Impossible game conditions

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Lain529157, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Lain529157 Member

You can ban me, as you do with all similar messages! You do not solve them at all!

Good afternoon! I draw your attention again! People who started to play or have not played for a long time can’t go through relevant content! For them, too weak characteristics and unprotected skills to the maximum. I created a character and made a boost. Further, only the old content, the new pass physically impossible. Pay attention to this! Play your own game for yourself! Read the forum (you delete everything like that immediately). Only veterans can play your game, not new, returning players. And this is a lot of additions. Disgusting work! And there is no connection with you, as through a ticket. Not even mai
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. sonoske Active Member

Its not really that hard.. I was away from the game for 6 months I had top end dungeon gear when I came back to chaos expected.
    I ran the question lines and the Solo dungeons. It was all easy no struggle. Then I asked in channel to be carried for gear and had alot of people help me get ready in less then 2 weeks for the up coming expac.. The game is not hard you just can't expect to come back and be top end without hard work.. This isn't world of Warcraft
    Hartsmith, Jrox, Soara2 and 4 others like this.
  3. Lain529157 Member

I am writing about something else. Returning to the game with a break of several years and buying an add-on (using boost to 110) and taking things from the chest attached to the game, I am useless! killing one ordinary mob takes about 10 minutes (this despite the fact that they helped me pack things a little better than from the chest). I am not able to kill anyone in the current addition even better equipment than the game offers originally. Or should I play for about three years, going through all the previous additions, to pump and play the actual that I bought. a person taking a break in the game for more than 2 years is not able to play the current version.
    Soara2 likes this.
  4. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

Do you use spell and abilities or you kill monsters using autoattack?
    Soara2, Snikkety and Cyrrena like this.
  5. Lain529157 Member

Yes of course. Skills and in that cheshlen ascended skills. Leveling skills is not initial. There is a mount, a mercenary and a minien. This is enough for one ordinary practitioner. The plot or someone is not able to kill.
    Soara2 likes this.
  6. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

Please enter "Doomfire, the Burning Lands" and see if you can kill any monster there. Is your character priest or fighter by the way?

Doomfire is accessible from Myrist, the Great Library. It is easy to find.
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  7. Lain529157 Member

My class is Channoler. Now I can kill a creature in this location (except for Bosses), but it will take about 10 minutes. Despite the fact that I don’t have an initial gear. Assesinal class is level 13. If there are two opponents against me, then this is death.
    Semperfifofum and Soara2 like this.
  8. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

What is your Potency when you are in Doomfire? Is it more than 100.000?
  9. Thrundaloo Member

Have you got the gear from the chest in the Library?
    Have you got a mercenary?
    Have you starts the signature line?

I came back to the a year ago after many years away - it's hard to make a comeback.
    But it's possible...

Get gear from library, and do the sig' quest.
    It takes time to kill named mobs in solo, but it should be possible.

I prefer a challenge and this expansion (Chaos Desc) was tough to start with.
    Semperfifofum, Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  10. Lain529157 Member

1.Yes
    2.Yes
    3.Yes

The main quest and side quests are done before I can do them. Thanks to people, I closed the dungeon solo in 3 of 4 zones. I already have better gear than in the chest. Clothes for the mercenary also have. His pumping and pumping horses and less is also present.
    Soara2 likes this.
  11. Lain529157 Member

I’ll come in later and take a look.
    Soara2 likes this.
  12. Raff Well-Known Member

You can't come into a 15 yr old game and expect to be able to solo your way to T2's. The game has a steep learning curve. Plus you have come in 1 month (+/-) from the new xpac. That is not much time to catch up even if you are a vet...much less a new player. We came back 8 months ago. It took us several months to get to where we could even run a T1 with a Guild group.

Get a Merc. The Myrist Chest gear is junk. Strip the adorns off of it and buy or craft Mastercraft gear. Or do the Panda quests and get that armor / weapons / adorns there. Do your sig line.

Most of all...find a guild / people that will help you. You'll need them if you want to run T1 or T2 dungeons. Since the ethereal event was closed, almost no one is running dungeons anymore.
  13. Lain529157 Member

Dungeons and raids are not very interested. I just want to go through the plot and run through the usual zones of additions. and that’s what upsets me, and not that I can’t get into the dungeons. I can’t kill an ordinary enemy in the world of expansion (not a dungeon) - and this is precisely the problem.
    Soara2 likes this.
  14. Raff Well-Known Member

The problem is you do not know what you are doing. I just told you what you need to do above.

You are not open world ready with Myrist Chest gear only.
  15. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

16. Stibbie Member

We've been trying to come up with a list of things people should do when new or returning to the game at this time, so far this is what we've come up with

2019 Panda Quests From sundered frontier and then purchase all available adorns, ancient crates etc
    Visit Ethereal merchant to get class orange rune
    Pick ascension class and level one to 20
    begin upgrading ascension spells
    Blood of Luclin prelude quest (solo zone drops 90 resolve gear) run zone several times
    Gain exp to get AA to 350 bauble only takes you to 320
    Get a merc and begin leveling
    Class debuff from AoM
    Diety quest for mythical altar buff
    Goblin HQ quest
    Kill dragons and do crafting in Dragon Attack event for new mount items
  17. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Hokay, I just rolled a new channeler and used the 110 boost last week, so I can speak with some authority on this one.

The problem isn't exactly the game, rather that you just don't know where to go to improve your toon. Chaos Descending has a steep step between solos and heroics, but it's not hard to get into Solos at all. You really need potency; crit bonus and fervor also help. A mercenary is also a big help. I hired Firiona Vie in the Myrist Library, then started her training and geared her up as I could.

My suggestions:

(1) Ditch the freebie armor
    Get a nice tailor and jeweler to make you mastercrafted Academic gear. You will need 2 rare leather for each armor piece and 2 rare gemstones for each jewelry piece. You will also need a good weapon, secondary, and very importantly, a great bow. The bow needs 2 chunks of rare wood. The weapon will need either 2 rare metal or 2 rare wood. If you use a shield as secondary, that's weaponsmiths now (2 rare metal), I think, if you use a symbol, that's a jeweler (2 rare gems).

Harvesting
    The best way to get all these rare materials (IMHO) is to go to the Isle of Mara and look for Quo Augren, who is swimming fully clothed in a pond near the rice paddies. He gives you his Gathering Obsession quests that will lead you to various tiers of harvesting and help you level harvesting to max.Yes, if you don't like harvesting this is boooring. I do like harvesting... I put on some tunes and zen out doing it.

Then harvest the heck out of Doomfire and Vegarlson, accessible from the Elemental Gallery of the Myrist Library. You can successfully do this even on a very low level toon, the key is to work around the edges and avoid mobs. At 110, buy a stack of Defibrillating Heart Stoppers (they're crafted by tinkers with at least 425 skill). If you do catch aggro, take one or two steps towards safety and use the Heart Stopper to Feign Death, wait for the monster to move away, then stand up by pressing X. There are a number of inexpensive bits of gear to make harvesting easier.

Any harvests you don't need for your own gear can be sold on the broker. And pick up shinies everywhere you go and sell the ones you don't need, they can add revenue.

If you feel like it, you can buy a few Krono and sell them, and use the proceeds to Buy Stuff, if you prefer.

Transmuting
    Every day, visit Londiar Inygad in your home town's crafting headquarters, or the Adorning/Tinkering trainer in Myrist, and do the little Transmuting quest at least (they also offer tinkering and adorning quests). You will want to get your transmuting skill up all the way, because then you will be able to transmute any junk armor/gear you get and save the transmuted materials to have crafted into good adorns later.

(2) Adorn your gear
    Travel to Sundered Frontier using any Wizard Spire. Near the Spire is a panda, Yun Zi, who has a series of simple exploration quests. Do all of these through this year's series. Yun Zi has a sidekick, Pas Yu, who can sell you some very nice white adorns (you want the ones with "Daring" in the title) and also good cyan adorns (these go on your weapons, and I don't recall what the best set is called, compare stats).

There are crafted Celestial white adorns that would be very useful, but they're not cheap. Also crafted orange adorns that are quite good, but also quite dear. If you have the materials, most crafters will do it for you for the fuel cost and a tip. The expensive part of the materials is infusions and Essence of Chaos. If you learned to transmute, you can make your own mats, but the only way to get Essences of Chaos is to either buy them on the broker, or else level up your crafting and do the CD tradeskill sig line, then do the daily crafting quest from Myrist, and the three daily harvesting quests you can pick up from any guildhall's harvester, miner, and gatherer NPCs.

So, for now, go to your class trainer (for good folks that's in New Halas, I'm not sure where the evil side one is, but it will be either Neriak or Gorowyn) and purchase the Adornment Reclamation ability, then scribe it. Once that's done, go to the Myrist Library lobby and look in Tishan's Lockbox. You can't see them, but every piece in there has Planes of Prophecy adornments on them. "Buy" one of everything (they cost zero copper), and then use the Adornment Reclamation ability to peel the adorns off the pieces. Use these to fill in any adornment slots you can. You want lots of crit bonus and potency. Some of the orange adorns in there come in sets, when you examine the adorn it will show you what benefits you get from having 1, 2, or 3 of the set.

(3) Do the Chaos Descending Signature Quest Line
    Remember to take your mercenary! Along the way, you may get more adorns, you may get some illegible scroll pages for Ascension spells. Ask a sage to help you get your Ascensions leveled up... they can make Journeyman, Expert, and Grandmaster versions using fairly common materials, the Adepts, Masters, and Ancients you will have to have the illegible scroll pages for. These will also drop in solos.

(4) Get Status
    Run Public Quests in Myrist
    Right now is a great time to catch PQs, because it's the start of the Celestial spell quests (monthly). Get in the PQs whenever you can, do your best, and you will get gear and status.

Solo Quests
    Pick up all the Solo quests from all the quest-givers, including the flying book, in the Elemental Gallery. The outdoor solo overland quests are good, because they get you the Academic Tremissis coinage you will need for some purchases, and each time you kill an overland name for the first time, you get status (after that, it's worthwhile for the coins and loot, too).

There are daily and weekly quests for the various Solo Zones. Some of the Solos I can't do with my channeler and merc (Trials of Air [Solo], Quarez kills me). Ask in channels if anyone else would like to knock out some solos with you. If you have another live player, particularly a DPS player, you can get through solos really fast. Being in a guild with active players is really helpful for stuff like this. Run whatever Solos you can do to rack up status!

Dragon Attack!
    You will notice that there are dragon attacks happening at the Wizard Spires in Everfrost, Thundering Steppes, Nektulos Forest, and Loping Plains. Hit as many of these as you can. Yes, they are lagfests. Do your best, they can reward some very nice mercenary gear, mount tack (you did start training your mount, yes?), etc. and they give status.

(5) Improve your Adorns More
    Once you have a bunch of status built up, purchase a Call of the Tinkerer (or get someone to make you one. Then travel back to Myrist and take the south corridor from the main rotunda, then use the portal there. In the gallery where you arrive is a portal with a big horn in it. Use that portal to enter Kael Drakkel. Usualy you can /shout in the zone asking if there is someone at the merchant who will group with you for a minute. Once grouped, target that person, use Call of the Tinkerer, and you will arrive at the Hypogeum where there is a merchant who will sell you Ragebourne white adorns (he has other stuff, but to start with, focus on the white adorns).
    CFIIMEI, WhysperWynde, Soara2 and 4 others like this.
  18. Korochun Member

19. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

You could always make a character on Rivervale. Its a week old, you would have people that are all either starting at level 1 or using a Heroic token boost to start at level 95 and so you would be arriving with the herd at the same spots at the same time.
    Soara2, Breanna and Kuulei like this.
  20. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The class debuffs (Demoralizing Swipe, Divine Despair, Pall of the Elements, and Slice of Despair) come from the Destiny of Velious expansion in defeating the Tower of Frozen Shadow x2 raid (this can be soloed if you are level 110). You do need it if you will be hunting in Fabled Kael Drakkel raids. I have no idea if you will need it in the new expansion, but you don't need it anywhere else except Velious and Velious-related zones so far as I know.

Deity quests are pretty simple. Along the way, you get a god pet that's basically an animated buff, and that's handy to have. The wiki has a full description (and don't forget to bookmark the wiki!)

The Goblin Skull Earring Heritage Quest is from Kunark Ascending and takes place in Obulus Frontier. I can't solo this one on any of my toons for one step, I had to get at least one or two other people to help me kill Grachnist the Destroyer. The reward, the Shrunken Goblin Skull Earring, you put on and right click to use to get a nice one-hour buff. There is a raid version, Quickened Shrunken Goblin Skull Earring, that has the same buff but it lasts 5 hours, but you have to have a raid of at least 18 people even now, and the step of killing the Kly is a giant PITA because to win the fight, you need to NOT damage the mob mostly and most people can't keep it in their pants.
    Soara2, Cyrrena, Juraiya and 2 others like this.