for some reason doesn't seem to receive heals that well (that's probably something on my end).

But yeah, as it's class opposite I would give conj a go.

(just a note my inq is lvl 60)