Information regarding Expansion and DLC Pack Purchases

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Dexella, Aug 10, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-njade Guest

I would like to know, how can I get a refund for Station Cash I bought in order to buy next x-pac with it. I am not going to spend SC for any fluff items.
    I would like to get my money back pls. On all 4 accounts.
  2. ARCHIVED-theriatis Guest

Hi,
    is it possible to gift someone the Expansions ?
    Regards, theriatis.
  3. ARCHIVED-Trinral Guest

theriatis wrote:
    No it is not.
  4. ARCHIVED-General_Info Guest

Kaylakaze wrote:
    This is why they are changing it. like you i purchased SC on a double SC weekend however i didn't buy the expacs on a half-price day. i spent 1000 free SC along with $25 and i got both expansions.
    If you dont own ether expansions and you dont mind the standard edition the two day half-price sale is a good deal buying both for $30 (or less if you have SC from double, triple SC weekends or rebate sales)
  5. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

And what about those of us that stocked up on SC for the expansion this fall? I do not need any of the expansions that are current for any of my three remaining accounts and there is nothing else on the marketplace that I would buy.
  6. ARCHIVED-Otatop Guest

Dexella wrote:
    You seem to have an asterisk on this... whats that about? Leave something out or is it a typo?
  7. ARCHIVED-Katz Guest

Avirodar@Oasis wrote:
    That seems a better solution.
  8. ARCHIVED-General_Info Guest

removing expacs from the marketpalce is a much simpler change then splitting the SC into two types. Besides they can still run half price sales on the expansions through RMT.
  9. ARCHIVED-zehly Guest

I totally get your move here. Makes perfect sense. Closing a loop hole that you should have never had in the first place, but that was also difficult to avoid not having. Triple SC Weekend + 50% Weekend = Bad Business (tm) for subscriptions and expansions. Works great on the fluff items, the consumables, etc. All I ask is that since you want to be "aggressive", could you please get "aggressive" in marking down those prices on said consumables (vitality, XP, and research-time reduction, please). I don't mind paying full price for an expansion. Love the game. Don't mind ya charging my credit card monthly, either. All for it. But please make the grind less painful, and give me more sexy instant gratification.
  10. ARCHIVED-Rectale Guest

Dexella wrote:
    You are in all honesty the worst 'entertainment' company I have ever had the misfortune to be involved with.
  11. ARCHIVED-nixhoPe3 Guest

Newb question: What, exactly, constitutes a DLC pack with regards to EQ2? I was trying to see if there is some kind of list for this, but I can't seem to find one.
    And in my opinion, I am rather frustrated by the decision to unilaterally remove the ability to use SC cards for both subscriptions and expansions. I can see their point about losing money on them due to SC Double/Triple promotions, but if they are going to continue those promotions, why don't they save the Expansion sales for those with Credit Cards and allow SC purchases at full price. I truly would not mind paying full price for these options, as long as it is in SC.
    As it stands, I do not use a credit card. I use a debit for bills and essentials only. I am unwilling to add a card of either type, so any real money I would pay into the game is SC. (I have seen all the arguments about how 'easy' it is to get a prepaid, and I don't feel that arguing my particular difficulties about that is relevant or necessary. I should not be forced to pay in a way that I do not choose for a 'play your way' game.)
    In summation, are they going to at least allow me to buy the expansions from other sources, like a box store, or am I going to be out of luck with the next expansion?

*Side note... I would feel happier if I knew a red name was, at minimum, reading the replies from their customer base. Please, just let me know the voices are being heard.
  12. ARCHIVED-Hirofortis Guest

nixhoPe3 wrote:
    DLC us another game. They are just saying they are removing the abiltiy to buy xpacs from all there games. And I agree, I don't mind paying the full price for the xpacs, but the SC made it really nice. But don't have any reason to buy sc cards now so hope they enjoy the loss of sales. Flavor of the week fluff garbage is not somethign I care about.
  13. ARCHIVED-viper491 Guest

This hasn't started yet, but I can't seem to locate the option to pay via SC for the expansions...this true for anyone else? (On my account with an All Access pass, I can only pay cash, while my regular sub account can pay with SC...what gives?)
  14. ARCHIVED-Fyrion Guest

This is so lame. I bought SC so I could purchase my game that way. I pretty much have no reason to purchase station cash any longer. Are you a F2P game or not?
  15. ARCHIVED-Iad Guest

Fyranaer@Everfrost wrote:
    Lucky for them, their slogan "f2p your way" can easily be changed to "f2p our way".
    A lot of us are in the same boat of only having the option of buying stuff we don't want with our SC.
  16. ARCHIVED-Regolas Guest

I think it's a rash move removing all products gold members want from the marketplace. First subs, now xpacs. Now very few gold subscribers will buy any SC. Noone cares about the other things.
  17. ARCHIVED-Wingrider01 Guest

Regolas wrote:
    disagree with you simply on a business level - they are a for profit company, the choices seem to have been, remove any and all promotions for increased station cash or remove the items that they take a pure loss on becasue of these promotions. Business logic 101 - sell items for a profit to help pay the bills and development costs. Loss leaders int eh current economic environment do not make sense at all.
    I know gold subscribers that will continue to purchase the items that are released on the market place, it will not deter them in the least, removeing the specials on station cash purchasing in itself would impact them greatly though.
  18. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

Fyranaer@Everfrost wrote:
    Same here.
  19. ARCHIVED-tomsky Guest

Simple Solution:
    Don't do Double SC weekends, only do Half price SC sales on specific items you want to.
    That way, you are ALWAYS getting the same amount of money when someone buys the expansion via SC, or via RL currency.
    Removing it from SC sales, is just going to lead to less people buying it, and you will lose out more.
    I'm sure 99% of people would rather that SC and Subs were available via SC, than the double SC days we get.
  20. ARCHIVED-Cottontiel Guest

Wingrider01 wrote:
    Like some other people have mentioned, I don't blame them for doing this, even if the expansions probably should cost less by now or at least be on more frequent sales - maybe once a month? two months? Something like that.
    If you're like me and just hoard subscription freebie SC or have a few bucks laying around when a double/triple bonus sale starts, then you're pretty much able to buy the expansions at either for pretty much no cost, or a major discount.
    I agree with Wingrider01 on the topic about some golds not being hindered, as both a RL buddy of mine and I are gold with our accounts, and while this will suck for future xpack/dlc purchases since we aren't too keen on giving out our CC/debit info, it's in no way hindering us from playing the game.

We prefer the double/triple station cash bonuses because then we can buy a bit of SC, get more SC from bonus, then have that in SC wallet to use at our leisure.

Sure, while some (or to certain people, all) items in the marketplace may be useless fluff, I like being able to pop onto the marketplace and purchase something on a whim.

On another note though - is it possible for one to just go out and buy one of the prepaid cc/debit cards that are able to be used online as an alternative method of payment?