Incomplete scrolls

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Kioske, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Kioske Well-Known Member

So these recipes don't have typos, it actually takes 10 of these scrolls to make a single spell? As rare as they are, with all due respect, are you kidding me? Why not just make them the same as the expert/GM versions where it just takes one?
    Earar, DoomDrake and captainbeatty451 like this.
  2. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

The only explanation is that they want players to get frustrated so that they will upgrade their ascended spells with DBC.
  3. Kioske Well-Known Member

It's been pay to win all expac. No surprise. What are the odds on getting 10 of those things to even be able to make the spell? 10 of the same one...
  4. Flamace Active Member

They know how to screw with us.
  5. semisus Does not play this game

As far as i know , the 10 pages ( master - adept ) aint in game yet so we dont even know how rare they are , but yea unless its something we can buy from a vendor we are pretty much screwed on these , i got one of the first day of experts and was pretty exicited i got one for my main ascension and it was a upgrade i needed
  6. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

I haven't seen single page drop (to be fair I did not seen single fragment either or single piece of rare loot from PQ regard of almost 200 runs)
    This is bait btw - you still going to pay for your ascending with $$$ :)
  7. semisus Does not play this game

This is ridiculous .Getting 10 of the same pages ..1-11 chance to get one you need and then times 2 since there adept and master version so thats 1-22 times 10
    Ive actully run a decent number of expert and i have 4 same pages in one but its not the one i need.. not every expert rewards you a page so your talking 500+ experts to get 10 pages? Is this really intended?
  8. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

yes and answer is 1000+
  9. semisus Does not play this game

Well this just me off , why should i buy dbc to upgrade my ascensions if i cant even make/scribe the ones i actully get from playing?
    I will not be buying DBC until this is fixed.
  10. Ansom Active Member

Well, is not broken.. the new 2 tier have +- the same expert/journment drop rate.. ridiculous low, but since the new ascension spell are very very strong, is kinda ok. But.. Player should't be able to buy all upgrade with DBC, lol or at least, not all once, in a single day.

Is like... at least a year for full upgrade (gm) a ascension class, Vs 5min and.. 600 dollars? lol...
  11. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Well for one to be able perform well on T4/expert raid content (from my personal very limited experience) experts just not cut in
    Other reason game in dying - there are not enough player base to support revenue flow for new x-pack development so we oughta help with our wallets to keep game afloat
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

I'm not spending $80 a spell... that's not 'helping the game along'.. that's an entire CE expac's cost per spell....
    Beee, Pixilicious and -Soteria- like this.
  13. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

And shouldn't :) that's not how DBG envision your progression
    Here is few rules I drawn myself so far
    a) Its been assumed that you will be able get all your journeymen scrolls via drops or via plat (soon or later), Journeymen give you huge jump compare to apprentice
    b) adepts give you very insignificant gain compare to journeymen scrolls hence it not been expected that you will push for adepts right away - given market value of pages 1 adept will cost you A LOT more then 1 expert spell :) so naturally this step EXPECTED to be paid with DBC (980 or so for members) but see (c)
    c) Experts are giving huge boost compare to adepts and this level sort of entry level of real capability of ascending spells - all nukes and nuke-like abilities are DOUBLE damage of apprentice. Oddly experts DO drops - not often but do. So it is expected that for general population of subs you will pay for your adept only after you get expert scroll.
    d) Some ppl naturally PGers so those likely will pay up straight from journeymen to expert upgrade (about 2k DBC)
    e) Masters (oddly) again not so much of upgrade compare to Experts - thus same you are NOT expected to upgrade to master UNLESS you got your hands onto GM scroll (which is raid drop) and those are reveal true potential of Ascending skills because they are x3 of apprentice and actually been able affect T4/expert raid mobs. Upgrade from Expert to Master will cost you about 2k DBC
    Summary it been expected that casuals will stop at journeymen level and this IS sufficient to run regular heroics and looks nice on parse. Semi-hard cores expected to upgrade their primary class at least to Expert level which will cost about 980 DBC per ability (assuming natural progression) Hard cores and raider EXPECTED to have GM version of number of abilities which will cost with natural progression around 3K per skill. Problem thou that natural progression rarely happens :) hence in reality - semi hard cores will have to burn around 2K DBC per vital skills (usually 4 or so per class) and raiders about 6K DBC per GMed skills and have at least 1-2 GMed skills
  14. VGScastaway Member

I've gotten 1 ea of 10 different spells so far... Of course, 2 of them are level 1 & 5 potency buff ones that I'll never use.
    The problem with this is that there are a lot of people solving this type of frustration with credit cards.
  15. semisus Does not play this game

How do you know? i dont think DBC income is something we publicly know? with all the cutbacks when they took over from sony?
    Besides i have actully bought some dbc to upgrade my ascensions but when you find a spell that you need, you expect to be able to use it/make it
  16. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Revenue? - nah I do not think its public knowledge but we can estimate expenses
    Data centers for servers support <100k a year
    Average developer salary + benefits + perks about 180k per year
    Advertisement/distribution/operational expenses - I have no ideas
    I'd say annually it cost at least 1-1.3M for company to run game like EQ2
    Players base - its really hard to say but it safe to estimate that we talking about between 10 to may be 30k subs with my guess closer to 10k total subs
    Bear in mind - SOE did give DBC this venue - they sold it for how much - I have no idea but more than 1M for sure
  17. Mermut Well-Known Member

I haven't seen many journeyman scrolls and I can't afford 1m per scroll for even 1 class, let alone all 4. If they honest 'expect' people to get their journeyman upgrades from drops, they should be dropping waaaaaay more often. I've only seen a single expert scroll.

This actually has me concerned with the expac where we're going to have to to go through each tier for our upgrades. People are going to be seriously gated by adepts (unless they open their wallets).
    Alenna and captainbeatty451 like this.
  18. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

@Mermut
    that is odd - prices in Maj'Dul apparently jacked
    On HOF most essential abilities available for 165k to 440k or so. Still stingy I know but not terribly bad
    Consider this - every 6 hours you can make 34k = 70K at bare minimum more like 80k.
    I rarely get in groups where SLR is profitable but killing Shade :D produce 1 crate of 20 resolve LEATHER armor and on my server apparently not every single leather user got it so some profit from raids happens. I also tend to regular visit OF1 to check for shadowweave buds - shadow quartz/roots (should you be fortunate with it) sells for like 6k easy. Saying this - its not THAT hard to accumulate enough cash per week to buy 1 illegible scroll
    In other words - consider this as another gateway (like exp scrolls)
  19. Mermut Well-Known Member

I'd be willing to buy the scrolls at the prices you mentioned, at least some of them. I don't have plat issues, but neither do I have 10s of millions of plat to afford the scrolls here, on Maj'dul.
    captainbeatty451 likes this.
  20. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

some ability have inflated popularity sadly - EA, Granite Protector
    while others may deliver same if not greater damage but far less know or/and popular - Mudslide, Implosion, Cascading Force
    second level nuke again sadly while not the most damaging in the pack always been a bit over priced even really weak one like stone hammer
    From what I see it now - easiest (reach cheapest) to assemble atm would be still Geo (with couple abilities artificially bloated price) about as cheap would thaumturgist (Septic/VO/Blood Contract/Revocation of Life)
    I have no idea how much cost Ele (since I am not buying it) but Scorching Earth looks to me most damaging ability of all in game
    Etheralist been bloated from the start still - Implosion/Cascading Force reasonably priced