In your opinion.....easiest class to play

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by ConcealFate, Feb 24, 2017.

1. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

I am looking for veteran opinions on what some of the easier classes are to play. I would like to roll a new character and eventually group with other real people. I don't have the hours I used to have to devote to the game, but would still like to be able to contribute to a group. Thank you in advance! :D
  2. Fairin Active Member

defiler (strongest heals), paladin(easiest hate control), conj (high dps w/o ethereal adorns pet carries most of the work.).

new scouts without ethereal adorns (at lv 100) will give you a sad
    captainbeatty451 and ConcealFate like this.
  3. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

any summoner - necro or conjuror can't go wrong with either
    Saw-Lau likes this.
  4. Carynn Well-Known Member

Necro on the whole for solo work below level 100 through ToT. So many self-heals that the conjy doesn't get (and yet, my second is a Conjy, go figure). For KA, no clue.
  5. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

why you need or want heals when you can have merc
    At lower levels use Kenny. at 85 (when you can fly) get Zhurgus, once you hit 100 get Gardening Goblin - problem solved
    I'd give slight edge to conjuror for different reason - conjuror pets seems more sturdy, bigger chunk of char DPS (hence easier to play)
  6. Carynn Well-Known Member

Some people don't want to play with a merc (or are FTP). If that's the case, Necro > Conjy on most of the solo content. But once you get to the top, things change. Can always betray/buy loyalty betrayal token (50 loyalty).
  7. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

I still would argue that
    Conjuror pet much sturdy compare to necro. Key point that necro "have to" to have heals while conjuror don't need to
  8. AnotherForumName Member

I'm not a veteran player these days (maybe the first two years the game came out) but just picked the game back up after 12+ years and playing a Shadowknight. Easy would be an understatement so far (only level 27/ and 90 AA) and can grab groups of even to yellow /con mobs of about 8 to 15 and never lose anymore than 20% health. Elite ^^^ can only grab up 5 or so though and usually end those battles with ~50% health, at worst.

Edit: no mercenary, solo-only [thus far] play. ^
  9. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

thanks for the input all.

I asked because so many websites and other people would say things like "ohhh dont create an (insert class here), they are hard to play". Illusionist was one of them.
  10. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

To elaborate - basically nowadays lion share of DPS will come from Epic 2.0 abilities and Ascending class - hence you need to look on those first
    Even for BL I am playing now - yesterday on raid I was clocking 650M DPS (which not much I know but still getting use to my new epic toy :)) - top 3 skills were not my class specific (well per se) ... Top was Savage Ally, follow by Septic Strike and follow by Virulent Outbreak ... lucky got mythical crit on Savage Ravaging so it been number 4 because of it (BL Primal) and then again 2 Ascending - Life Revocation and Blood Pact. Again bear in mind should I have different Ascending spec my DPS would go up for another 100-300M points
    Saying that I still say - best bet would be conjuror with second close choice necro and third beastlord
  11. Ratza Well-Known Member

I think most classes are easy to play - some have better viability in solo play if soloing is what you prefer. Some kill faster...others slower. I recommend try a few classes to find what you have fun with. I played a healer at launch and for several xpacs following - never dreamed I would like anything different than a healer - then I made a brigand...hands down loved my brigand and played it as my main for many years (close to 8)....had no desire to ever play a mage or pet class but then one day I decided to try a congy and the rest is history...not that I think my congy is easier to play than my brigand or my healer...but because I have fun...loads of fun on my congy...BTW...I have one of every class except a coercer/bruiser/guardian. I simply do not like tanking....I do enjoy playing scouts/healers....dislike all mage classes except my congy but probably because I never learned to really play/master any of the other mage classes. My advice - find a class you enjoy and stick with it until you master its play style. IMO...One well played toon is hands down better than tons of underplayed/undergeared (I'm bored today so let me drag out an alt) toon. :)
  12. Earar Well-Known Member

yeah most classes are easy
    even bard and chanties.

I had not issue levelling my dirge, and maybe coercers are a bit trickier but manageable.

for healers, I know wardens are really easy to level up with their melee AAs ... as for defilers, they have such a slow cast speed .. I hate questing with them. I guess mystics and inqui are easy too (both also melee healers)

I'd say scouts can be tricky with all positionnal attacks, especially assassins, but haven't played one for a long time, so can't be sure.

and I don't know for beast lords and channeler, but most classes are easy. but some are funnier and fast to level and some are slow because they lack dps
  13. Dude Well-Known Member

I think you're asking the wrong question. You should be looking for the class that you enjoy playing. Anything else, even if it's easy, will not keep your interest. You'll end up not really liking it, not learning how to play it, and not grouping. Something you enjoy will mean you will play it better and a well played class will always be wanted in groups.

What do role do you want to play? Tank, healer, or DPS?
  14. Tooloose Active Member

Easy is a loose term for the question you're asking. A guardian can't kite mobs like a dirge or troubadour can and a monk isn't a trash truck like a zerker is.

Different tools for different jobs. I have a Templar for healing, a zerk for powerleveling, a coercer, troubadour, dirge, illusionist, and an assassin for utility. Once I've raised up all of those to end game, I play for myself.

If I had to pick a one size fits all class with an easy learning curve, I would say play a necromancer or a fury. Once you figure out the easy rotations, it gets as repetitive and boring like powerleveling.
  15. Earar Well-Known Member

oh btw .. at low lvls u may not be able to group much ...

and at high levels, sadly now, your best way to contribute to a group (except for heal and fighters), it's through dps. even supports now do high amount of dps and their utility has decreased tremendously. chanters and bards are still important and needed .. in most groups, but with all stats reaching cap at high level, most buffs are a bit outdated.

for bards, their VC is a huge deal in group now. and to make great VC, a bard needs great DPS.

so .. better play something you enjoy, anyway every class can bring something to a group