Inheritance merchant

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Schmetterling, Aug 9, 2022.

1. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

please o please give us back those inheritance merchants on the live servers.
    only today I went out to do a quest that is all under water and realized I had no underwater breathing whatsoever on that toon, don't tell me I can just get those totems, you will drown once they run out, if your far under the waves, because it takes time for the next totem to be ready for use.
    Do you really want to force a level 120 toon to do the fishbone earing quest level 30?

It also would have been nice to get some warning too.
  2. Maviarab Active Member

Shady dealer on Nek dock will have all your old items like that for sale as long as you have had them in the past.
    Aterskia likes this.
  3. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Those are for toons who have run the quests, the merchants were for toons who haven't run the quests.
    Schmetterling and Aterskia like this.
  4. Maviarab Active Member

Ahhh...then it that case, glad they are gone then. Want the item, suck up the quest, regardless of level.
  5. Banewrath New Member

I believe the merchant being there or not, wouldn`t change the way you personally play the game. So... I`m curious why you would be against something that you wouldn`t even be in the equation for if you chose not to use it.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  6. Maviarab Active Member

Curious as to how you can't possibly not understand why...

Tell you what, with that line of thinking, maybe everything pre-VoV should just be given to us with no effort on our part huh? Hell, why not just start everyone at 120 while they are it? In fact why stop there, why even do the last 5 levels ourselves, get someone else to play it for you?
    Holdolin likes this.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

heck they took down those merchants when the date for the transfer tokens was not even announced yet for Kaladim.
    at the beginning we were given a deal. but I guess they can take out whatever they want.
    If you Devs are not willing to return those merchants, at least remove all those credits for items that are crowding up my cash window.
    and getting a bag with 56 and another with 58 slots for sure changes MY game play.
    People who play on those TLE servers pay for it.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  8. Tkia Well-Known Member

Why not stop arguing about a game mechanic that you obviously neither know nor understand before you dig yourself in any deeper?.
    Jesaine likes this.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Other merchants from other events are still up.
    I belief it's all about not wanting to figure out how to keep a function on most servers and exclude them on others.
    They did it when Tarinax came out, (no inheritance merchant there)
    But when Varsoon came out it suddenly was a problem..
    Rosyposy likes this.
  10. Tkia Well-Known Member

Huh? I suggest you try a re-translate. I wasn't arguing against your point but against one of your detracters that was telling you to suck it up ...
    Schmetterling and Jesaine like this.
  11. Jesaine Well-Known Member

No good deed goes unpunished.
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ooh sorry Tkia
    I totally misunderstood you. I just reread the last posts and I was so wrong, and I fixed my respond.
    Twyla likes this.