Information about Races/Classes on Website

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Bearoco, Mar 14, 2022.

1. Bearoco Active Member

Long time player, but I don't post a whole lot. Been playing a lot of FF14 lately, but I wanted to introduce some friends to the game for the upcoming new TLE server. I'm looking everywhere on the website just to find some basic descriptions of classes, available races, etc., and I'm not finding this information anywhere. Am I just missing this? If this doesn't exist, I feel like having this basic information available on the website would be wonderful to get brand new people into the game. Even if it's a paragraph, a couple images, or a GIF, or something, anything.

Again, maybe I'm just missing it, but if not, I feel like it should be something Darkpaw should add.
    Carynn and Twyla like this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

How about the Wiki? Right there on the front page are links to discussions of races, classes, and more. Bookmark it!
    Twyla likes this.
  3. Ubertino New Member

I agree with you, Bearoco! Sure, wiki is a useful tool for more in depth information but, IMHO, if a company does not feel the need to publish some 'topical' info about their product to attract customers, then that company should not be in business anymore. Point of fact... walking around a store and if there is a sign with the picture and name of a product (even a product I might want), and it says "For more information, scan this QR code"... I will never buy that product because that company can't even show the interest in providing up front info.
    Daybreak, or whoever they might be now, don't have to write novels on each class, etc... but they should at least TRY and look like they are interested in bringing in new blood.

I only still play EQ2 now because I started way back in EQ1 so have followed the progression. Yes I still enjoy 'most' aspects of the game but if I was just starting getting into MMORPG (or whatever the term is) and I looked at the EQ/EQ2 website, I would absolutely not bother with it.

As you said, just some basic info on the different aspects and that might be enough to catch my interest and THEN I might look at more in depth sites.
    Twyla likes this.