Impossible game conditions

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Lain529157, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Cravaro Active Member

Stabbie good info there. I took a break a few years ago and did very little in AoM. What exactly is the Class Debuff you mentioned? The only class debuff I know of is the one you got in DoV from killing Tserrina.
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  2. Lain529157 Member

Potency ; 39,208.8 %

Don’t have skill in my chapter(
  3. parissa Well-Known Member

You need Fount of Power or you won't survive.... Your potency is really low... What is your characters name so we can look at the gear you are wearing might help us to tell you what you might be missing... I solo alot and haven't ever done heroics or raids since Kunark, so I feel your pain... Panda quest will give you the some decent potency runes for your weapons... Also get the orange run from Coliseum... Celestial Gate I think is what its called from istar the mighty... Also grab the orange ethereal mastery rune from Myrist off the ethereal merchant... They are both free... And off the panda make sure to get the white runes from him too... That will also help alot...
  4. Lain529157 Member

I'll try to get the ability. And go to the panda. Nick in the game Niiki. EU server.
  5. Lain529157 Member

Thanks everyone for the advice!
  6. Aeriel Active Member

OK I had a quick look at your character on EQ2U (a great resource if you haven't found the website before).

You have upgraded your equipment but none of it, apart from your chestpiece from the lockbox in Myrist, has any adornments. Perhaps these are new since you last played. Your potency is really low but you can boost this with adornments, both from the Archivists gear in the lockbox and by visiting the Panda at the spires in Sundered Frontier. (You won't be able to purchase anything from his friend until you've done the quests which are simple visit places and you can find out where to go from the wiki.)

First go to your class trainer and purchase and scribe the ability Adornment Reclamation if you have not already done this. To reclaim your adornments unequip the item and then use AR on the item in your bags. This will 'pop' off your adornments in to your inventory - orange, white, blue and cyan. For starters just use the equipment from the box - if you have destroyed it then just get another one. To add an an adornment to an item, the item has to be in your inventory, then click on the adornment, select use and then click on the item. I think you are asked to confirm (I have switched this off). There is probably a better explanation elsewhere or ask your guildies for help with this.

Check you are using the latest mount.

Fount of Power is a buff you get when you go into the solo instances, it will not help in overland zones such as Doomfire so you wont be able to find it for general use.

Good luck
    Soara2, Breanna and Juraiya like this.
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

You can do those new signature quests in Teren's Grasp and get some really nice equipment from those.
    parissa, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  8. Soara2 Well-Known Member

The only way I could do the signature line was to be in MC gear that I crafted with level 10 merc and the summer quests still had to get people to help me kill certain mobs. Also the same for the prelude except on my shadow knights. Granted love my main NOW and all, but it is getting ridiculous. I don't think the game wants everyone to play. Then new expansion coming and have to do the crafting and materials collection again and level back up to rinse and repeat it all over.
    I agree. Not everyone can just boost and grab the freebie gear and do all this.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  9. Scion01 New Member

Returning also after 5 years and WOW! :eek: I have print all the suggestions out so would have something to follow.. :) EQ2 was my first mmorpg, started back in April 2006. Its like a new game with old friends. Had to redo forum account guess my old one is gone, started back a few days ago. Thanks for all this good info I needed it.
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Dude like this.
  10. Lain529157 Member

I already have plans for half a year in advance)
    Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  11. Lain529157 Member

put in jewelry, but I can’t put it on. As I understand it, you can’t do without a subscription)
    Semperfifofum and Soara2 like this.
  12. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Wow, there is a LOT of GOLDEN ADVICE in this thread!!! Thank you so much to Sigrfida & Korochun! You guys are great & so sharing, thank you SO much. I want to use my Level 110 Ogre character to level up in Tinkering, Adornments, Transmuting & doing most of this stuff/harvesting/crafting myself. She is already my best harvester/ they improve as you use them to harvest. With added enhancements she gets my 15 toons the most Rares.

Sigrfida you are the most awesome Explainer that I've read here in the EQ2 Forums. Were/are you a schoolteacher per chance? You totally answered all 3 categories that Korochun put out there. I am really into improving Gorralok my Ogre with all of this. Thank you heartily with a big ole Ogre-HUG to both of you!
    Soara2, Rosyposy, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  13. Jalathan Active Member

I know for me, coming back from a multiyear absence it was very difficult. Without the help of the great guild I joined, I probably would not of stayed. The effects of platflation on the game are very much evident on AB. When I left 100-200p put you into a pretty wealthy category where I could buy masters when I saw them on the broker, when I came back, it wasn't even enough to buy a handful of adepts... To me, that was one of the two hardest things to overcome.

The other thing was that a heroic marked mob is not necessarily a group one (but sometimes they are...), but also that a solo zone doesn't mean a solo zone anymore (unless you are outrageously equipped), it means you MIGHT be able to do it with a merc (which was also new to me) or a second person, maybe.... and if you can (unless that person could solo it, as stated before), it will take you a LONG time to get through it.

Being an antique to the game, it has its good points, it has its what were you thinking points, but this game has had those since day 1 back in 2004.
    Soara2 likes this.
  14. Soara2 Well-Known Member

I am going to try to do some things on two freshly boosted characters this weekend and see how it goes
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Since you are a channeler, highly recommend you pull up a Channeler guide on wiki and make sure you're pet is using the right parts. This is not an easy class to play. Don't know if you're in a guild or not, but strongly suggest you find one that has support for new/returning players. They can help cut the learning curve immensely. Do the faction quest(s)--Pakiat is good and that will help raise your ascension to 20. Use EQ2Wire to study some channeler builds--wouldn't recommend you start with a raider's build because their gear/adornments allow them to spec differently than a more casual/returning player like yourself. Have patience--you can catch up, it will just take time.
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  16. CFIIMEI New Member

The information on this thread is excellent. I am starting to work on some of the steps I have not yet completed that have been recommended but I would like to know what stats I should be aiming for to do the solo out door stuff in luclin and what I should change with my character. My characters name is Shakja and is on Skyfire.

I have completed the panda quests
    Dude likes this.