Initial hit of Winds of Velious does not land (Conjuror)

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by echooo, Sep 16, 2021.

1. echooo Member

[IMG]The tooltip for winds of velious says that it does a larger initial hit of damage, and then to follow it up, a smaller, damage over time, landing every few seconds, for 33 seconds. However when you cast this spell, the initial hit will only be the first tick of the dot, and then continue to tick for 33 seconds. The initial, larger hit simply doesn't exist.[IMG]
    Beee likes this.
  2. Beee Well-Known Member

3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Winds of Velious isn't even worth casting UNLESS you need to interrupt a mob. I have it on a hotbar solely for that reason.

One thing that can help your DPS a LOT is to calculate out a cast order. Using Excel (or Open Office's version, or Google docs version) jot down the name of every spell that's current (i.e., sort your Knowledgebook Spells tab by "highest level only"). Add in your Ascension spells that do damage.

Gear up and self-buff. Then open your Knowledgebook, and right click then Examine each spell to get its stats. Your sheet should have these columns:
    • AbilityName
    • CastTime
    • MinDmg
    • MaxDmg
    • TickMinDmg
    • TickMaxDmg
    • TickDuration
    • Sec/Tick
    • #Ticks
    • AOE
    • Efficiency
    Notes:
    • Under Cast Time, if the spell is insta-cast, I usually put in 0.001
    • Under AOE, for blue AOEs, I put 5, for green AOEs I put 3
    • For MinDmg, MaxDmg, TickMinDmg, TickMaxDmg, TickDuration, and Sec/Tick, fill in the info from each spell's Examine window.
    • #Ticks is caculated as [(Duration ÷ Sec/Tick) + 1] (round to a whole number)

You also need to know your Recovery Time, Fervor, Potency, and Crit Bonus

Efficiency is (more or less):
    (((MinDmg+MaxDmg)/2)+((TickMin+TickMax)/2)*#Ticks)*(1.5+Crit Bonus/100))*((1+Fervor)/100))/(RecoveryTime+CastTime)

Undoubtedly someone will come along and say my calc is off-base, but won't give their version of the "correct formula". At any rate, this will give you at least an IDEA of the efficiency of each spell. Arrange them in descending Efficiency order and that's pretty much your cast order.

You WILL have to use Advanced Combat Tracker (ACT) to figure out some damage amounts, especially for stuff like your swarm pets.
    Beee likes this.
  4. Beee Well-Known Member

Tested it again: No initial hit, just really a lot of small hits.. would guess it's a LAG-producing spell if it would work ;)
  5. echooo Member