Info on server.

Discussion in 'PvP TLE Discussion' started by Redban, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Redban New Member

Hey!

I never played on tlp pvp server in EQ2 so i wonder if most classes
    and races will be playable from start? What will the level cap be at start and
    how will the server progress?

Thanks
  2. Frostfang Member

24 of the 26 classes will be playable. Beastlord and Channeler are banned from TLE.

All races are playable.

The beta server starts in the Kingdom of Sky expansion at lvl 70 but the developers have yet to confirm what expansion the non-beta server will launch in.

No information on how the server will progress has been provided but I'm assuming they will progress through expansions within a matter of months.
  3. Redban New Member

Ah thanks alot for the info!=)

Just my luck since i wanted to try out a beastlord :p But now i know and can plan accordingly, thanks!
  4. TORR071 New Member

why are beastlords and channelers banned from TLE?
    reason i ask is i came back and was practicing on a beastlord, so.. dammit.
  5. For The Server!!!! New Member

because they weren't released on live by that point in time, they would be very unbalanced as is common with those two classes.
    Siren likes this.
  6. Siren Well-Known Member

Yeah, they'd be fun and I'd play them too, just for kicks, if they were there. However, the devs tried that on an early TL (Fallen Gate?) and they were way too OP for the TL-tuned vanilla and the early expansions. Their spell book drops are usually still in the game on the TLs, which is even more of a poke in the eye, :p but they're just vendor trash.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Only the devs know, my guess is because It would take time and effort to get them balanced for pvp.
  8. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

can they be traded in for other masters on the pvp server? I forget exactly how that worked, seems like it had to be opposite faction. We should definitely check if BL/channeler masters can be exchanged thru that NPC, and feedback it during beta if not.
  9. Frostfang Member

Spellbook trading with an npc? I've never heard of that and it certainly doesn't exist on TLE servers.
  10. Fokus New Member

In 2006, when PvP servers were introduced, factions were restricted in their choice of classes. For Keynos, there were good classes, for Freeport, there were evil classes. Accordingly, the corresponding NPCs were supplied to exchange M1 scrolls of opposite classes.
  11. Spectre Active Member

They did not implement that master exchange program until later on, but I did disco Lich from trading a pally master =)
    Sixgauge likes this.