I'm really enjoying contested High Keep

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Gash, May 2, 2014.

1. konofo Active Member

As a sane Berserker, I love this zone, as-is. Change nothing.

kono
    Livejazz, Wirewhisker and Gash like this.
  2. Carni Active Member

One change I would make.....kick anyone that uses an AE or ae procing gear right out of the zone. No reason other members of the group should suffer an idiot to live =). People aren't gonna take the gear off or stop doing it, imo, so a swift boot a few dozen times might smarten them up.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  3. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

Love the zone, don't change a thing.
  4. Margaritas Active Member

I really love this zone, however it won't let me in because it is once again not listed as an option on the door.

Can we please get a fix for this? This seems to happen a lot.
    Kuulei, Wirewhisker and Malleria like this.
  5. Margaritas Active Member

Double post, but door is missing again today.
  6. Gninja Developer

I'll take a look and see if I can figure it out.
  7. Arieste Well-Known Member

Since this thread has been bumped again - the zone is great. I think you guys did a great job with the overall design, accomplishing what you had set out to do in terms of making it challenging, yet fun, good for more than a single run, etc. Everything "operationally" about the zone is good. Including the HQ.

The itemization for the zone doesn't motivate anyone to go there though. It was on my "we'll see what else is in there" list when it came out, but now that it's been out for a while.. there is really not much reason to go there lootwise. My guildmates - who spend whole days running zones at times - I can't convince them to go to HK ever. They just say "i can get much more etyma in instances, plus there is a chance at ethereals, there is absolutely nothing in HK". Which is kinda sad, because the is more fun - AND more challenging - than the ToV instances, there really should be better rewards for doing it. Or at least "on par" rewards.

Given that it takes abotu the same time to run whatever daily instance as it takes to get to and kill 1 or 2 bosses in HKC, it would be cool if they had a similar chance to drop ethereals. At least people would go there then, although it woudl probably still be harder and less efficient than running dailies.
    Gash likes this.
  8. Devilz New Member

I agree. It takes quite a while to run that zone and kill named. It would be nice if there was a chance to get an ethereal or better loot, period.
  9. Devilz New Member

Thanks G-Ninja!
  10. Gninja Developer

Fixed and should be in next update. :)
    Naudi and Malleria like this.
  11. Devilz New Member

Thanks for that quick find!

Now let's get a boost in Coercer DPS to come close to Illy DPS!
    Naudi likes this.
  12. Devilz New Member

Adding WDB to Velocity OR a WDB buff on Peaceful Link would be a good start!
  13. Kander Developer

We're looking at what we can do to up the rewards. Ethereal crates are going to be doubled on High Keep missions so you have twice the chance for them and we are adding more Etyma and coin as well.
    Eliziana, Arieste and Gash like this.
  14. Margaritas Active Member

Awwwwwww yeah!!

THANKS GNINJA!! You are the bestest.
    Naudi likes this.
  15. Malleria Well-Known Member

I'd suggest maybe increasing the drop rate of the rare loots. There are a handful of really killer pieces in HK, but they're soooo rare it's a huge downer trying to get them. It doesn't have to be anything drastic, just make the nice items appear more often and word will spread and people will come back to try and get them.
    Margaritas likes this.
  16. Naudi Active Member

Thanks so much for fixing the zone availability! I usually keep a toon parked inside for when this happens. Will be nice to bring her home.
    Margaritas likes this.
  17. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

How about 2x, or even 3x more heartstones dropping in both quests and mob drops so that guilds can achieve the HK guildhall sometime before either Christmas or the point at which guildmembers flat refuse to go back to the zone?
    Ruckus and Malleria like this.
  18. Margaritas Active Member

The highkeep guild hall is already easily obtainable. It can be done with one group in 18 days. You just have to put the work into it.

Edit: I say 18 days because I decided June 1st to work on this, and on June 18th is when T2 was reached.
    Feara likes this.
  19. Malleria Well-Known Member

Still seems to be having the problem after the update, at least on AB. If it helps, it's unavailable at the time of this post. Sorry :(
  20. Margaritas Active Member

Just wondering if the Coercer PE is supposed to have crazy AE? Is this intended? This thing pulls entire floors.

Can easily run without the pet, but just wondering if it's intended to be such a jerk in HKC.

Edit: If it helps, Katanallama helped me figure out it was pulling with 'mezz'