Implacable Cloak

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Phixur, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It wasn't the going to IoR to buy the cloak, it was the passing the thing around to everyone to get updates, apparently. This is the problem when people exploit... the fix often comes back to bite other people in the kiester.
    Breanna likes this.
  2. Beee Well-Known Member

And that's the problem:
    The first type of players looted the cloak (got the key) and bought the upgrade and maybe exploided by trading the unattuned cloak in the group to the second type of players. Then the cloak was transfered to IoR and was sold
    The third type of players got the cloak on IoR for a lot of platin, transferd it to life for 2200 DBC

And now the analyse: The second type of players may be called exploider or buguser
    The first type of player ate the winner of the solution: They got the cloak and really a lot of platin
    The third type are the frustrated looser. They used a official way to get a cloak which was made afterwars useless.

We have to have fun here in Norrath, but all players of type #3 are REALLY frustrated.

Instead of making this unfair CD-flag it sould have been much erasier to make the upgraded cloak only buyable with an attuned cloak right from the beginning. In this case there would not be any player of type #2

In my opinion this actions at least for me destroyed the trust in Daybreak. I will renew my Membership only if i can use my upgraded cloak before my allready payed time runns out.
  3. Beee Well-Known Member

BTW its's very easy to grep the logfiles on IoR for characters which got the
    Inexorable:there and add a CD flag too
    You receive \aITEM -935367420 -350297806:Inexorable\/a

It seems Daybreak just do not want to do this
  4. Arieva Well-Known Member

What I really want to know is there any plans to go forward with similar account flags on for example the Guk meta blue rune? Those that are considering purchases on IoR (there have been sellers advertising on Maj'dul auction channel selling the guk meta blue upgraded blue rune) deserve to know. At this point if similar mechanics are considered to go into place for other high demand items from IoR server it would be nice to give the playerbase a heads up.
    Breta and MSMS like this.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You might as well hold your breath until things change to suit yourself. It will be just as effective.

If I were in your position, I would probably try a politely-worded support ticket (without any threats about "If you don't do this, I will quit") explaining that you transferred to IoR, got the cloak, transferred back to your live server, and never exploited the cloak, so pretty please, could you have your cloak back? It may not work, but that's the only way I can see that you might get what you want.

You have to ask yourself whether an exploit is happening with it. The cloak was a problem, because if you had one of the basic form of the cloak, you could just not attune it and pass it around to everyone you knew, then all of you were flagged to be able to purchase the upgrade, I think it was (I'm going by what has been said in the forums).

If you want that rune but want to be absolutely sure it doesn't get taken from you, then I'd suggest that once you're geared up to be able to do the CD heroics, you should be able to take a couple of friends and rip through Guk, and quickly fill out that collection for yourself. Just sayin'
  6. Beee Well-Known Member

I made a polite petition with all logfiles and got the answer:

I wish we could, but we aren't giving any recompense for this situation. You CAN get access to that cloak if you just LOOT it. That will give you the unlock.

Please feel free to send up a /feedback report to the Developers with any suggestions. You might also post on the Forums.
  7. Beee Well-Known Member

These account flags for using an item are not a good idea.
    A buyable item on IoR has to be useable - it's a matter of trust

Within the last weeks there are really nice expensive things like the blue 70 Fervor or the blue 25 Fervor rune in broker on IoR. Or think about the ethernal coins. Whats's the difference to the other items like runes or inoxerable?

I'm sure these items are transfered to life and Daybreak got a lot of DBC or real cash for Kronos plus the seller got a huge amout of platin. So it's a win win win situation for everyone who is willing to do this.

If this is not inteded Daybreak has the easy and fast chance to disable
    instant
    the broker on IoR until it's fixed - but not reactive weeks later without a rollback
  8. Dude Well-Known Member

I'd go farther than that. It goes against the whole premise of the free trade server. If the important things aren't going to be free trade, then why have a free trade server?
    ConcealFate, Breanna and Beee like this.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It's the "buy one and pass it around to everybody you know" that was the exploit. Sorry you got burned because people were cheating, but that's the way it is. Cheaters don't care if they're going to hurt others along the way.
    ConcealFate and Breanna like this.
  10. Beee Well-Known Member

This problem could have be solved much easier: If it's only possible to buy the upgrade at the merchant if cloak is attuned - so the exploid would not have been possible

ATM a lot of players are pissed on because they got the cloak on IoR and transfered to life. This problem could be easy solved if these players get a CD Flag - but sadly it does not look this will happen.

I'm hoping for this for about a month :eek:

A guildie got his fifth!! Inoxerable cloak (this time from event weekly) while I'm sure I will not get it in the whole expansion (knowing my loot table within the last years)

It was a loot one from the chest and pass it around in the group "exploid" It could be called a 6x too high droprate too instead of exploid. And it's really not necessary to hurt loyal customers who got the cloak on IoR with this fix!!
    Dude likes this.
  11. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

If something seems too good to be true, it usually is.

They aren't going to fix it for you now, you need to move on and forget it.

(P.S I agree the concept was wrong in the first place, and really the exchange merchant should remove your old one. But I guess too many people were dumb enough to lose adorns doing this, hence new solution. KA Collection neck was the same issue, people were dumb/greedy then too.).
    Sigrdrifa and Beee like this.
  12. Beee Well-Known Member

When you bought the cloak on Refuge server (like I did) and you had no luck in looting the heroic cloak there are identical or maybe even better versions in in raid in the game like https://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/3403466703

Link of all cloaks 90+ resolve https://u.eq2wire.com/soe/item_sear...oak/-1/-1/-1/-1/-1/-1/-1/-1/-1/-1/-1/-1/90/-1

But the afterwards CD flag for the cloak is still a very bad design and hurts a lot of wrong players.
    Spending DBC (= REAL MONEY) for transfer and then loosing the cloak makes very bad mute.
  13. Beee Well-Known Member

I allready got a cloak with almost the same stats.. but i have to wait for getting a stupid random drop until i can spend money in Daybreak games...

I can not use my cloak from IoR, upgraded and fully infused … this is just frustating just because they forgot (or dont want to) flag some players

BTW: Support really told me to write in forum :)
  14. Beee Well-Known Member

Make the frustrating CD-flag for the inoxerabe cloak buyabe for 10.000 Archivist's Tremissis coins or give players of refuge transfer cloak the flag

The actual situation (having a legal fully infused - not wearable - Implacable cloak) is just frustrating
  15. Xianthia Well-Known Member

If you loot one on your server, can you then use the one you have infused? Couldn't that be the fix until a change is made?
    At this point in time it seems like this is done and dealt with (by DBG), is that not the case?
    Not stating your specific issue has been resolved. This is more of a general question regarding the overall cloak kerfuffle.

related note - I'm curious about the whole cloak/IoR situation and your on-going feedback, read my post from that perspective :)
  16. Beee Well-Known Member

There are some players who got the cloak for Platin on Refuge and transfered it to Life-Servers. These players did not get the CD-Key because they did not loot it. (I'm one ot these players)

In a petition i got the answer i just have to loot the cloak to be able to use my infused one.
    It seems they just dont want to fix this problem for some loyal non-cheating players who were hurt from the CD-Flag solution

They also told me to write here in forum about this problem ;)

BTW: I really want to spend money to Daybreak but I will do this right after beeing able to wear my cloak again
  17. Wish New Member

+1
  18. Beee Well-Known Member

I finally got the
    Inexorable from a Event Weekly quest - so i can use now my upgraded cloak which i got on refuge server and transfered.

The whole CD-flag and Daybreaks reaction about the problem still produces a bad mute for me and i really would like to see the Inexorable for others buyable too for a coins instead of hopeing for a random quest reward
    Drona likes this.
  19. Beee Well-Known Member

3 months later or almost half a year after the cloak CD-flag. I still think the possibility to buy the flag for coins really would be a cool thing!
    I'm sure a lot of players would like it
  20. Mermut Well-Known Member

Agreed.. there is almost nothing worth buying with the tokens as it is...
    Beee likes this.