Imbued and Blessed (Weapons)

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Gorkk00, May 19, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Gorkk00 Guest

Hey guys,

After a chat on the world channels, I started to wonder something: like 2/3 of our abilities are listed in the "spells" tab, and that's always like half of the attacks we use regularly, so I wonder: which imbue would it be best to go with?

* When going 1h + board (which i'll respec to do soon I think, as I solo much - currently specced AGI/WIS and dual wielding, thinking or removing the 2 end points in AGI though, rarely using that stuff)
    * When going with dual wield

With 1h and board I'd most likely go with imbue, as we still are in melee with much auto-attacks, but while dual wielding, would it be a benefit to go with 1 imbued weapon and 1 blessed weapon rather than 2 imbued weapons? (though I'm not sure I'll get a second weapon yet to be able to switch from 1h + board to dual wield, still thinking about it ;)).

Thanks for your input.
  2. ARCHIVED-Baynne Guest

my dirge is lvl 30, and uses 2 blessed steel weapons. the DPS on them is slightly higher than imbued, plus the proc on them increases spell damage for a short duration. i can't see any scout class as needing a shield... to me personally it doesn't fit the role. i spec'd wis first for DKtM, might take agi for poison proc.

as to what imbue... they are all the same. if you are talking about adornment... go with vampiric. nice little lifetap will help with soloing.
  3. ARCHIVED-firza Guest

just wait till you hit lvl 80 and a damn frog hits you to orange in 4/5 hits........you'll cllllroak diffelantly my fliend

(ps, starting from lvl 60-ish expect to kite a whole lot more then you do now)
  4. ARCHIVED-Gorkk00 Guest

Baynne wrote:
    I'm not sure I understood you there, as you then talk about the increased damage from the blessed proc: blessed and imbued weapons have the same DPS if we don't count the procs (proc effects depending on classes).
    I'm surprised though that you went for 2 blessed weapons, as considering how much time we spent auto-attacking in melee, and that we have half our attacks that are CA, imbued seems something I wouldn't consider not having at least once (hence why I was wondering for the second weapon only about the choice of blessed over imbued).
    Anyway, going with 2 blessed weapons seems really weird to me. Though, if you went with two blessed and find that good, it helps me decide for the second hand (which I then probably will bless then, ending with a imbued/blessed combo when dual wielding in group).

Baynne wrote:
    Well, with the STA line (as seen in many other threads in this forum), you only lose like 7-10% of DPS going on with a shield compared to a set of two similar 1h in dual wield, and don't lose anything if one of the dual wield 1 hander has less DPS than the other (or no proc), and you get on the other hand a greatly increased survivability soloing.

Baynne wrote:
    I had spec'd AGI first then WIS (DKTM), though I went in AGI mainly for bump (and dunno if I could do without it now :p). Was going to drop one of the line for STA, not sure which yet, but most likely the WIS line though, at least for now, considering I still solo much.

Baynne wrote:
    I know all imbue / blessing are the same (being an armourer, would be a shame otherwise :p). Almost forgot the adornments though, this lifetap adornment is something I've wanted to try since I found about it indeed.

PS: thanks for the input