In-Game Dungeon Overlord AKA Player Built Dungeons :)

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Zabjade, Jul 13, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Condara Guest

Felstrike wrote:
    The lead game designer has no business contributing to its future?
    L O L
  2. ARCHIVED-biguglyone Guest

I am looking forward to DYOD as an extension of house desig/ decorating. However I would like to see at least an option to run as your actual character. I can see and agree that the avatar based option may be fun for a very short period of time then the novelty will wear off. When I do content in the game I almost always am doing multiple things at a time. When I do dungeon crawling I am looking for new shinys new gear or shards and AA or reg experience Discos triumphs ect. The whole process is advancing my character. With the avatar based system all you can hope for is a little gear. I hope the developers will soon make it possible for players to run through them as themselves. I heard a good idea from someone else about using a harclave buff so as to even the playing field. Also the dungeon might be run in easy and hard mode with slightly better rewards for hard mode. Just a few ideas Im sure the developers can come up with many more to enable players to run thier own characters in the DYOD's.
  3. ARCHIVED-Felstrike Guest

Condara wrote:
    I know who he is, hence my comment. If someone is driving the game into the ground, then they should be replaced. Since I dont want to sound like someone who is complaining without offering any solution, I give you the following.
    List of Things that would Restore My Faith in Rothgar
    -A single patch or hotfix that makes heroic or raid zones harder, rather than easier.
    -Acknowledging that the Speed of a Mount defines the progression for Mounts.
    -Removal of the new Cookie-Cutter equipment system/progresion used since the launch of DoV.
    -Produce a new expansion that contains more than 2 overland zones.
    -Acknowledging that the 'Make Good Program' was more of an insult than a genuine attempt at making good.
    -Find a way to mitigate the skyrocketing economy so brand new players arent paying 10 plat for a level 10 mastercrafted item.
    -Fix the mentoring system

To Show I am not all negative, I include the following.
    List of things Rothgar has done well
    -Kael as an awesome contested zone, better if it were challenging.
    -Mid Expansion updates which add significant new content.
    -Revamp of newbie areas and removal of Qeynos and Freeport as starting cities.
    -Hardware upgrades for servers
    -Battlegrounds as a PVP option for carebear servers.
    -Removal of Avatars from the game i.e. Arenas

Edited to add to the list above. Both lists are partial.
  4. ARCHIVED-Kelricc_EQ2 Guest

If this has already been suggested I appologize for missing it.
    Is it too late in the development of this feature to consider allowing the option to at least APPEAR as if our character were doing the dungeon?
    By that I mean we would graphically see our character on screen while the server would apply the abilities of whatever avatar we have chosen. This gimped version of our character could be explained by whatever (trauma/amnesia/going back in time when we could only learn eight spells) is appropriate. The avatar abilities could be by spirit guide/teacher/possession or... something.
    Certainly not ideal, I would much rather use my character at full strength. But if that is not possible at this time, please consider allowing the option for it to look like the character I have invested time and have an attachment to.
  5. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

I do have to admit that I would love a chance to design Dungeons. Ideas in mind so far.
    Monk Trial (Solo) with lots of monk type stuff : Just need Tatami Mats that aren't shredded (Trade-skilled) or rounded (Panda-faction)
    Paladin Stronghold (Evil-raid) Many things best lost to Sentiments are stored there to be, well LOST! However the Overlord/Cristanos/Etc want those items and have tasked you to retrieve them from those short-sighted fools.
    Hidden Iksar Breeding grounds (???) No idea on this one really but light sources under the water dark elsewhere steamy...might just have to make an Iksar house for this one instead...Needs: Bubbling Water platforms or cubes(set their natural floor level about an "inch" above the ground for varying depths.
  6. ARCHIVED-Celline-Layonaire Guest

Felstrike wrote:
    From what I've learned, DYOD is less about the lore and more about the fun and side thing to do. You absolutely don't have to build your dunjin in accordance with the game lore. Just think about the housing and creating Magneto in the DCUO.
    (and one can't get any exp points or up level with DYOD it seems. Rather, you earn dungeon tokens to buy more shiny fluffs/stuffs which all give more choice in the process of making dungeons

But when DYOD chandlers(merchants I mean) start to sell uber gears, well......
  7. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

Keep in mind that EQ2 is being used as a test environment for EQNext concepts. I would not be at all surprised to learn later that DYOD is simply a proof of concept for a much larger and fully fleshed out feature of EQNext.
  8. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Felstrike wrote:
    Umm Yeah the Economy is left in the hands of the players I, don't thing Dev regulation would work or be popular, If you can get the rares you can get it made for only a tip.
    Besides I've seen people sell things for just under vender price, but high enough that the Broker fees puts it over so you can't clean out the stuff withough taking a hit to the wallet.
    So it goes both ways but I don't thing that the Devs should regulate the economy, Printing more plat coins is going to lower the strength of the plat.
  9. ARCHIVED-millie Guest

Rothgar wrote:
    "Design Your Own Dungeon" would be cool, with avatars or adventurers.

But that is not what you are giving us. This is "Decorate Someone Else's Dungeon", not cool at all.
  10. ARCHIVED-millie Guest

Brutalicus@Nagafen wrote:
    Hmm, think for a moment what if "Design Your Own Dungeon" had included a layout editor.

Roll that into player housing and instead of buying an X room house in Y you could buy an entrance hall in Y and add purchased rooms of different sizes, hallways, balconies, gardens etc. Think on that a while.

That is along the lines of what I thought "Design Your Own Dungeon" would be, buy an entrance in Zek: monster pallette pretty much Orcs and level appropriate for Zek (the Orcish Wastes), buy an entrance in Eastern Wastes maybe your monster pallette is Kombral and so on.