I'm really enjoying contested High Keep

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Gash, May 2, 2014.

1. Glassjaw Active Member

Any chance that the Cyan adorns can be made trade able? With how rare they are and how few groups go through the zone enough to get one it's extremely difficult to get even 1 cyan adorn.
  2. Margaritas Active Member

The healer ones drop like candy. WDB is a mystical unicorn.
  3. Ynnek Well-Known Member

It took us a while, but we eventually came to the same conclusion, and just declared pets verboten. While it was the Coercer's self PE casting mezz that was doing it, we figured better safe than sorry, and things have gone a *lot* cleaner since.
  4. Glassjaw Active Member

I have a bad habit of casting Safe House on my brigand in HKC for the purpose of the death save effect it has - then I forget to turn it off and later in the zone (2-3 levels down) I'll die and pop up in the middle of mobs and consequently kill my group (aka Margaritas). haha
    Margaritas likes this.
  5. Margaritas Active Member

Yeah, you and your safe house. :D
  6. Atan Well-Known Member

I don't really like the zone at all. It would be ok if CC was meaningful to the debuff, and if the walls / ceilings / floors didn't leak mobs.

The combination of the debuff, and the poor zone design makes it not really fun to play. At least I don't define not hitting half my buttons as 'fun'.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  7. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

I agree. It could be a fun zone, if it wasn't so small in design. Not that the places looks bad, it's just how the game mechanics work + such a small enclosed area that makes it far less enjoyable 'cuz you have to take many more extra measures to ensure you don't constantly wipe.

The Pickclaw area of the zone is a bit better in my opinion because mobs are a bit spread farther apart and there is 0 possibility of aggroing mobs in a level above or below you when you use 1 AoE like Coercer Shockwave or Berzerker Insolence.
  8. Hammdaddy Active Member

Went in last night and every fury skill i cast has an aoe attached so it was pulling 1-2 extra sets.Feelsgood.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  9. Margaritas Active Member

This zone is all about self control. Sometimes you need to chose if you want to risk pulling for higher DPS or live. Most people choose poorly and think they can AoE and they wipe the group. Don't group with those people.
  10. Hammdaddy Active Member

So don't bring a fury because you'll pull mobs around corners and in different rooms. Got it. Self control. Time to just spam autumn's kiss.
  11. Margaritas Active Member

I've been in there with a fury that didn't pull extras. Is it not possible to spec out of your spells that have the AoE's that are pulling?
  12. Malleria Well-Known Member

It also helps if your tank pulls mobs back to the group, not just charging forward.
  13. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

When I try to explain this zone to the uninitiated, the closest thing that comes to mind for me is Sol B or Lower Guk from EQ1.

Grindy dungeon crawl where you constantly have to be aware of your surroundings or you're going to get mobbed.

Getting mobbed in this zone though carries a heavy price.

Still love the zone though.
  14. Naudi Active Member

Thank you for giving us even more reasons to run this zone!