I'm Your New Community Manager!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Jul 29, 2019.

1. AOE1 Well-Known Member

15 years? Newcomer :)

Welcome dreamweaver to the funny farm or otherwise known as Ding Dong School #2.
  2. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Yup, in EQ, years ago, when a new area opened up. I went in to look around. I didn't see much and decided to sit my character down under a tree and watch other players go by.

The tree moved. I almost jumped out of my skin. Turns out it was a treant sapling.

Whew. I left that zone rather quickly and didn't go back for a month.

I'm sure there are things just as scary in EQ II.
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

He just tried to kill me again in Skeeball.
  4. Daplane New Member

Congratulations ! & Welcome ; Hope you find as much enjoyment here as the rest of us do ! If your not then your in the wrong guild =-) Royal Guardians - Thurgadin
  5. Desetibrat Active Member

Proves my point, nasty place!
  6. Desetibrat Active Member

Phew! (*not on the list once for a change*)
  7. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

yet.
  8. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

I'll have a chat with him, I don't have enough limbs to catch more than two skeeballs at a time.
  9. Breanna Well-Known Member

I agree with Cyrrena, and I think actually Ttobey is the one you should be keeping an eye on. You're our community relations person now and he is being very mean to us. And I bet he didn't even check his list twice like Santa does, he just went all crazy.

It's really not our fault he is all chaved (sp) from the shackles we've had him in, if he would just behave he'd be fine.
  10. Eyeai New Member

Hail.

One duty of Community Manager is spreading the word about EverQuest II.

"Drive meaningful community engagement on all platforms, internal and external"
    "Work effectively with Brand, Public Relations .... to create .... promotional plans."
    "Provide event support, organization and execution as required for consumer shows."

Will you be more aggressive on Steam and Twitch, letting the gaming world know what's available and fun on EQII? Will there be more EQII presence in future game shows? Not hidden in a suite.

"Foster and maintain positive relationships with fan sites and media"

Will Feldon and EQ2wire, the last live EQII fan site, expect future renewed engagement?

11. Merriel Well-Known Member

Shaved? Chaffed? I suppose it depends on what kind of shackles you put him in, lol. Poor Ttobey. :confused:

No wonder he keeps trying to kill you. :p
  12. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Some of these questions I don't have answers to yet so I don't want to give you false hope. Suffice to say, I have lists of things I am looking at and working on and the longer I'm here hopefully my actions will end up answering those questions for you.
  13. Spindle Well-Known Member

Long live Ms Frances!
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Any news on the expansion? I know we can't expect it for awhile (If it follows the old patterns, Nov/Dec I imagine), but a bit concerned about a couple things lol.

...And no, for those who know how relentlessly I crusade against Ascension, that is surprisingly not one of the things.
  15. Eyeai New Member

Thank you.

Just one more thing. Daybreak recently trademarked, Golden Age Studios, Rogue Planet Games, and Darkpaw Games. Aligns with DC Universe, PlanetSide 2, and EverQuest & EverQuest II. Is Daybreak creating internal structures, allowing separate but equal departments more control to improve efficiency and foster team spirit/competition? As some major corporations do?
  16. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

You're already my new favourite community manager.
  17. Bigstomp Member

The no Duck promise seems like it was here to stay :p
  18. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

I never promised no ducks. Looks like that's a mallard of opinion.
  19. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

I would say, keep a weather eye on the horizon, answers will come eventually.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh! Nice to see you have excellent taste in literature and ice cream flavors! Welcome, dw! :D

Uwk
    Pixistik, Naramsin, Breanna and 2 others like this.