Fixed Internally Ingame Mail Postbox at Thurgadin screwed

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Wishbringer, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Wishbringer New Member

With two accounts I don't have access to my ingame postboxes (waiting for ingame questmails).
    Recognized at Server Thurgadin, don't know if other servers are affected too.
    2020-12-20 13:00-14:05 GMT+1
  2. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Cannot receive ingame mail from NPC to advance a quest on Maj'Dul either. "You are unable to take gifts from messages at this time" in bright yellow. With out this 'gift', the quest Tiptoe Through the Shadows will not update.

Several others are having this same issue on this server.
    12/21 12:07 CST
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  3. Xille Member

Also happening on Halls of Fate. Mailed a recipe book to an alt who is unable to claim it. "You are unable to take gifts from messages at this time."
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  4. Zylara Well-Known Member

On HoF I mailed a friend a spell she needed, when she received the mail it was empty, thought it had gotten lost in the system, luckily enough when I logged back on the crafter who sent it, it was back in my bag (so this time she came and fetched it instead lol)
    WhysperWynde and Breanna like this.
  5. Celan Active Member

Server: MajDul
    Issue: Retrieving an attachment from an in-game mail does not work
    Error Message: "You are unable to take gifts from messages at this time"

already tried:
    - retrieving the attachment by accessing mail via the EQ2 button (with screenshot) - not working
    - retrieving mail attachment by accessing mail via an actual mail box (with screenshot) - not working
    - put in a /petition with the above screenshots attached
    - put in a /bug report with as much info as possible, giving the petition # for reference purposes to see the screenshots
    - swapped to Standard UI - didn't help
    - verified game assets - didn't help
    - cleared out cache - didn't help
    - cleared out asset cache - didn't help
    - cleared out login-cache- didn't help

For testing purposes I made a brand new FTP account on MajDul with a lvl 1 named "Mailtesting" in Frostfrang.
    He has an in-game mail with a letter "Gameplay Poll" as attachment from the EQ2 Development Team.
    Opening this mail and trying to retrieve the attachment to take the poll results in the error message: "You are unable to take gifts from messages at this time"
    Maybe feedback isn't really wanted that bad..............
  6. Bellamorte Active Member

I am having the same issue. Several guildies are unable to advance quests etc because they cannot get the mail.
  7. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Just checked and still not working. It would be nice to see some type of acknowledgement from a dev on this.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Well, I know some of the mail problems on Maj'Dul happened this weekend when there's no customer service. Have you folks opened a Support Ticket for help?
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  9. Ratalthor Developer

This should be fixed? Is it still happening for anyone?
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Celan Active Member

As of Monday, 12/21, 4pm EST---11pm PST---10pm GMT+1--- it is working for me.
    Thank you.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  11. Bellamorte Active Member

I tested and its working for me, haven't heard from any guildies that were having the issue yet.
  12. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Thank you. Yes, I was able to accept the mail and can move on with the quest. Much appreciated.
    WhysperWynde likes this.