In Remembrance – Keith Parkinson

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by ARCHIVED-Danicia, Oct 26, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Danicia Guest

Seven years ago today, Keith Parkinson lost his battle with Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (AML). Keith was an amazing artist, friend, mentor, father and husband, and he is still greatly missed. He continues to inspire those who knew him every day. Keith touched so many lives and it is important that we all remember his great spirit and how he loved life.
    Keith painted the artwork for the original EverQuest box and the first three expansion packs. In painting the box art, he also created Firiona Vie.
    [IMG]
    Although he was unable to finish the box art for Vanguard: Saga of Heroes, he did create the art for Jeric, Eila and Idara. During his life, Keith traveled the world many times over. He explored castles across Europe, camped in the deserts of Kenya and wandered the busy streets of Hong Kong but his favorite place to be was always at home surrounded by friends, family, and of course, lots of paint. Keith fought every step of the way while battling Leukemia and never gave up hope, but in the end it was more than his body could handle.
    To see more of Keith’s great works and how his spirit lives on today, please visit: http://www.keithparkinson.com/store.php
  2. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

Danicia wrote:
    Are those Vanguard cities or something?
  3. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

those are the three major 'lore' figures of Vanguard. Like FV/Al'kabor/Mayong might be for EQ
  4. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

I grew up surrounded by his artwork through playing Dungeons and Dragons in the late 70's, 80's and early 90's and still to this day I am touched when I see his work in various places. He was an amazing artist and his work inspired me to get into art and painting at an early age.
    Rest well Keith Parkinson.