In game voice

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Grumpy1, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Grumpy1 Member

Would it be possible to fix the in game voice servers for once? That they drop every now and then fine . At this very moment it hasnt connected to any channel for the last 2 weeks. redid all the drivers , checked eq2 a million times. It just says disconnected from chat channel the second i try to enter a chat channel. please fix, Ta
    Metro Gnome likes this.
  2. Mazcote Yarquest Active Member

Oddly, one of my toons is affected while another is able to use voice chat.

I have led to believe (by a fellow in game nerd) that the issue is attributable to a server "lock" for tunes who were logged into voice during an event which resulted in only those toons being locked out.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Device drivers are not usually going to be the cause of a sudden lapse in voice chat service. I'd try rebooting your computer, opening Launchpad, click the Advanced Tools button (crossed hammer and wrench icon) and ask it to validate files. That should fix it if you have a borked file somewhere.

You might look in the main EQ2 folder for EQ2VoiceService.exe and rename it to something like EQ2VoiceService_old.exe, then start the Launchpad, which should force it to download a new, clean copy of that file.

If that doesn't help, I'd suggest you create a Support Ticket. You might want to look in your /logs folder for a file that is named something like vvs-2019.01.18.log -- that's the voice service logs -- and attach the last couple of days to the ticket Other files that might be helpful to include are in the main EQ2 folder: alertlog.txt and debug.log.
  4. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

Also, keep in mind, the voice program is an add-on program to the game. If you're running two copies of the game at the same time, it's advisable to disable the voice chat of the character you are not using as a primary alt so that the programs don't "cancel" each other out. It will run two versions of the voice add-on, bug out, and neither will work. So pick one, and disable the voice on the other.
    Breanna likes this.