Inquisitor AA Setup. Please comment and critique

Discussion in 'Inquisitor' started by ARCHIVED-Eskol, May 7, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Eskol Guest

Here is my projected goal for AA. (Currently I am at 271, so I have a little ways away)

AA Setup

If you have any questions or suggestions feel free to let me know. I think it's a good setup and so far It's been pretty solid. (Just now started to put points into Heroic).
  2. ARCHIVED-ditch28 Guest

There is alot that should be changed. Your trying to be a Templar.
  3. ARCHIVED-Eskol Guest

Ok, lol what does that mean? I've never played a templar...I don't know what it means to be a templar.

Show me what you'd change, show me what I am doing wrong, make suggestions. Please?

Is this better?

Still Unsure AA Setup

P.S.
    Don't just say it's bad, tell me what is bad, tell me what I should change. I want suggestions, not linear answers.

Thanks
  4. ARCHIVED-ditch28 Guest

I shall clarify reply. This feedback is in regards to your follow-up spec.

Cleric Tab:
    Inquisitors do not spec for Divine Recovery. It is not as useful as it used to be. Everyone who is anyone is going to be at the casting speed cap (or higher) already.
    Shield Ally is an all or nothing type thing. Put 10 points into it, or dont put any.
    In general, if we are not spam healing, we are expected to dps, you lowered your dps alot to get Divine Recovery.
    Try This

Inquisitor Tab:
    Dont spec Enhance: Verdict. It is 1 rank, but it costs 5 AA points, and is not worth it. Wait til the correct mob health percentage before using it.
    Chilling Inquiry is a must for any Inquisitor.
    Try This

Shadows Tab:
    Max health and Diety pet bonus is best, but not a big deal at all.
    Your not going to want to spec for reuse on your resurrections here, between what you spec'd in the Inquisitor tree and your reuse from gear, they will be at the reuse cap.
    Very glad to see you shed Sacrifice in the follow-up spec :)
    I would not spec Devout Incapacition, since we did not spec for it in the Inquisitor tree. If we had, then both together would be ok.
    We can move the points out of Vile Recovery, since we did not spec for Divine Recovery in the Cleric tree.
    Do not put points into Despotic Healing, since the spell it enhances (Fanactical Healing) gets replaced with Prestige points.
    Try This - the only way i could fill out the Shadows Tree is to put points in the other trees.

Heroic Tab:
    Attribute Prowess will be a better choice, not that it is good, its that the other choices are that bad.
    For classes that swing a weapon for a living, crit bonus is a better choice over potency.
    Divine Armor looks good on paper, bad in reality.
    Final Spec Choices

There you go.
  5. ARCHIVED-ditch28 Guest

For those who do not like Shield Ally, and like to rock a 2handed weapon (including me).
    Cleric Tree
    In the end of the Heroic tree, Equilibrium is an amazing ability to have. It will not save a fighter, so if you are in the MT or OT groups its not as useful. When we are put in a mage or scout group though, it can be very nice. Just wished it lasted a bit longer.
  6. ARCHIVED-Eskol Guest

Ok, I have a few questions.
    -On the Cleric tree you have the AoE blocker, but it only shields one ally, I found that to be extremely dissapointing and that is entirely the reason I didn't go for it. The only way I can see using that is if I use it on myself...I mean I could use it on others, but it's hard guessing who is gonna take an AE next.
    -In the Shadows Tree, why go with both healing and offensive stance? I've never been in a group where I didn't have to heal my butt off...the reductions to the heals would be a huge problem...Also Litany of Combat doesn't take effect while you are in a healing stance, and the Epic Reprecussion counts as a healing stance from what I understand. (I state's it is a healing stance in the description.)
    -In the shadows you spec'd for reuse, but you said that reuse speed will be capped through gear. Why not take the potency that will increase your heals and your dps?
    -Also in the shadows, you chose 10 in ret, and 8 in DG. Why? I know that more DPS is nice, and Inquisitors are a DPS'ing priest. But healing and support comes first, DPS second.
  7. ARCHIVED-ditch28 Guest

Eskol wrote:
    1 Im not a fan of the AoE blocker, and I dont spec for shield ally very often. If your going to spec for shield ally, the AoE blocker is only 1 point, and yes 95% of the time it will be on yourself.

2 I am in offensive stance 99.9% of the time. In some of the tougher fights raiding, I might switch to heal stance. That is very seldom. Offensive stance reduces healing much less than you think. If you are spam healing every fight, there is something else wrong. Your tank is undergeared, or you are undergeared. Epic repurcussion (myth buff) is a seperate buff that is on all the time, in either offensive or heal stance.

3 They will be capped on spells that you spent AA points to reduce the reuse, plus add your item reuse. Other things will still need reuse. Once you get to the cap, without the AA spent in the heroic tree, by all means, put the points elsewhere. On a side note, some mobs will debuff your reuse.

4 The difference between 8 and 10 points in buffing DG is pretty minimal. If you are relying on DG to do your healing, again there is a different issue, that is not related to your AA spec.
  8. ARCHIVED-KniteShayd Guest

Remeo@Oasis wrote:
    That Cleric tree is what My Inq is shooting for :)
  9. ARCHIVED-Eskol Guest

I am undergeared. I don't have ANY raid gear, I am not able to go on SS groups because everyone says my HP is too low (41k). I keep getting told that I won't be able to solo heal without more HP...I can't even get the access quest done.

*On a side note*
    I rarely parse higher than 15k, currently I'm at 293 aa, I know I need to work on getting those last few AA's, but I can't solo quite like an SK, I can't do mass pulls and kill them quickly. The only time that works somewhat is when I use Chilling Invig, but still that only procs 10 times. :/
  10. ARCHIVED-ditch28 Guest

Do you have access to Colossal Reactants? The different items that can be made, are still viable options until you start getting the access quest rewards and/or Skyshrine raid loot. Some of the heroic dropped jewelry is pretty sweet upgrades too.
  11. ARCHIVED-peevsieleah Guest

Remeo@Oasis wrote:
    False. Most people put 8 points into SA just to get to HS because HS is basically a must have. Especially for raiding. I have no idea why/how you both think the AoE blocker isn't useful. I only cast it on myself if I don't have a scout in my group. Otherwise scouts get it. Get aoe timers then cast the blocker on them before the aoe hits so they don't have to joust. Not jousting makes scouts happy.
  12. ARCHIVED-peevsieleah Guest

Also just realized this thread is a month old, oops.
  13. ARCHIVED-ditch28 Guest

Valid points made are the "get out of jail free" card for necroing threads. Even though its not quite old enough to be called a necro. You bring up a good point about the AoE blocker. My main is a scout, and to not have to joist would be nice. But... I dont like spending so many points just to get to the AoE blocker. If in the future i find a 1 hand weapon and a shiled i like, i just might spec for it.
  14. ARCHIVED-peevsieleah Guest

I assure you that you're not getting that much dps from Exorcise. Don't wear a 1h + Shield unless you're solohealing an OT who's tanking like 5+ adds at once. That is the only thing that warrants wearing a shield. Don't get hung up on the fact that you're speccing shield ally. That part doesn't matter. The AoE block matters. Put 8 points at the bottom to increase duration and reduce the reuse. Currently mine is 40 second duration with 45 Sec reuse (which starts whenever it wears off). That is a lot of not jousting.
  15. ARCHIVED-ditch28 Guest

Because of my superb forum skills, I cross posted a response in the wrong thread. Hopefully I put this in the right thread. :)

I appreciate the insight. You have definately talked me into it. I will give it a whirl. For the record though, I dont use Exorcise. Looks cool on paper, but way too much cost for so little benefit.